Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

People do have some ridiculous fear of PvP. I had people actually leave my guild when we did a /guildwar back during live. And it was a staged war setup with a rival guild full our our friends. But still people freaked out, even after we assured them it was just for fun, they wouldn't lose items and they wouldn't lose exp.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its ridiculous the fear that some people have. Its selfish to complain about having a system like this for pvp. For how many blue servers there were compared to the few pvp servers it really shows what type of players are loyal to EQ and have come back after all these years. There are so many pvpers on this server, the voting is 110 to 44 pro pvp right now.

This is just a small taste of what classic Everquest was to us, since it looks like most of us came from a pvp back ground, and people like Tallenn can't stop bitching. Don't worry your game wont change, you can still do what you do now. In fact this will help you out because the stuff you will want to do will be more open since others will be occupied.

If all of your friends/guildies want to do something that you don't, you want them to suffer and do what you want to do? Maybe you should go find a guild/friends that like the same stuff as you instead of making people do what you want. If your guild would be excited about this as a whole and it would make the game more fun for them, you are an ass for trying to squash it.

Most of the guilds will not switch over, I promise you that. It will most likely be alt guilds created after this new rule comes to order. There may be a few guild wars among guild rivals that last a short time, but if you can't get involved in your guilds rivalry between another guild for a couple of days then you aren't a good member. The big guilds will still have raiding as their top priority and will not risk getting killed by players during a raid.

I'm guessing you have people just like you in your current guild Tallenn, you don't have to worry about it converting.

To Jyaku, who cares if the numbers are uneven in a loner pvp npc guild. You are in it to pvp, if you are outnumbered thats actually better. If you are on a side and realize there are no targets because you are all on the same side.. people will switch naturally. Its not like the two npc made guilds are going to be organized dominating the other.
Yeah, some guilds might elect to make a 'PvP division' for their guild. Others won't go PvP at all. Hippo's got a real good point - it will take many out of the XP/Loot loop at times, freeing up those camps for others.

As for the good vs/ bad thing - I think the running suggestion was to just allow people which team they want to be on - non-guilded.

And THAT idea, would take care of 3/4 people in the guild wanting to PvP but the rest not wanting to PvP as well. Not just 'unguilded'. Of course, that's a guild decision as it may require reinvites frequently.

But heck if 50% of your guild wants to PvP, no reason they couldn't just join the loner guild for a while, then come back to the normal guild.

Of course, that brings up a question as to how to join the 'loner' guild. Maybe a GM could do invites during certain hours each day if it can't be automated with a NPC.

Or... could just ANYONE in the 'loner' guild invite? What would it hurt?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Aviak

As far as race war...I did that and I love it. But given this server's PvP population will be pretty low, it's best to have PvPers guilding with people they enjoy playing with. Let the halfling druids cast dots on each other, I say.

What needs to happen for this to be really successful is to have at least two guilds of upper-level players who can play the PvE and PvP game, rather than just twinks who will fade out when they realize the other twinks aren't logged on.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Would it be possible to have a PvP rank within guilds? So anyone not in the rank wouldn't be flagged but everyone else would? That'd make the system great...you could have continual, open war with other guilds. The invulnerable healer thing may be an issue but at least players could stay guilded and PvP.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Kobold

why not just make a /pvp (on/off) command, limit it to one "flip" per 24hour, the zone out thing also. or maybe just change the priest of discord to respond to commands that are the pvp on/off so that you can't just turn it off out in the field. instead of forcing people to choose sides, just make it total FFA across the server but you have a choice of doing it. i remember one Ultima online shard had something to that effect, you could choose to be flaged NoN PVPable sence everybody was able to be killed at any time. same idea just opposite effect. as for the balancing, would there be a way to fix the resists/spells to effect players differently than NPCs. Again using UO as a basis from free shards changing stuff like that, not sure on how EQ coding would work to that effect
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Last edited by jyaku; 09-03-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Geez, all I asked for was a way to opt-out if my guild decides to /guildwar, instead of having to /guildremove for the duration of it. What's so bad about that?

The server has been the way it is since inception. This would be a major change to it, effecting a lot of people that have ABSOLUTELY ZERO interest in PvP, who joined it with the knowledge that there was no PvP outside of The Arena, city arenas, and duels. Yes, I know there was /guildwar in classic. However, I never saw anyone use it, or even heard of anyone that was using it. I think it was brought up for discussion in one of the guilds I was in once in live. It was shot down visciously and immediately, and yes, I was one of the most vocal in that discussion. As far as I can see, this topic hasn't yet been brought up on my guild's boards. If it is, I will voice my opinion there, as well.

This is why so many people spoke out against it on the thread asking for an all-volunteer PvP zone accessed from EC tunnel. Now you want guildwar functionality. Give you an inch, you take two inches, give you three, you ask for four. Give a n******* a rope, he wants to be a cowboy.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not just make a /pvp (on/off) command, limit it to one "flip" per 24hour, the zone out thing also. or maybe just change the priest of discord to respond to commands that are the pvp on/off so that you can't just turn it off out in the field. instead of forcing people to choose sides, just make it total FFA across the server but you have a choice of doing it. i remember one Ultima online shard had something to that effect, you could choose to be flaged NoN PVPable sence everybody was able to be killed at any time. same idea just opposite effect. as for the balancing, would there be a way to fix the resists/spells to effect players differently than NPCs. Again using UO as a basis from free shards changing stuff like that, not sure on how EQ coding would work to that effect
Some good ideas there. All of it seems to be completely voluntary, so I have no problem with them. As far as balance, as long as it doesn't affect PvE, I could give two shits.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Tallen, you are getting a little out of hand here. If your guild decides to guild war in spite of your protesting, perhaps it isn't the right guild for you.

jyaku - that idea probably should be discussed outside of this thread. This is a thread about Rogean's proposed guild war rules. Start a new one if you want to discuss changing the way individuals use the PoD.

None of the guilds on the server today were formed to PvP, and as such they will have members who would participate in pvp, and members who have no interest in doing so. Either a realignment of PvPers into PvP guilds will take place, or people will roll alts to participate in those PvP guilds. It won't be the end of the world and no one will care in 2 weeks. Remember OMG NO GLOBAL OOC??!!!
Last edited by Extunarian; 09-03-2010 at 02:59 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

The only thing I would say is cut the reward system.

Just let us fight.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why so many people spoke out against it on the thread asking for an all-volunteer PvP zone accessed from EC tunnel. Now you want guildwar functionality. Give you an inch, you take two inches, give you three, you ask for four. Give a n******* a rope, he wants to be a cowboy.
A PvP zone is just an arena, nothing more.

Quote:
Give a n******* a rope, he wants to be a cowboy.
Explain yourself.
Closed Thread