Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Unique donation to support project1999's development for Luclin/PoP releases
I do not wish to donate, I am contempt with current content. 128 39.14%
0 to 25 $ 57 17.43%
50 to 100 $ 63 19.27%
100 to 500 $ 29 8.87%
500 to 1000 $ 5 1.53%
1000 to 5000 $ 1 0.31%
5000 to 10000 $ 0 0%
10000 $ to 15000 $ 3 0.92%
15000 $ + 41 12.54%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Aviak

Like some others, I would pay to keep Luclin/PoP off of P99.

Things I didn't like about Luclin: The Furries and all of the incredibly poor lore associated with cats on the moon. The way that the teleportation spires made the game world so incredibly small. The way that PC basically made all the other zones obsolete with a huge exp bonus and the ability to level most of the way up in one zone, and the start of the 'one-path' system that we see on live today, where 99% of the zones are empty and useless. The Bazaar that removed any shred of social interaction that was left in the game.

What I liked about Luclin: Nothing. It was a nightmare of an expansion. Well, maybe mounts...

What I didn't like about PoP: PoK, and all the books, which made the game world even smaller yet, and almost non-existant.

What I liked about PoP: Alternate Advancement system, to some extent.

I already played the EQ where Luclin and all of it's successor's ruined the game, so I have no real desire to relive that. I am however excited to see what sort of custom content they could add to the game, when it is 'finished'.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Banned

sorry prismatic but the bologna cops are in town and they say "35 people will not donate 15k those are just stay-at-home-sons with undergrad degrees and no gf"
Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

i just wanna play classic-velious, hope that's ok with everyone
Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Aviak

This is called Project 1999 for a reason. It was designed for those who feel that everything after Velious transformed EQ into a different game. Go play a live TLP or something else if you aren't happy with the classic EQ experience that this server is providing.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

There's a very real kind of irony with the people that love the original EverQuest trilogy and love to talk about what's classic and what's not and what makes this game what and what doesn't

And at the end of the day they're all self-serving motherfuckers so it's like...k.

Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptions.

The outside kind are not the kind that are good.

It's like "I am part of the guild/poop sockers that ruin the high end (the only possible goal for anyone ever because that's literally the point) for everyone else, but godamn if I'm ever going to let the game change or evolve enough where I lose my firm grip on this thing that I don't actually control"

It's like a weird sort of substitute for actually having a life they enjoy. Which is relatable

Godamn these young doctors, is what I'm saying.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

And to be fairererer, we're all self serving motherfuckers.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like "I am part of the guild/poop sockers that ruin the high end (the only possible goal for anyone ever because that's literally the point) for everyone else, but godamn if I'm ever going to let the game change or evolve enough where I lose my firm grip on this thing that I don't actually control"
You seem to have a distorted view of who controls the server. The lack of Luclin (or anything else about this server) has nothing to do with who the current top dog guild is, and everything to do with what the people running the server want ...

... and they don't want Luclin.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Agnarr is really all you need. Its true there is some unclassic stuff there....very little of it impacts PoP or Luclin.

This server is a museum to classic. If they just got rid of the hardcore raid scene, that would be the best thing for p99. But it wont happen.

The server staff never really understood that what they had was a casual server held hostage by a tiny group of fanatics.

At least I had the excuse that TLP basically sucked until Phinny (too many mage bot armies and unclassic shit). I really don't understand why you would want to put a bunch of effort into raiding this server anymore -- even from a fan of classic EQ that spent a ton of time on p99.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptions
I think that you may be missing the point. People don't want Luclin+ because they are interested in disrupting things--they don't want it because it is where the game started to go downhill quickly. There are people like you describe, but guess what? There will always be those people, and they would exist if the server continued on to PoP, and they would exist on a fresh version of the current server.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
There's a very real kind of irony with the people that love the original EverQuest trilogy and love to talk about what's classic and what's not and what makes this game what and what doesn't

And at the end of the day they're all self-serving motherfuckers so it's like...k.

Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptions.

The outside kind are not the kind that are good.

It's like a weird sort of substitute for actually having a life they enjoy. Which is relatable

Godamn these young doctors, is what I'm saying.
If only there was a rational third party that could step and say "lol, no I'm not going to let 10 hardcore guys make it impossible for most the server to ever see a Dragon."

I just wonder why a guy that has nothing to gain from hardcore guilds and doesn't play the game takes a look at the train fest that is NToV and the racing etc..and thinks to themselves "yea that looks classic to me -- this is what I was going for."

I never really been able to figure that out without tin foil hatting myself.
Closed Thread