Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Default Enc Pets

Few quick questions about Enchater animations

1) Can you augment their dmg output by giving them certain weapons?

2) I cant seem to get my pets attacks to come up on my chat. what is it under the filters? there isnt a "pet hits" and "pet misses" option (why the ef not seriously sony)

Asher
Old 02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

One more thing:

3) What is the max level a pet can be? for instance a spell lvl 8 animation's max level?

Asher
Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Pet_Guide
Old 02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

thnx good link, didnt give me answers to 1 or 2 though. anyone else?

Asher
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

I can tell you that I've never been able to increase my pet's max hit with fine steel weapons or STR buffs both with my chanter and shaman.

you can direct your pet output to a window by right clicking the window and going to Filters-->Melee(?)--->Pet Messages and enabling them.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2) I cant seem to get my pets attacks to come up on my chat. what is it under the filters? there isnt a "pet hits" and "pet misses" option (why the ef not seriously sony)
1) afaik on this server, pet damage is fixed. you can give proc weapons which will function for the proc though (lariats for stun for example). you could boost dmg by giving them an ice crystal staff or something like that (unless they can dual wield in which case giving them a 2h wepaon might be bad)

2) you might be out of range. try standing a little closer to the fight. you should at least see a few hits when you are getting your pet engaged, but you could then run out of range of the hit messaging. I'm not sure how far away this is but i noticed it happens when i was playing a mage
Old 02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) The Animations' damage output is capped, giving it weapons won't do anything for the damage cap, maybe proc weapons. I never tried it here. I haven't used animation pets for a very long time. If you want to test this, use a dagger of dropping from Paw or a whip off a tentacle terror in Najena, both are common drops.

2) There is also an option for this in the in-game options menu.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

what about giving my enchater pet two 1h weapons? when i do this it replaces the sheild and sword with the weapons i gave it. does that force it to dual wield?

Asher
Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Well i've just done a little test.

give my enc pet a 1hb and a 1hs, and watched to see whether or not he bashes (1hb in secondary) and he did not. So no, enchanter pets can not dual wield even though they may have a weapon in each hand.

(pissed off i just wasted a cracked staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Asher
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

If enc pets follow the same rules as necro and mage pets, they can hold an offhand, (but wont actually dualwield) at I think 16(?), and can DW only if given weapons at 24.

After alot of grouping with my enc friend, his animation will never innately Dual Wield, but will drop the shield if given a 1h weapon and then can Dual Wield. (as opposed to nec/mag/shm pets that must be given 2)
Closed Thread