Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am surprised in all honesty that no raiders do not go to Red, because with their knowledge of zones and raids they should be able to raid way more content on a fairly dead server that is holding so many raid targets like a fruit tree bearing extremely ripe fruits.

I guess the shadow of PVP hanging over the server is too scary for them, there's really no other reason why none have gone to Red.
There's nobody on Red to be impressed by them. Standing around in EC Tunnel will get them killed instead of inspected.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Red is the Aaron Hernandez of the p99 project.

Dead.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a server dedicated to an obscure and poorly balanced side feature of EQ is like having a server dedicated to.. fletching. Or poison making. About the same level of relevance as PvP.
Fletching server!!! Where do i sign up?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've had both positive and negative experiences there. For one, the red players seem far more helpful and generous than the blue server players. They really go out of their way to help people, eg: Andain. The down side is the handful of asses like smallmee, who ports new players to KOS druid rings, or Screen, some fungi tunic'ed raid geared lvl 18 warrior that instead of grouping with other people in unrest, will train and bind camp them. I loved pvp in live, and only played on pvp servers, but on a 100 person server, with 20-50 of them having raid geared twinks camped out in newby zones, it is like they are cutting their own throat. Frankly, they should consider finding a way to stop twink griefing. Maybe turn off pvp below lvl 50, or make pvp occur only every other week. Or put stat caps on players below pre 50 levels. Also, they have not coded out the post velious nerfs to casters needing LOS. On blue, it is a minor annoyance when casting on a wandering mob. On red it changed the game massively to help the usually twinked melles in dungeons. Even if a caster tries to fight a melle they just duck behind a wall to "dodge" the magic spell. I think there needs to be no LOS restrictions, melles already have casters trapped indoors and have a damage advantage in most situations. Give it a try though, do a /who all sanctuary and ask them to ask in their guild char if anyone is LFG. They really do try and help people level- basically the opposite of the raiders and their handful of twink griefers.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a server dedicated to an obscure and poorly balanced side feature of EQ is like having a server dedicated to.. fletching. Or poison making. About the same level of relevance as PvP.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] LMAO.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone reading this hasn't tried it they probably should.

If they have tried it and didnt give it much of a chance, they could consider trying it again <3
Old 04-23-2017, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone reading this hasn't tried it they probably should.

If they have tried it and didnt give it much of a chance, they could consider trying it again <3
Consider that frankly red isn't fun, and the toxic community of the server is the only way they could somehow succeed in making the server worse.

Consider many people don't play red because it's not fun, not because they're ignorant.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had both positive and negative experiences there. For one, the red players seem far more helpful and generous than the blue server players. They really go out of their way to help people, eg: Andain. The down side is the handful of asses like smallmee, who ports new players to KOS druid rings, or Screen, some fungi tunic'ed raid geared lvl 18 warrior that instead of grouping with other people in unrest, will train and bind camp them. I loved pvp in live, and only played on pvp servers, but on a 100 person server, with 20-50 of them having raid geared twinks camped out in newby zones, it is like they are cutting their own throat. Frankly, they should consider finding a way to stop twink griefing. Maybe turn off pvp below lvl 50, or make pvp occur only every other week. Or put stat caps on players below pre 50 levels. Also, they have not coded out the post velious nerfs to casters needing LOS. On blue, it is a minor annoyance when casting on a wandering mob. On red it changed the game massively to help the usually twinked melles in dungeons. Even if a caster tries to fight a melle they just duck behind a wall to "dodge" the magic spell. I think there needs to be no LOS restrictions, melles already have casters trapped indoors and have a damage advantage in most situations. Give it a try though, do a /who all sanctuary and ask them to ask in their guild char if anyone is LFG. They really do try and help people level- basically the opposite of the raiders and their handful of twink griefers.
Fighting fungi twnks is just a learning curve. 90% of these guys couldn't hit box even if it guaranteed them to finally lose their virginity.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

I played on blue 16hours a day for about 4 years, had a couple BIS toons from VP etc...never thought i could start over on a 40pop server

but i did, and i havent gone back since.

If you find 'raiding' on Everquest fun, then god bless you. But most people shouldn't, and they don't.

what is the point of getting loot/upgrades on blue ? All of the content was finished on day 1, any item you get will not help your guild progress or your character. Nothing will change.

On red, you get to actually use the raid loot in pvp.

Also, half of the stats don't matter on Blue. Hp, AC, Str and Wis+Int are the only stats that matter on blue, you dont need resists for anything. Resists are the most important on red.

Red server makes everquest fun in 2017 because there are so many items and spells that are useless on blue but are a huge deal on red

try red and have fun again
Old 04-23-2017, 05:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on blue 16hours a day for about 4 years, had a couple BIS toons from VP etc...never thought i could start over on a 40pop server

but i did, and i havent gone back since.

If you find 'raiding' on Everquest fun, then god bless you. But most people shouldn't, and they don't.

what is the point of getting loot/upgrades on blue ? All of the content was finished on day 1, any item you get will not help your guild progress or your character. Nothing will change.

On red, you get to actually use the raid loot in pvp.

Also, half of the stats don't matter on Blue. Hp, AC, Str and Wis+Int are the only stats that matter on blue, you dont need resists for anything. Resists are the most important on red.

Red server makes everquest fun in 2017 because there are so many items and spells that are useless on blue but are a huge deal on red

try red and have fun again
This
Closed Thread