Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.hijiri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1- screw faction work, huge waste of time outside of quests you want to do as a shaman.

2- bind at the docks in Oasis.

3- Levi/scale of the wolf buff & run south to the fire pot room after taking raft to TD zone in. Invis depending on city of choice.

Been doing this pretty much since server start, you can be in any zone from classic-kunark in about 10 mins, the city's in 5 mins give or take. Your bound within striking distance of EC, 3 best pre 45 dungeons (guk, sol A & B)
Some people enjoy doing faction just for the sake of a challenge and something to work on in the game. Maybe a waste of time to you, but not everyone feels that way.

Good tips though.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

I was wondering about doing the opposite : start say a human monk in FP , move to Kunark and work faction to be able to roam safely in Cabilis.
What would be the needed faction there ?
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering about doing the opposite : start say a human monk in FP , move to Kunark and work faction to be able to roam safely in Cabilis.
What would be the needed faction there ?
Kill 1000 forsaken iksar to raise warrior and necro faction, then turn in thousands of bone chips to trooper mozo to raise the rest. Beware of the crusaders, as they are on several different factions and will attack you as you turn in chips. It's better to have FD and sneak if you try this.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill 1000 forsaken iksar to raise warrior and necro faction, then turn in thousands of bone chips to trooper mozo to raise the rest. Beware of the crusaders, as they are on several different factions and will attack you as you turn in chips. It's better to have FD and sneak if you try this.
Iksar bandits are good too - necro and war faction. Plus there are caves full of em in FoB and WW.

-Mcoy
Old 07-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did this with a troll back in the original Kunark days on live.I did all my leveling in LOIO and soaked up all that + Cab faction then turn in bone chips at Cab entrance in FOB. And it is correct once you are ok with the guards at Cab entrance in FOB you have to keep going with the bone chips to be ok with SK and Necro guilds. There is a wandering SK that paths where the guards are so you can time your bone chips turn ins to when he walks away.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

The bone chips don't raise the Necro faction; but they do raise the other three factions. If you're high enough level (I was 60) I was able to stand at the max trade distance in the corner on top of the firepot in FoB and do the turn in while glares (not scowls) to crusaders and I was just far enough away that he wouldn't agro. I experimented with it a bit since I was bound around the corner and could rez myself when I inevitably got slaughtered.

Honestly, I'd recommend upping your Guard faction vs Bandits. That way you get Necro faction too. I had leveled up in LOIO, so I was already halfway there with the guards - but then after getting all the others (via chips) I still had to go and kill something like 2500 bandits to be good with the necros. Didn't want to take that wrong turn running in to Cab and run into that nasty Necro...

I'm don't have access to my logs at the moment, but I detailed my findings in this thread a while back:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=270954

-Mcoy
Old 07-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people enjoy doing faction just for the sake of a challenge and something to work on in the game. Maybe a waste of time to you, but not everyone feels that way.

Good tips though.
I did enjoy doing faction work as well and in fact did the GreenMist on my troll shadowknight on live back in the day along with the crown for the high elf illusion out of Guk. But in retrospect the developers put in easier workarounds then hours and hours of endless, no xp faction work. I just recommend now to just enjoy the game and not worry so much about faction for little gain.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Little gain? I guess it depends on class; I really like having another bank/vendor on Kunark, and the shortcut across the continent is very useful. Plus it makes the newb leezards nervous...
Old 07-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The red wine quest in Neriak will get you to non-KOS faction with the guards, vendors, and banker in Neriak (except for third gate) - fairly convenient to EC. You'll need invis (2 or 3 times), maybe 100p, and an hour or two.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Does the red wine quest turn-in NPC start out as KoS? If so, what's the best way to get around that to do the turn-in? Wolf or skeleton illusion? Or is there another way?
Closed Thread