Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Default I would like to point out for those who live under a rock.

Pathing/wall detection/los detection on blue is fucked up beyond reasonable expectations.

But hey guys red99 is having gm events and has an xp bonus!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

is because they just patched it. it will probably be working again in a day or so
Old 04-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Thanks for the Red Server promotion, I approve.

The Development work that was recently done on Red didn't affect the Development work that gets done on Blue. And prior to this change, Red hadn't seen any kind of significant development in over a year. It was all being focused on blue and Velious.

In addition to that, GM's and Dev's are two completely different departments. One is CSR, the other is coding and content. While the CSR staff may sometimes contribute to development, it's rare, and the Dev team never does CSR at all.

But hey, thanks for the thinly veiled insult to the Development team that has been volunteering thousands of hours a year over the last 5 years to bring you a free recreation of classic Everquest for you to enjoy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I'm sure they are happy to hear that you appreciate their hard work. Sometimes we put in 12+ hours a day doing CSR, or coding/content for the devs, so it's refreshing to hear that people really care about what we're doing.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Oh, and we're aware of the problem. I believe Haynar sent through a fix in the patch the other day, but maybe it didn't clear up the problem. If it didn't, you should post that in the bug forum after doing a search to find out if its already been reported/is still being reported.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuma7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pathing/wall detection/los detection on blue is fucked up beyond reasonable expectations.

But hey guys red99 is having gm events and has an xp bonus!
Have you considered deleting and uninstalling?

Because you should.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And prior to this change, Red hadn't seen any kind of significant development in over a year. It was all being focused on blue and Velious
op is an idiot, but this is disingenuous

most if not all of the dev work (other than new raid system) gets shared between both servers
Old 04-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

This argument has gone on since the beginning of time lol.

Bluebies: But if you make any changes to PvP, doesn't that mean that we, the true EQ players, are given less dev attention?! This is an outrage!

Red players: We just wanted some minor tweaks. The devs do nothing but ignore us, why is it such a big deal when we get our 1 PvP patch a year?

Devs: Oh god I want to burn it all down, please kill me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Retired GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
op is an idiot, but this is disingenuous

most if not all of the dev work (other than new raid system) gets shared between both servers
Right, I was referring to specific red development that would potentially effect development time on Blue.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, I was referring to specific red development that would potentially effect development time on Blue.
do you think alectas stuff in the last 6 months is insignificant?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Kobold

I'm with OP. This is total bullshit and I'm taking my imaginary subscription fee to another 15 year old emulated MMO.
Closed Thread