Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe because lol "anonymous sources" aren't always true on these here elf sim forums
his lane is bda_truth

looks legit to me

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

name*

I hate you rnf no edit

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why you assholes didn't just get rid of Chest and reform. If he was the biggest reason for inhibiting your progress, it sounds like a no-brainer to me. It was done with a guild I was in a long time ago and that guild is still alive from my knowledge. It's probably easier to just bitch and complain without actually doing anything meaningful about it.
Would it have mattered though? If the true critical problem is there was no quality recruits coming in, leadership kinda stops mattering once you're below critical mass.

The thing is what does BDA or any mid tier guild offer to someone who wants to raid? Nothing over the top guilds thats for sure. And its not exactly hard to get in those guilds.

If BDA wanted to maintain itself past the casual expansions it needed to go hardcore and recruit hard, and it needed to demonstrate it had everything on farm. But that is not what BDA has been for a very long time.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Banned

When this gets to 999 pages, a mod should close it.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If BDA wanted to maintain itself past the casual expansions it needed to go hardcore and recruit hard, and it needed to demonstrate it had everything on farm. But that is not what BDA has been for a very long time.
BDA offered long-standing political leverage with the leadership. The trick is to drink the kool-aid and convince yourself that you like the circle of officers at the very top. You hang out with them in vent as they talk about football and magic the gathering and suddenly the vacuous hole in your social life is filled with a bunch of chair-bound nerds breathing into mics as their greasy fingers tap push to talk so they can say things about drugs and the latest sport.

It's not about being good at your hobby (video games). It's not about winning. You have to pretend not to care so much that you're unwilling to try, even though you still get mad when a more skilled video hobbyist cucks you. It's about the "family" and being a part of "the BDA team."

"It's OK to be bad if we're all bad together, because then we have friends and those people who are better at us and spend the same amount of effort obviously must not have friends or social capacity" - the BDA party line that sustained it for 4 years.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA offered long-standing political leverage with the leadership. The trick is to drink the kool-aid and convince yourself that you like the circle of officers at the very top. You hang out with them in vent as they talk about football and magic the gathering and suddenly the vacuous hole in your social life is filled with a bunch of chair-bound nerds breathing into mics as their greasy fingers tap push to talk so they can say things about drugs and the latest sport.

It's not about being good at your hobby (video games). It's not about winning. You have to pretend not to care so much that you're unwilling to try, even though you still get mad when a more skilled video hobbyist cucks you. It's about the "family" and being a part of "the BDA team."

"It's OK to be bad if we're all bad together, because then we have friends and those people who are better at us and spend the same amount of effort obviously must not have friends or social capacity" - the BDA party line that sustained it for 4 years.
drugs?
Old 10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

BDA_truth
Old 10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't event knowwhats happening in this thread. Less talk about Chest and more talk about Epic 1.5/2.0 adventures, CoA aug runs with 1-2 groups and splitting Anguish.

Split Jelvan and OMM recently with about 30 toons in each split. Was some good fun! Fortunately instances allow us to split our raid force up and never have anyone sit out, plus it increases pixel intake and most importantly provides a challenge that isn't really present with a full raid after the big DPS upgrades from classic OoW til now in the EQ Code.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

You should probably be paying attention to what’s going on in this thread. It sounds like there’s a good recruiting opportunity for you.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA_truth
lame. come back when u on drugs, ok? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread