Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Phone posting apologies for auto corrects
Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Culkasi, as a person who has been in the raid scene of this server a long time I feel you are expecting a standard that I don't think CSG in the past has always met. I've seen a lot of incidents, particularly in fear, of CSG training/kiting something and not leaving the zone. That zone even has way fewer raid targets. It is not an uncommon occurrence for a casual guild or even a hardcore rivalry guild to fail a pull or mess up in such a way that takes a bystander guild out of the possibility of contending.

You've also expressed a lot of sentiment that makes it look like you really don't know how much slack you've been cut by A/A compared to how much they cut each other. Or just slack in general. You can probably ask a few people in Aftermath what would happen if they petitioned about a mob they got the kill on.

You also have a lot of demonetization of hardcore guilds. Do they kill most of the content? Certainly. Is is for the purpose of locking out less competitive guilds? No. Is it really all people gearing out their 4th alts? Not really. There are certainly people who have geared more than one toon but it's taken a lot of work in this environment to get there. Many of the people you see in the end game now were not there or not playing in the past. Like you said, you have former guildes who moved on to more competitive guilds.

I really think it would be better to always talk with each other. I'm really over the whole suspension thing, back when it was an infrequent one cycle thing it felt like reasonable justice to keep people in line. I wasn't even super pleased with it then because I have friends with people in most guilds having been on the server so long. I was pretty disappointed in the length of the AG ban, though I did hope it would be an eye-opener. Now it seems like a kind of police state. Anyway, as a friendly word of caution, you are kind of steering things in a manner that isn't necessarily great for anyone. Can you say CSG will be perfect?
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, "conceding" doesn't work in a 3+ guild environment. A/A can just concede the next 2-4 of whatever when they screw up because the other guild will accept that with 99.9% certainty they will be killing said mob on the next 2-4 cycles. If Awakened concedes Feshlak, what the fuck does that do for CSG? Tell me the odds of CSG killing even one of the next 2-4 Feshlaks that Aftermath know Awakened has conceded.
No, thats right, I thought so.
Sorry Culk but this is where you have to accept some responsibility. If your guild is not capable or lacks the desire to track/mobilize/execute, then that is on you. If a guild concedes, that doesn't mean you get the zone to yourself -- it means that the offending guild does not compete.

This point seems to me to be the part where the communication process breaks down.

Your entire argument revolves around the concept that you should be given freedom to play at your own pace, because you lose any competitive race (which isn't your fault).
Old 03-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some folks just don’t understand that if every single player in A/A deleted there characters and walked away for good that the end game would be exactly the same with 2 new top guilds competing.

It’s how this server works.

A similar example is ‘first past the post’ election rules that create two party systems. Guilds and parties merge just the same.
This may be true but it doesn't give anyone the right to be an asshole.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, one thing I didn't even get into, is doing the math. The end game here has way way more people than it did on live for this point. Think about how many people are in the top guilds and how many Vulak drops there are in a year. Even the people who put in crazy hours aren't seeing crazy loot on multiple characters.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 03-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is true, then why has A/A for a long time rotated most of the mobs? And recently seriously considered rotating even more? Just out of curiosity.
The mobs that are rotated are largely those that are most prone to training and petitions. Rotations have been breaking down for those targets that aren't...ring war, statue, aow for example
Old 03-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

All im getting out of this thread is Culkasi is probably harder to work with than Breaken. That is saying something.

Pray tell , why send a petition in if you dont want the guild to be banned?

You sir , are a Mong!
Old 03-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitho1984 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have the biggest guild on the server.. combine already and step up. Quit playing this meak "we cant compete mentality", its getting old at this point. Play like you have a set of balls, it's sad they call you a leader.
this.

Really tired of the 'big bad wolf' mentality when your raid force is more than capable of competing. Somehow either that mentality has been ingrained upon the staff or they have alts/friends/favorites there.

Bi weekly quakes make windows that much easier to track and manage now. CSG could easily compete if they chose to. Hell, Paradigm Shift is learning shit on their own and doing quite well. We try to give space for that where we can. A good example would be the triples that we left alone last week.

Before you make the tired 'we dont like staring at walls like u a/a nerds' comment, understand that with a raid force your size, you could easily split tracking/fte duties between your people. Then instead of laying on the ground complaining about the raid scene, you could gain some much needed respect from a/a and actually compete!

Healthy competition is good for p99 - something I really wish the staff here would see more clearly.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Look like dog shit to me
feel like dog shit
It smell like dog shit
tastes like dog shit
Hm good thing we don't step in it
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you say CSG will be perfect?
Of course not, but I do know that we have a history of making things right, of (mostly?) staying out of trouble, and most importantly of sharing content. I can't talk to specific Fear situations, but I know I have been in Fear when we have left, and I have been on many a Trakanon we have conceded and left. But no, of course we won't be perfect. We also don't try to kill 40 mobs every cycle.
Closed Thread