Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

30 days to level a character to 60 on Red.
Ready... set... go!

I've met some real jerks on P99. Atmas definitely wasn't one of them. Sorry it went down like this bro.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Banned

wow when i wnt to sleep i requested nerd meltdown, but now there's 22 additional pages.

it'll take most of my workday to read through this during breaks, i'll just make this post for you firegiants to chew on:

The reason why you just got banned for 30 days is because YOU, yes YOU, are responsible for turning the raid scene on this server into a steaming heap of othmir refuse. It doesn't matter that Awakened's scrub wiped an entire guild because he was so bad at the game he couldn't manage to communicate with his guildies before trying to FTE a mob. What really matters is that for the past years, YOUR guild and guilds exactly like it, mostly comprised of the same people, have been hives of degeneracy and toxic behavior. (Toxic behavior like getting a batphone and racing for a mob without bothering to contact your guild to see what's going on - nice one, genius!)

Over the years, many, many things have gone unnoticed by the GMs. But all those sleazy pull strats and culture of fucking over your rival guild to get your Fleshlight Loot first have culminated in this raid scene which Absolutely Deserves to Be Banned.

People are going to freak out and have meltdowns. People will hopefully quit the server (good riddance) or leave the banned guilds. This is all good. It means that the punishments are working because it's going to get rid of the people who cannot deal with the rules, or it's going to force people to create a wholly different raid scene where they aren't at risk for 30 day + suspensions.

Enjoy chewing on your cud (half-digested hotpockets)
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course not, but I do know that we have a history of making things right, of (mostly?) staying out of trouble, and most importantly of sharing content. I can't talk to specific Fear situations, but I know I have been in Fear when we have left, and I have been on many a Trakanon we have conceded and left. But no, of course we won't be perfect. We also don't try to kill 40 mobs every cycle.

...that wasn't CSG trying to claim every target possible during that last 20 day A/A ban?
Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some folks just don’t understand that if every single player in A/A deleted there characters and walked away for good that the end game would be exactly the same with 2 new top guilds competing.

It’s how this server works.

A similar example is ‘first past the post’ election rules that create two party systems. Guilds and parties merge just the same.
Aye, stupidity does seem to be hardwired into us genetically.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

WTF is this? I demand answers. I just finally got awarded disability for me PTSD so I could raid uninterrupted and now we're handing out 30 day bans like it all means nothing??
Old 03-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

If this server is any serious, in time the appeal will be granted and CSG will be suspended for crywolf.

We did crap, we concede saying we did crap. Thats the p99 rules. Thats all that there is to it.

OH, and you ACTUALLY killed Eashen afterall... i mean... how can you even petition something that you killed?! I always thought that this was not a thing at all, RIGHT!?

I remember during the alt-tab jump petition ppl said that Aftermeth couldnt be suspended because the fraps we had about them alt+tab+jump were on mobs they lost the race and we killed it. So they could not be punished because they did not get to kill the mob. I remember even joking about that you can try murder someone as much as you want, as long as you miss all the shots its FINE! lolz.

Anyways, again happy to see Aftermeth really shocked about this whole petition thing even after concede. And be carefull guys... 30 days with CSG on your necks, if they zone in ToV, just shout CONCEDE everything and come back the day after. Better lose 1 cycle of mobs then 30days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Kobold

I bet Culkasi wishes all the other men in the bar would leave so he has unlimited time to play at his pace to pick up the hottest girl there too.

Azure Guard is simply playing on the wrong server.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye1709 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...that wasn't CSG trying to claim every target possible during that last 20 day A/A ban?
Ehm, no? I am pretty sure we made a deal that everyone, at least in the channel where it was discussed with all the guild leaders, was very happy about, and everyone seemed to appreciate those 20 days?
I personally think there was WAY too much raiding going on those 20 days, and I know most Europa and Omni members where sighing with relief when it was over because it was way too much (see how I have many times asked for 1-2 mobs per cycle, not 15?). Ultimately this double ban showed that there was some differences in how the different guilds in CSG would like to approach these situations going forward, and as such the constallation of CSG now is not quite the same as it was 6 weeks ago.
I am sure in a potential new deal, mobs would be split differently, now that more guilds have had a chance to try the various content, know what they can and can't do, and want to attempt other things than what they wanted to try in the last cycle. Thats how it works really, when casual people sit down and talk about how to share the content.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet Culkasi wishes all the other men in the bar would leave so he has unlimited time to play at his pace to pick up the hottest girl there too
ROFL. best post.

Quote:
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt make much sense to me, i thought they died to eashen. (wasnt online during this time)
I was not there either. But people told me they wipe, recover, uncontested and killed Eashen next pull. So yeah, watchout... even if you concede and that person still kills the target you can still be punished because "you made em waste time". rofl.

Quote:
Closed Thread