Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 AM
Kobold

Default Question regarding faction

So I love Paineel guard killing, I think it might be an addiction I have, like on one of those tv shows that people watch... my strange addiction. I love having my monk in there killing the guards having a home away from home for my iksar.

The thing is I want to start leveling my Iksar Necro and there is no way that I can do his faction like I did my monk's (killing Erudin guards till I was loved in Paineel).

I assume that you can get good Paineel faction from killing in the Warrens, but...

1) How long do you think that it would take (hours wise), if I took my 14 ikky necro in there and killed trash?

2) Is it possible to gain faction in Paineel without losing faction in Erudin?

I never tried these in live and I've been out of p1999 for a few years, any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Mythrelle- 54 Erudite Wizard (Blue)
Smakem - 52 Iskar Monk (Blue)
Fedwyn - 40 Halfling Druid (Green)
Vorin - 23 Iksar Necromancer (Green)
Nynaeve - 22 High Elf Cleric (Green)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Iirc, I think killing kobolds gives you +faction for both places.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iirc, I think killing kobolds gives you +faction for both places.
That would be awesome.

Mythrelle- 54 Erudite Wizard (Blue)
Smakem - 52 Iskar Monk (Blue)
Fedwyn - 40 Halfling Druid (Green)
Vorin - 23 Iksar Necromancer (Green)
Nynaeve - 22 High Elf Cleric (Green)
Old 07-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

The faction hit from killing in warrens is REALLY small, like +1. It gets depressing. Even though I could round the whole place up and kill it all, after like a week I had only gone up 1 /con level and I quit.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, killing in warrens gives +Paineel and +Erudin guards (not the guild factions). It's only +1 per kill so it'll take you a few days of straight mass murder.

You'll have to kill more than a thousand to be able to get the key into the city from the guards. If you're near maxKoS from various activities you'll have to kill more than two thousand.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

One important note: once you get high enough Erudin faction that you can turn in the molars, don't. They're terrible XP (nothing like gnoll fangs), and they hurt your Paineel faction.

Also it took my wood elf ranger less than 10 hours in the Warrens to not be KOS to Paineel guards (even with a few molar turn-ins), but to get the key it would definitely take a lot longer (as Sorn noted).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The faction hit from killing in warrens is REALLY small, like +1. It gets depressing. Even though I could round the whole place up and kill it all, after like a week I had only gone up 1 /con level and I quit.
Sounds highly exaggerated to kill every mob in zone in some kind of PBAoE for a week straight and only gain a single faction level. I believe I leveled my mage there from 10-15 before I got enough faction. Killed some lowbies on my way to some camps for no exp, but wasn't so bad.

Some named may possibly have bigger hits, never tested that but killed them on my monk for good measure. Could have sworn it didn't take me more than a day to get faction.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you spend 4-6 hours of gathering every kobold up that you can and AE them dead you should reach the faction you need for Paineel.

***It's easier and faster than the old (pre-nerf) giant faction grind in WL imo for comparison.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

4-6 hours over a few days. And that's half the zone a pull.

After all the PLing and self faction I've done I'm still not even close to indif.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4-6 hours over a few days. And that's half the zone a pull.

After all the PLing and self faction I've done I'm still not even close to indif.
Hmm. This must have been altered or something, I recall doing faction in Warrens and it only took a good day of some serious solid grinding there.

I didn't think it was that bad at all.
Closed Thread