Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Kobold

how can u loot 2 fungi's on anti bullying day
Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Kobold

I wonder if the other person that won one rolled again as well?

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 04-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if the other person that won one rolled again as well?
He did. After he won the first one, he said he'd pass on the next, though he ended up rolling on the next one...dunno what his intentions were. He had 2 guildies in the group so I imagine he wanted to give one to them if he won.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

This is why people duo king. So whinny bitches that cry about 1 loot drop can go xp in some shitty camp.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe they thought you were being funny rolling again the second time.

Generally it is assumed that it is one item per person. Anything else is greedy IMO.

You certainly wont be invited back to a group by those people.

Asher
That is an assumption you made.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is an assumption you made.
Also one that I believe is a safe assumption.

If some douche bag in the group thinks he is entitled to two loots before another member gets one he has issues.

Asher
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

To the folks that think it's wrong to go in on both Fungis - My thought is how far does this principle go?

We all understand that you think it's unfair for 1 person to win both. Take this situation for example, you're headed down to an existing King group to replace such-and-such group member. The pre-existing group has been there for 5 hours without a single Fungi. You arrive, get buffed, pull frogs and shrooms and pop the King. He drops a Fungi, and you've been there a whopping 20 minutes.

You cannot tell me that:
1.) You wouldn't roll on it even though the 5 other members have busted balls for 5 hours
2.) You think its FAIR for you to roll.

It basically comes down to the same principle that the devs introduced Veeshan's Peek with. "Go about your business because we don't give a fuck in this zone."

You cannot regulate things with as many factors and uncertainty as Fungi drops/Raid guilds going at each other.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the folks that think it's wrong to go in on both Fungis - My thought is how far does this principle go?

We all understand that you think it's unfair for 1 person to win both. Take this situation for example, you're headed down to an existing King group to replace such-and-such group member. The pre-existing group has been there for 5 hours without a single Fungi. You arrive, get buffed, pull frogs and shrooms and pop the King. He drops a Fungi, and you've been there a whopping 20 minutes.

You cannot tell me that:
1.) You wouldn't roll on it even though the 5 other members have busted balls for 5 hours
2.) You think its FAIR for you to roll.

It basically comes down to the same principle that the devs introduced Veeshan's Peek with. "Go about your business because we don't give a fuck in this zone."

You cannot regulate things with as many factors and uncertainty as Fungi drops/Raid guilds going at each other.
While I understand your argument I would not call the person greedy that just joined. It is possible without that person the group couldn't have went on or else I am sure they wouldn't have invited him in the first place. He is there, he didn't already win something, no reason he shouldn't be able roll IMO. Another reason I prefer rolling at the end. Make him stick it out the entire camp and then roll when group is over.

Everyone has their own opinion of loot rules. Generally, if you come off greedy to people you will not get invited back. Loot rules should be explained when the group is formed but sometimes even explaining loot comes off as loot whorish.

To each his own.

Asher
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

ITT: Greedy cockguffing faggots
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot rules should be explained when the group is formed but sometimes even explaining loot comes off as loot whorish.
If someone interprets a discussion of how loot is handled in a group as "loot whorish", that person needs to chill. A two-minute discussion up front saves a lot of headache once something actually drops and six different people have six different ideas of what is fair/assumed loot distribution.

Otherwise, the only safe assumption to make is everyone rolls on everything that drops as it drops.
Closed Thread