Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Default Maximized 6-person group composition featuring a ranger or a wizard

How would you do it with each? With some kind of synergy, too. This isn't "what's the best 5-man group and then a wizard/ranger."

Bonus: Best party build without a healer? Best party build without a tank (war, sk, pal, mnk, rng)?
Last edited by sox7d; 02-04-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

I would go wiz, bard, wiz, enc, cleric, war for the first.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 02-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, Rogue, Ranger
Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, Bard, Wizard

The Ranger isn't really a problem, since they will do decent dps with the same support as the rogue (haste). The Wizard however needs both a bard and an Enchanter to sustain even OK dps.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, Rogue, Ranger
Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, Bard, Wizard

The Ranger isn't really a problem, since they will do decent dps with the same support as the rogue (haste). The Wizard however needs both a bard and an Enchanter to sustain even OK dps.
Accurate imo.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

The two for one: cleric, shaman, enchanter, enchanter, wizard, ranger. A bit hard up for pulling if you are indoors, but at least you have 2+ heals, 3 slows, 2 CC, 6 rooters, 4+ stuns. Lol.

I guess putting a bard or monk in for one of the enchanters would be more realistic cause you would have legit pulls then, just not as much enchantering!

Seems silly to put a "real" tank in a full group with a ranger. No, the ranger isn't as tough. But if you've got cleric and shaman buffs, and CH + torpor, he isn't going to go down, and he can keep aggro just fine. Guess it might be different in Velious. I never did big things on live during that period so I don't know how difficult keeping a ranger up is.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-03-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you do it with each?

Bonus: Best party build without a healer? Best party build without a tank (war, sk, pal, mnk, rng)?
Ranger: Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, Monk
Ranger gets put on ensnare/root CC while dps and can patch heal between fights if needed. Monk&ranger do pulls and DPS. Rest is obvious.

Wizard:
SK or Pal, Bard, Enchanter, Rogue, Cleric.
One of the rogues pulls, Wizards job is to help fast-burn mobs when an overpull happens because it's more difficult without a monk puller. Lots of mana regen between the bard&enchanter to mitigate the fact that wizards are not group friendly

No tank:
Druid, Enchanter, 4x Rogue. Fear kite for the 3 seconds the mob survives.

No healer:
Monk x3, rogue x2, enchanter. Let the monks rotate taking damage so they can keep mended up. Rogues just obliterate mobs to reduce damage taken. Enchanter haste + pet helps. Runes too to mitigate damage.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 02-03-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The two for one: cleric, shaman, enchanter, enchanter, wizard, ranger. A bit hard up for pulling if you are indoors, but at least you have 2+ heals, 3 slows, 2 CC, 6 rooters, 4+ stuns. Lol.

I guess putting a bard or monk in for one of the enchanters would be more realistic cause you would have legit pulls then, just not as much enchantering!

Seems silly to put a "real" tank in a full group with a ranger. No, the ranger isn't as tough. But if you've got cleric and shaman buffs, and CH + torpor, he isn't going to go down, and he can keep aggro just fine. Guess it might be different in Velious. I never did big things on live during that period so I don't know how difficult keeping a ranger up is.
This

Get those warriors / knights out of there
Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Modern MMOs suck because threads like this can't even exist.

Wow guy trying to build a perfect group: "Well I guess I'd probably take a tank, and a healer, and a few DPS. If I were feeling fancy I might ask the tank to have a DPS offspec incase we do any boss fights with random aggro mechanics!"

When was the last MMO that had serious interplay between classes, instead of between roles? City of Heroes? I guess classes and roles were kind of the same thing in CoH, but at least you had debuff, buff, and CC as roles instead of just tank, dps, and heal. Rift seems like it should but the fact that basically everyone has 6+ different specs to switch to every time you drop combat for 1.5 seconds makes it feel kinda shallow anyway.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-03-2014 at 03:25 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Rangers can be the tank in most groups as long as they are geared well, mine can tank any camp in Sebilis as long as the mobs are slowed. So replacing a tank slot with a ranger allows more utility. Good game flame lick.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

2 paladins, 2 shadowknights 1 ranger 1 bard : old shool beatdown
Closed Thread