Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I have played both a Necro and Monk into the 20's and it seemed like my Monk leveled faster. Now that I am in my low 30's, it actually feels like I am leveling faster than my teens. Zero downtime is nice, unless you considering binding wound downtime. Feign death is nice because you can try new things and if it doesn't work out, just feign death.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobejubaloftorv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
surprised it took to the middle of the second page for someone to say druid, which is a ridiculously good solo class
Druid is a good solo class, but Necro is better (assuming getting around is not a big issue). Druids were even better on Live in some periods. On the classic (and correctly so) version of emulated code on P99, three "nerfs" make Druids far less powerful than they can be:

1) Most dot stacking not allowed.
2) Forward-moving mobs take 2/3 dot damage.
3) Root overwrites snare, instead of existing simultaneously.

Of the three items above, I believe only nerf "number 3" will see an eventual reversal on this server (that's if I remember right - I researched it some time ago). Nevertheless, the Druid is still a great solo class, particularly from 53 on. Heh.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Based on my experience from the old EQ days (Warrior and Cleric to 65, Druid to mid 40s, Wizard, Necro, Bard and Shaman to 30s-40s), you can solo very effectively with a Necro, Bard, Druid or Shaman. Positives and negatives:

1) If you have the room to kite, you can solo almost anything. You basically have a "Selo evac" if you get in trouble (can outrun almost everything in the Kunark and Velious world). The downside is you are not an effective soloer in dungeons and cramped areas.

2) Druid. Can travel easy to "solo spots" and can evac when in trouble. Nice dots, decent nukes and of course snare and root.

3) High end Shamans can solo anywhere IMHO. Insane damage dots, ability to heal yourself, slow, etc.

I hear well equipped monks can solo all the way to 60. That's pretty impressive for a pure melee class.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

When you say DoT stacking is not allowed, what exactly does this mean for the druid? Epic clicky? magic based dot? fire based dot? do these not stack?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Kobold

It means that if two druids cast stinging swarm on the same mob, then only one of them will work. This was a big problem for druids/shammys/necros on classic raids, because having a 3rd or 4th necro on a raid didn't really bring much to the table. This was fixed in either SoL or PoP on live.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It means that if two druids cast stinging swarm on the same mob, then only one of them will work. This was a big problem for druids/shammys/necros on classic raids, because having a 3rd or 4th necro on a raid didn't really bring much to the table. This was fixed in either SoL or PoP on live.
In other words it doesn't mean anything while soloing?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Enchanters are amazing at soloing, plus they can do so much more. If you ever want to not be bored, I highly suggest one. If you dont feel like soloing, you're always welcome in a group. If you want to help people level, you can do that. Basically free to do whatever, and so very necessary.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words it doesn't mean anything while soloing?
Correct
Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you say DoT stacking is not allowed, what exactly does this mean for the druid? Epic clicky? magic based dot? fire based dot? do these not stack?
"More dots! More dots!" doesn't work here :P
Old 01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

necro.
Closed Thread