Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

True and just like real life most people don't realize how heavily the deck is stacked in the house's favor.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow how did I miss this thread. There are so, so many items on this list.
But to summarize...

If the item you're camping to sell is worth 1000 plat and it takes you longer then 1 hour to obtain. It's not worth it. So if an item worth say 6k takes you longer than 6 hours,.. It's not worth it.
A popular example.. Jboots MQ ~6k,. if it takes you longer than 6 hours. You're wasting your time.

You can farm 1k+ plat per hour, outside of raids at several locations. And that's where I set the bar. The number of places you can farm between 300-600 plat per hour is common.
Im only level 48 but I hope to learn about these spots oneday. Im earning about 25p per hour exping in the Dreadlands currently. Of course I know about the much discussed and recently nerfed Seafuty Cyclops.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziffiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im only level 48 but I hope to learn about these spots oneday. Im earning about 25p per hour exping in the Dreadlands currently. Of course I know about the much discussed and recently nerfed Seafuty Cyclops.
You're perfectly within range to start tasting some of these camps/ spots. Don't sweat it Classic EQ is about the journey not the sprint. It took me a while to catalog the camps I know now-a-days.. Though don't except people to feed you info.
If you're in a guild,. enjoy grouping with the people who learned later than sooner about these meta camps.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

What class are you Ziffiz? Geonids are pretty good, even my level 40 mage was making good plat from the ones in Crystal Caverns, I don't think 1k an hour but in a few levels there and maybe 10-12 hours I made 7k on him I think which isn't bad at all for a level 40. I think the ones in Wakening Lands are even better and there are more of them. Solo ench in NG probably makes 2k an hour in gems? Tons of good spots outside of sea furies for strictly plat / gem farm.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

Cost per hour at minimum of 2k?

Pyzjin without a doubt.

First of all you gotta figure out how the fuck to spawn her if it's your first time. That means spending time reading the wiki 1000 times during the in-game day, and running around like a chicken with your head cut off during in-game night. Now it wouldn't be so bad if you just stood in one spot killing the same mobs over and over but that's not the case, oh no sir. Then when pyzjin doesn't spawn at night and its in-game daytime again, you go over the wiki/pyzjin spawn technique pages again re-reading over and over trying to figure out what you did wrong. Cut back into in-game night time, youre running around like a chicken with it's head cut off yet again, just kill everything who cares.

Then when she finally spawns she doesn't have jack shit. Because this game is loads of fuckery and so is that spawn. I had more fun killing brewers in blackburrow for 2 hours trying to get a rare item just to turn it in for a +2 mana earring or whatever the fuck it was.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

My advice- don't do anything in this game that isn't fun. Treating eq like some kind of part time (FT?) job is the road to perdition for many a folk.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Driftwood_Treasure_Chest

I spent a bunch of levels in the patriarch and frenzy room, and never saw that thing drop. Saw ferocious spawn about 10 times, never had the damn chest

I wasn't specifically camping it, but it's very rare. I did see one drop on live, though!
I camped this thing for a solid week 4-6 hours per session in kunark. It never dropped. Course you can run around and clear other PH's, so you are still making plat. After a while i didnt even want the god damn thing because it actually sucks, its weight is 10 stones.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Kobold

Baler, re: gambling and Everquest

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/skinner.html

Interesting little undergrad-esque blurb about addictive traits/mechanisms common to MMORPGs and gambling both. He's a little stuck on the manipulative aspect of design, and does not acknowledge that people can greatly enjoy these mechanisms without overindulging to the point of real life harm, but still neat.

I love Everquest and am not overly concerned by the overlap of gameification and addiction...but maybe that's cause I'm already addicted to gaming in general and would not stop if Everquest were not available ;p
Old 07-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Banned

slime crystal staff

xorbb is like pained soul, except 1/4 droprate, and the item is worthless
Old 07-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why pyzjin is here. Shits easy and not time consuming at all.

Keep a tracker in the hills. Night comes. Log in, track. Pyzjin up, kill. Pyzjin not up, go back to your other char and continue playing.

Only fuckin weirdos sit there trying to spawn her all night.

Now a Solist's icy wand? Yea good luck with that. I've only ever seen 2 drop in the entire 18 years I've been involved in EQ.
keyword in the thread title, camping. Not just logging on periodically to track. Two completely different things.
Closed Thread