Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Aviak

No, it made it made it to easy ,I'm so glad it isn't here.
I notice you are coming to play with a partner, an ip exemption doesn't mean you can use both accounts by yourself at anytime.
That would be two-boxing and result in a perma-ban.
I decided to mention it because you sound pretty new in general to Project1999 as a whole and might not take it too seriously.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i'm about 50/50 on my seriousness level, while i dont take it serious because its been a hinderence to me and my 2 friends who would like to play together, but i do understand its a rule and i agree with said ruling..and so we 3 shall wait untill all is resolved.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Aviak

I used to two box, then I took an arrow to the knee.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I won't 2 box on the server as I respect the mission and the rules.

I two-boxed a warrior and cleric (both reached lvl 65- quit after playing the Luclin release for awhile). I had two computers, and it was pretty easy. I simply hot key the heals and buffs for my cleric. I even led raids with my MT, and had my cleric in the heal rotation lol (with no Vent). I enjoyed the challenge more than the perceived benefits. Groups would be amazed at my tanking and healing exploits. If I ever felt I couldn't keep up in a group, I'd simply be up-front and say they should get another cleric.

Farrakhan - Bard of 6 Seasons
Old 01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisonPVPWinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confirmed ****** irl
HarrisonPVPWins must be a tough guy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Large Rat

So I am guessing we are not allowed to 2 box lol
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I am guessing we are not allowed to 2 box lol
You'd be guessing right. 2-box earns a permanent ban...and they are very good at catching people that do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+++ Would sticky again
Thanks again for server GMs and server guides. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Large Bat

I just have a hard time fully supporting this rule. While I have not broken it... I am older now with a career and a family and I dont have to time to jump into groups and level constantly... It'd be nice for people to have to ability to dual box.. I remember my brother and I both had dual accounts and boxed in classic and kunark days. While I respect the rules, I do not have to agree with them. Thanks to our administrators who keep the server up and running and for all their hard work. I also understand their wanton needs to keep the game as real / close to as it was originally but due to the low population (and dont tell me 500 people isn't low), its difficult to say the least to experience anything CLOSE to what EQ was really like.

Cheers.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Kobold

Dekrastius, I appreciate your argument. Let me give you a differing view. My first character on live was a warrior. It can be quite frustrating to be LFG as an untwinked, poorly geared warrior. One of the core ways to start a group was to find a cleric who was LFG.

I remember finding a warrior cleric duo who were xping. I asked them if I could join. The cleric didn't say anything, and the warrior said he was fine, thanks. I realized that this was a single individual who was boxing.

By boxing, this person effectively removed himself from the pool of available group mates. If he had been a cleric unable to box, then that would have been someone I could have grouped with.

On live, this problem was somewhat mitigated by the fact that it was expensive to box. You had to pay 2x the subscription fee, so not everyone did it. But on an emu, accounts are free. I checked in some of the other emu servers, and I could *never* find a group. Why? Because everyone was boxing! Boxing completely destroys the grouping aspect of EQ when it is done on a large scale.

So I would make the argument that it's especially important to keep boxing banned. And this is honestly the only reason I started playing on this server in the first place. I never would have made a character on a server where boxing was allowed, because I'm interested in playing EQ *with* other people, not being surrounded by boxers.
Closed Thread