Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

I just donated 40 bones to you gentlemen of Project 1999 we believe in you.

God Bless
Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by giesler79 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid array isnt the issue from Rogean (sp) post. Its the DB server. Swapping in a new disk into a raid 5 setup is trivial. May wanna just call it a night and log in tomorrow =)
You're clearly insane!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fire Giant

Gotta wonder what the IO/net trends look like for the Forums server over the past 6 hours. Does it compare to the Fappening?
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sent a donation. During my non playing time I realized my wife and children moved out, and took the pets, so I'm saving more money on food and such. I was wondering why it had been so quiet for the last year and a half.
I don't get why people are finding this funny... if she had have played the game he would have noticed.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he's relying on replication, I guess that means the disks suffered unrecoverable corruption? Not using raid 4/5 I guess, if they have replication? The odds of two disks failing together are pretty small.
Replication means one database server is reading the logs of another database server and replicating itself to be the same, usually a handful of seconds behind. That should mean they have a database server still good to go, but it can be a lot of work to bring an application up on the replicated database, plus the risks associated.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I took the time to donate during the downtime. That this thread is so positive says a lot about the P99 community! I love it here.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Replication means one database server is reading the logs of another database server and replicating itself to be the same, usually a handful of seconds behind. That should mean they have a database server still good to go, but it can be a lot of work to bring an application up on the replicated database, plus the risks associated.
This!
Thanks for all your hard work p99 staff. We're bearing with you & bringing gifts via donations.
First Rogue on Xegony to attain Make Poison (200) & Apply Poison (200)
Old 05-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Donated 60.00

__________________________________________________ ______________________Wickedjester level 48 Ogre shaman
Incursion level 42 Iksar necromancer
Old 05-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Skeleton

Once I had a drive fail in a raid 5 and while replacing it another went taking down everything. Rare but it can happen. Then I went to an active hot spare on top of the raid.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Banned

http://vadercoaster.ytmnd.com/
Closed Thread