Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Large Rat

Default Someone please help me choose what I make my main!

Hey everyone, I want to create a character that I play when my cousin is not online; he's busy and he really can't play as often as I can. I really want some help here.. I really want to completely enjoy the game!

Anyhow, I'm torn between Wizzy, Nec, Magician, SK and Shammy.

Now I know they're all completely different but still...

I have a Warrior level 7 currently which I play strictly with my cousin grouped up. I want to level up a guy when he's not online.. P99 is my main MMO.. closest to the EQOA experience I can get and I love the community.

I like to be an important character that's fun in addition to being important. SK is both fun AND important. I can tank or I can be kindof a DPS. I like the Warrior but SK would be more in addition to it.

Wizzy.. I want one because man, they can NUKE. I love that. But one thing that really kills it is they are mana bottlenecked which means they lose mana quick and when you're a Wizzy without mana you're essentially useless making Wizzy rather difficult and pointless.

Shammy - Important, in EQOA I was a Cleric for all the years I played, I did enjoy healing but Cleric is extremely boring as I got older.. I hate relying on having a group. Shammys probably can solo a little bit, they get a cute little pet, they turn different forms which is cool and they're very important with their heals and buffs!

Magician - Since leaving EQOA I always made a caster in MMO's because casters for the most part can solo and have their own group going on and plus, being a nerd you like magic and spells. LOL. Also you kindof own as a Magician for these reasons.

Nec - See Magician and SK and kindof merge them minus the whole tanking bit.

I have NO idea what to make; I love tanking nowadays but I want to have the most fun possible, be able to meet a lot of cool people here on P99, raid end levels and have killer fun.

I'm going to make the decision based on research and your recommendations.

ALSO! If anybody would like to start a character with me and group up whenever we're both online, that'd be really cool having a constant static group going on but DO realize I will play this character when you are not online.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Well, first of all, don't go Wizard; they're boring and they're nearly useless in groups.

If you love tanking, SK is a good choice. They can also solo somewhat. They're not very useful in raids, though; in raids you almost always have warriors tanking.

Magician and Shaman are both good overall choices. Magicians are better soloers (until your later levels, anyway), shamans are better in groups, but both are very useful in groups and raids. Magicians are rather boring to play; shamans are a lot more interesting.

Necromancer is like magician, but more interesting to play, better at soloing, and less useful in groups and raids.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

If you make an SK or a Paladin... I've been coordinating with Rhipwind (sp?) and Rham to form a nice 6 man group.

So far the group looks like necro, cleric, enchanter, shaman, rogue , (need tank). The majority of the group is around 20 atm.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, first of all, don't go Wizard; they're boring and they're nearly useless in groups.
Not useless, just less useful versus a lot of other dps classes. If you're looking ahead to Velious then its not a bad idea to roll one given the shortage.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

I'm just unsure of what to make because this guy, whatever I make is gonna be my main guy I play and I don't really want to waste my time.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsoukalos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just unsure of what to make because this guy, whatever I make is gonna be my main guy I play and I don't really want to waste my time.
You could keep leveling up the warrior and make a halfling paladin to play with your brother or an SK and travel over there.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

I think Mage would be your best bet. They can solo very well, are not gear dependent, and have little down time. They are good for farming at later levels so you can gear up that warrior of yours. There are not a ton at higher levels, so with CoTH you will always be desired in raids.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Large Rat

Wizzy feels like me like a waste of time but as you level you outdamage probably everyone with ONE spell. That's cool. Again, I like the whole Wizard thing because in real life and whatnot that's pretty cool. Nuking with spells in game WOULD be cool, but you're completely group reliant and you get raped if you don't group up.

Nec.. I love the whole evil magician thing with the Nec, love the pets, love the DoT, but I've been Magician/Nec type casters in MMO's now for years and frankly it gets old.

Magician - Basically it's a Wizard with pets and they aren't nearly as "useless"

Shammy.. It would be very cool to be a useful healer that can solo, change forms and be extremely useful in groups.

This is difficult because I want SK but if I already have a Warrior and nobody wants to group up with SK's, I've heard so really, what's the point. I'm gonna try and research some things I guess. Won't be an easy decision..
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Play warrior with your cousin.

Play Necro by yourself.

Necro is a class that you can log in, play for 15 mins, log out at will.

Also if your cousin doesn't play much and your necro severely out levels your warrior & cousin group necro's have the ability to powerlevel very well.

Say you hit 50 on necro and your cousin is still fiddling around in level 20. Well you can jump on necro, dot something to hell and back, he hits it once, you FD, mob dies, he gets full exp.

Necro will also allow you to have a class capable of farming for money later on to help both you and your cousins characters. Wars are gear dependant, but if you level up killing seafuries on necro you will have $$ to go out and buy your warrior full crafted armor etc to make life easier.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play warrior with your cousin.

Play Necro by yourself.

Necro is a class that you can log in, play for 15 mins, log out at will.

Also if your cousin doesn't play much and your necro severely out levels your warrior & cousin group necro's have the ability to powerlevel very well.

Say you hit 50 on necro and your cousin is still fiddling around in level 20. Well you can jump on necro, dot something to hell and back, he hits it once, you FD, mob dies, he gets full exp.

Necro will also allow you to have a class capable of farming for money later on to help both you and your cousins characters. Wars are gear dependant, but if you level up killing seafuries on necro you will have $$ to go out and buy your warrior full crafted armor etc to make life easier.
Yeah he's honestly not going to be on nearly as much as me so that's why I want to create a main.