Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a thread like this every week or so. I replied in one about a month ago. Here's the link.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ht=blackburrow

I did the math so if you want to use it as proof that the experience per fang turn in is not classic feel free to use this as a start. You need to figure out how to prove it was less than that in classic.

"I have calculated that each fang turn in is around 19,000-20,000 experience.

See the leveling chart at:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Experien...ement_by_Level

For a 22 Ranger it took exactly 100 fangs to go from 22 to 23 (1,387,000 x 1.4 = 1,941,800 experience needed to level – divided by 100 equates to the 19-20k per fang estimate).

When not many people are in the zone, it takes maybe 2-3 hours to do that. The higher your level the faster you kill so you really don’t slow down leveling unless there is a lot of competition.

For that same level 22 Ranger soloing level 20 mobs in an outdoor zone (75 ZEM), you’d get 30,000 experience per mob solo. You would need to solo (1,941,800 / 30k) approximately 65 mobs to level. This means you would need to kill each one every 2 minutes with no downtime to med/heal to get equitable experience. This is not likely.

So if I can level faster, with no down time and pretty much no chance of dying, why wouldn't I take that option?"
2-3 hours to get 100 fangs? highly doubtful.. MAYBE if your the only one in the zone..
Old 03-26-2014, 02:19 AM
Banned

sounds like a bunch of baby back bitches
Old 03-26-2014, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sad, sad generation of teenagers whose sole mmo experience has been "click the LFR button, get auto-queued and zoned into a raid, rush through the halls of the zone for 20 minutes without speaking a word to anyone, click "get item," equip your new loot"
sad state of the world
Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

This thread makes me want to AoE BB...
Old 03-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Aviak

I've been on this server for like 3 years and I've never seen any more then 2 people in BB. When did this become a thing? 1-5 newbie area 5-12 CB/gfay 12-24 unrest 24-40 mistmoore 41-51 CoM leveled like 8 chars never had an issue.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

fangs xp is nuts but boring as hell to farm them after level 14. No toon outside of some higher toon aoe everything will get every single mob. The higher level toons tend to clear in the back by clover room /green room as gnoll density is higher.

it helps if you know what spawns where. You can sit at a spwn point and just wait till mob pops and engage as soon it those. If the higher level toon those not have the timing right you will get some mobs.

Even in live you would hardly find lots of mob up because regular xp groups would pull from all over the zone.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

if you still don't have a lot of gnolls then move on and form a bandit group in west karana. Their is roughly 9 to 10 different bandits camps in this zone. Bandits all drop bronze weapons and can drop sashes which are dam fine xp and give you even more bronze weapons to sell.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinolian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C

if (mob is blue) && (Character.Level > 18) then
Fang.DropChance = 15
Else
Fang.DropChance = 0
End if
I find it highly amusing when people come up with their amateur code to solve their perceived problems. Do you think they just need to copypasta this and it would work? Or are you trying to insult them by suggesting they would need this hint?

and you even fucked up the code.
Last edited by Quineloe; 03-26-2014 at 05:00 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 AM
Banned

Bluebie Bitches FO SHO
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2014, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, this is not live. Things are different here. Very similar game but different community. You're going to be very disappointed if you try to hold on too tight your original EQ experience and expect to replicate it exactly here. People here know a lot more than people did back in the day. They know how to streamline leveling and certain camps. Lots of people are on their 5th, 6th, or 7th character here and don't want to do the slo-mo grind from 1-20 again. It's just fact.

While that sounds like it sucks, it doesn't always. An example would be HHK goblins. Back on live the goblins could be broken up into multiple camps on some servers, but here goblins generally are done as one camp. In that case it's a benefit because otherwise you would have a crazy amount of downtime in that camp. I hope that there are other parts of the game that help to rekindle that old feeling for you other than just BB. Dungeons are generally very busy here, although I see zones like najena and soldunga mostly empty sometimes.
If you're on your 7th character, why don't you know a level 60 druid at that point who would follow you around with SLN DS Regen and help you solo a dungeon in the middle of nowhere and get through levels 20-30 in three hours? If these players are such veterans, they should realize what they're doing there is a horribly inefficient waste of time.
Closed Thread