Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Aviak

Default im considering making a non-mage caster

okay here's the deal,I'm going to end up giving my main account to one of my best friendsand I'm considering making a caster from scratch no gear no money no nothing.my question to you guys is what is the least played of the three remaining casters? or basically what is your opinion on thisI'm open to ideas and discussion on this topic.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Caster meaning int caster? Wizard is by far the least played of wizard, necro, ench. They're also the one of the three that doesn't function terribly well untwinked, because you can't quad (well, or maybe at all) without int/mp gear.

Necro and enchanter both work well from scratch though.

I normally wouldn't tell someone to skip playing something that they want to, but you should not play an untwinked wizard.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Wizard day 3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Necromancer or enchanter are both good bets. Enchanter is more useful in groups, but they're both great solo. Enc is a little more gear dependent since CHA helps you with charming.

I would not recommend going wiz. Boring and unversatile. They are the least played INT class but that does not mean they are in high demand. They are least played for a reason.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:12 AM
Large Bat

1 - 12 on an untwinked, unaided, necro (iksar) was the most painful and excruciating thing I have yet tried in this game. Its all turned around at 12 though, but if you plan on doing this, just know that I wanted to quit necro so many times in the pre-12 phase. Be prepared!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Aviak

In my (wholly unbiased) opinion, necro would work best if you're starting untwinked. I rolled my necro as my first character and have never regretted it. Oblivion is right, the first 12 levels or so (basically until you get your second Darkness spell and Heat Blood, plus your mana pool is finally large enough to support fear kiting) are pretty rough. Expect to have to help your pet tank mobs, especially on the back half of spell circles (6,7,10,and 11). Once you get over that hump, though, you tend to feel more and more powerful with each spell level.
27 Shaman
Garel Oakblade
28 Ranger

Fobbon Oakblade - retired
65 Hunter, <Cyndane>, Drinal
Old 01-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 - 12 on an untwinked, unaided, necro (iksar) was the most painful and excruciating thing I have yet tried in this game. Its all turned around at 12 though, but if you plan on doing this, just know that I wanted to quit necro so many times in the pre-12 phase. Be prepared!
This is why Uteunayr's Necromancer and Soloing Strategy Guide recommends... powerleveling up to level 12. The most vital levels to skip. :P
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

i thought 1-12 on my naked iksar necro was easy as fuck compared to 1-12 melee.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Large Bat

I blame my lack of knowledge on good places to hunt on my hatred of 1-12 as iksar necro. Field of bone, I was baffled as to why so many people recommended it, or liked it. After level 3/4, it was constantly green or red mobs; No in between. Finally I found some information to bounce back and forth between lake and field which helped a lot. When you dont have the dmg to compete with your pet, killing low blues and losing half the xp was daunting to me. That spider crypt was the best xp in the zone, though. I was sad when the spiders turned green quicker than I thought they would.

I am using your guide, Uteunayr, and I am grateful for it, but being new to the server and none of my friends interested in joining me, I couldn't get a power level to 12 hehe. Believe me, I wish I could have. Currently leveling on Misty. Its going pretty good until the random red con resists 3 fears and I'm out of mana lol. Even had the guard kill me once because he resisted my darkness and fears until I was oom.
Closed Thread