Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[x] Zordakalicus Ragefire [54 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
Even with a manastone and a Robe of the Spring this is kinda ???? I'm assuming that's a D not an S but still.

Otherwise you're one kill from Disciple mode, so you may give Ploktor some competition. Do you use puppet strings or are the sol b kills with charmed bats?
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! This has been a ton of fun so far. Looking forward to some Duo action too.

I was never able to land a fear on either Estrella or the scarab. I could mez them something like 2/3 or 3/4 attempts but never fear. For the scarab I wondered if it was a level restriction, but if Estrella is indeed 51 then it is not applicable for her, since I was fearing level 51-52 mobs from chef/bar. I am guessing they are just unfearable.

Bards (well at least my bard, since I really stacked resists and not ac) are fairly squishy compared to other plate classes, so if I can't kite it, mez it or fear it, it is probably impossible to solo without puppet strings or the like. Perhaps I will have to get an hp/ac gear set soon ...
Necrosis is level 53.. bards can fear mobs up to level 52.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[S] The Crypt Keeper [50 Necromancer, HS North]
Been a while since I updated my sheet! I took several weeks off of p99 but started up again over the holidays and then hit 58 and started working on the disciple tier. I figured since I was bound outside of HS and familiar with north from my xping there, I might as well go see about killing TCK before relocating to KC.

Getting back to his room was easy, of course. Lull ftw. I earned a couple blues of 58 messing around in and just outside of the room while learning the pathing and figuring out how I wanted to time my kill when TCK did pop. I messed around fighting back by the teleporter, but for whatever reason I haven't had the energy to pay attention to details like spawn times... so I basically just kept fighting outside the door and killing anything nearby in a faceroll bruteforce noskill kinda way... heh.

Anyway. After the server came back up this morning, I made my way into north (the whole damn place seemed like it was biles, qq) and found TCK up. I killed the two mobs just inside the door, lulled the whole room, petted the skele that pathed up the stairs to the door, AE mezzed TCK and his pet then used single on TCK while the pet came running to get smoked by my pet. Unfortunately when TCK mez wore off and came running, my charm broke also, and 2 stuns got interrupted + I got poison doted (turned out to just be VoTS but I was worried it was ebolt), so I hatted.

On my return, I just lulled/invised all the way to the back room. While re-killing the mobs near the door a pather brought 3 mobs from behind me to join the party. I killed all this and kept a level 46 skele and gave him some lariats to ensure this ended well (though really, I guess my 113 MR wouldn't have saved me if my pet turned on me with those weapons). I pulled TCK like I did last time. This time my pet killed the pet by the time TCK arrived. I tashed, rooted, slowed, and started helping make sure he didn't get off many spells. I think my pet was only at 55-60% hp when I pulled, but AQ and 2 weps and a bunch of stuns quickly led to the screenshot below:

http://i47.tinypic.com/34ik4zo.jpg

Summoning mobs from here on out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-03-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Warmup:
[x] the froglok king [48 paladin, Ruins of Old Guk]
[] Frenzied Pox Scarab [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froglok Ostiary [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[x] The Golem Master [50 Warrior, HS North]
[x] Sentient Bile [50 Warrior, HS North]
[x] Crypt Wurm [50 Warrior, HS North]
[x] The Spectre Sepulcher [50 Monk, HS North]

Solo Disciple: any 7
[s] Gangrenous Scarab [51 Warrior, Sebilis]
[s] Knight of Sathir [51 Warrior, Karnors]
[s] Construct of Sathir [52 Shadowknight, Karnors]
[s] A Drolvarg warlord [53 Warrior, Karnors]
[s] a necrosis scarab [53 Warrior, Sebilis]
[s] Crypt Caretaker [53 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Estrella of Gloomwater [51 Druid, Kedge]
[s] The Crypt Keeper [50 Necromancer, HS North]
[ ] Froglok Pickler [52 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froggy [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armorer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armsman [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Chef [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Repairer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Gruplinort [53 Wizard, Sebilis Disco]

Solo Master/Duo Disciple: any 8 including at least one each from HS South and Sebilis Crypt
[] Froglok Commander [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[] Brogg [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[D] Baron Yosig [55 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[D] Arch Duke Iatol [55 Shadowknight, Sebilis Crypt]
[D] blood of chottal [55 Monk, Sebilis Crypt]
[D] Harbinger Freglor [55 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[D] Hierophant Prime Grekal [55 Shaman, Sebilis Crypt]
[S] the Skeleton Sepulcher [50 Warrior, HS South]
[S] a Crypt Spectre [50 Shadowknight, HS South]
[D] Efreeti Lord Djarn [50 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[] Slizik the Mighty [54 Warrior, The Hole]
[S] Skeletal Procurator [52 Shadowknight, HS West]
[D] The Crypt Feaster [52 Warrior, HS South]
[D] Embalming Fluid [52 Warrior, HS South]
[D] The Spectre Spiritualist [53 Monk, HS South]

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master: any 6 including one L56+ and one from HS East
[D] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair]
[D] Magi Rokyll [52 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[D] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[D] A Black Reaver [51 Warrior, City of Mist]
[soloish] A cliff golem [57 Warrior, The Overthere] (imba 5 charge soulfire and almost fully raid buffed no haste ^_^)
[] The Crypt Excavator [54 Warrior, HS East]
[] Reanimated Plaguebone [54 Warrior, HS East]
[] Mortiferous Protector [54 Warrior, HS East]
[D] a Howling Spectre [54 Monk, HS East]
[ ] Dartain the Lost [55 Necromancer, The Hole]
[D] Drusella Sathir [55 Necromancer, HS East]
[ ] The Undertaker Lord [56 Shadowknight, HS East]

Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster: any 5
[D] Neh'Ashiir [54 Enchanter, City of Mist (help with the golems/pull is OK)]
[] Lord Rak'Ashiir [54 Wizard, City of Mist (help with the golems/pull is OK)]
[] Tolapumj [60 Enchanter, Sebilis Catacombs]
[D] Myconid Spore King [56 Paladin, Sebilis Catacombs]
[D] Emperor Chottal [60 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] sebilite protector [60 Warrior, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Fear/Dread/Terror [55 Warrior, Plane of Fear. Includes break.]
[ ] Korocust [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[ ] Protector of Sky [55 Rogue, Plane of Sky]
[D] Phinigel Autropos [53 Wizard, Kedge]

Duo God Mode: any 5
[D] Zordakalicus Ragefire [54 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] a dracoliche [53 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Maestro of Rancor [53 Warrior, Plane of Hate]
[ ] Ixiblat Fer [61 Warrior, Burning Woods]
[ ] Gorgalosk [60 Warrior, Plane of Sky]
[ ] General V'ghera [65 Shadowknight, Kithicor Forest] me and anthrax tryed this, i would like to see this done
[godmode] Prince Selrach Di'Zok [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[4] Overking Bathezid [63 Cleric, Chardok]
[3] Queen Velazul Di'Zok [62 Shaman, Chardok]
[lol] Noble Dojorn [60 Paladin, Plane of Sky]
[ ] The Spiroc Guardian [60 Shaman, Plane of Sky

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Last edited by Shinko; 01-03-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Nice job Tecmos, that room is really pretty annoying. I'll be interested to see if you start swapping in HP gear for summoning mobs.

Shinko, can you fill out two sheets, one for each of your chars? Oh and I was wondering how you and Anthrax were farming those Insignia Protectors. A 3-man of the Queen is pretty impressive.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Time will tell, I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[S] Knight of Sathir [51 Warrior, Karnors]
Not much story here, I'm afraid. I IVUd down into VS's room and killed the 4 mobs that are down there for 3 cycles before the Knight popped in the back of the room. He didn't even have the decency to cough up something I could sell. Looks like the rest of KC is camped right now... I might be productive IRL today and see about getting construct and warlord in the wee hours tomorrow.

http://postimage.org/image/nfwrce5et/
http://postimage.org/image/yvcefr8lt/
Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with a manastone and a Robe of the Spring this is kinda ???? I'm assuming that's a D not an S but still.

Otherwise you're one kill from Disciple mode, so you may give Ploktor some competition. Do you use puppet strings or are the sol b kills with charmed bats?
Yeah Loraen, it's been duo'd twice with a monk and myself. I'm working on it slowly but surely. As far as the charms go, they're all with bats + weaps and robe/sup heals with a few others in there when needed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'd really like to get a hand on some strings though!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[S] Construct of Sathir [52 Shadowknight, Karnors]
This one I have a story for!

After getting chased out of KC early this morning (20+ in KC at 7 am est but only 6 people in KC at like 4 pm est... go figure), I returned this evening and found Construct of Sathir popped along with 3 hand dudes.

Attempt one:

Well, I was rushing things. Guess I was paranoid that I'd lose this super awesome mob who drops ultra awesome loot and is soooo rare, or something, and I started lulling the room from just outside when I was at like 70m. I can ToT this guy right? Screw starting with 100m! I got it all lulled, thought I would try killing inside the room while just keeping the other two hands lulled or dazzled, so charmed a hand and buffed him and send him at the not-yet-debuffed Construct. Then just as I was going to run into the room, a little dog and a curate came around the corner and started beating on me.

I got this, right? Dumb. I ran into the room and stunned+AE mezzed in the corner where the Construct (who was still not debuffed... cause my brain is dumb) was. Then my brain got dumber and I just, for whatever reason, was fixated on that stupid little skeleton pet. I wanted it to be dead first, ya know? Get it out of the way? But my pet would NOT attack it... perhaps because of a disease dot from construct or something on him? Even if I mezzed Construct and backed pet off with spammage, he just kept going back to the Construct.

Anyway, by this time my berserker spirit and rune are gone and I'm at like 80% health. Mana wasn't exactly good to begin with, now I was under 40%. I'd show you some screenshots of me being dumb, but in this frenzy of great enchanting, I totally forgot to take any.

Oh, and then charm broke and I got summoned... and hatted.

Attempt Two:

After I recharged, gated back to KC, threw up some fresh buffs, and turned down a group invite, it was time for attempt two. But, well, not really. Aggrod a dog on the way in, mezzed, blurred, continued. Saw dead stuff in lcy, so I IVUd and ran in. Rounded corner to head up the stairs there and there's two little dogs. So I take THEM to the top of the stars for mezzing, finally get both of them to stay blurred, then that damn skeleton who is always on top of the tower right there but is fallen through the ground or something so I don't see him aggros me... I actually had to hat from 2 skeletons.

I almost gave up here. I had been playing all day, made a few blues in seb looking for shinies, did some work on my epic, etc. But I figured I'd try one more time.

Attempt Three:

Lulled the room. Ran in by the tables in there, petted a hand and let it die. Relulled Construct (I think I had ONE crit resist on lull all day today, out of at least 50-60 resists), petted the third hand and buffed him and finished off remaining one. This time I wasn't about to send a pet at the Construct willy-nilly, though: http://postimage.org/image/ma0xx80hn/ (and yes, I did notice the pawbuster beginning to radiate!)

I mezzed it so my pet could kill that damn skeleton safely, and proceeded to tash, slow, cripple, and ToT the Construct in the meantime. Root wore off early and I got dragged over into the hot corner, but my pet was level 50, so things were moving along pretty well. Without weaponizing though, my pet was just holding even with the slowed Construct so far: http://postimage.org/image/j864reawb/

I started to learn how annoying higher-level fights can be, as the Construct resisted 3 stuns in a row on me. But then I had better luck, plus charm was holding: http://postimage.org/image/v9pgt1ucn/

After another 30 seconds of semi-stunlock and 1 nuke (for good measure) later, the Construct was dead: http://postimage.org/image/kaj2092n1/

I camped out my pet and IVUd to check out warlord. He wasn't up, but as I saw earlier, pawbuster was. I got him down too, although I nearly bit the dust when charm broke and I was distracted trying to relull the other two bodyguards and was a bit slow getting a stun off. WTS pipe MQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

And here i thought my fights with the construct and warlord were chaotic, lol. Is interesting to see different strategies and tactics. I did these two completely different...I'm on my phone and it's annoying to type or else I'd tell my fun, cap intensive stories, lol.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This one I have a story for!

After getting chased out of KC early this morning (20+ in KC at 7 am est but only 6 people in KC at like 4 pm est... go figure), I returned this evening and found Construct of Sathir popped along with 3 hand dudes.

Attempt one:

Well, I was rushing things. Guess I was paranoid that I'd lose this super awesome mob who drops ultra awesome loot and is soooo rare, or something, and I started lulling the room from just outside when I was at like 70m. I can ToT this guy right? Screw starting with 100m! I got it all lulled, thought I would try killing inside the room while just keeping the other two hands lulled or dazzled, so charmed a hand and buffed him and send him at the not-yet-debuffed Construct. Then just as I was going to run into the room, a little dog and a curate came around the corner and started beating on me.

I got this, right? Dumb. I ran into the room and stunned+AE mezzed in the corner where the Construct (who was still not debuffed... cause my brain is dumb) was. Then my brain got dumber and I just, for whatever reason, was fixated on that stupid little skeleton pet. I wanted it to be dead first, ya know? Get it out of the way? But my pet would NOT attack it... perhaps because of a disease dot from construct or something on him? Even if I mezzed Construct and backed pet off with spammage, he just kept going back to the Construct.

Anyway, by this time my berserker spirit and rune are gone and I'm at like 80% health. Mana wasn't exactly good to begin with, now I was under 40%. I'd show you some screenshots of me being dumb, but in this frenzy of great enchanting, I totally forgot to take any.

Oh, and then charm broke and I got summoned... and hatted.

Attempt Two:

After I recharged, gated back to KC, threw up some fresh buffs, and turned down a group invite, it was time for attempt two. But, well, not really. Aggrod a dog on the way in, mezzed, blurred, continued. Saw dead stuff in lcy, so I IVUd and ran in. Rounded corner to head up the stairs there and there's two little dogs. So I take THEM to the top of the stars for mezzing, finally get both of them to stay blurred, then that damn skeleton who is always on top of the tower right there but is fallen through the ground or something so I don't see him aggros me... I actually had to hat from 2 skeletons.

I almost gave up here. I had been playing all day, made a few blues in seb looking for shinies, did some work on my epic, etc. But I figured I'd try one more time.

Attempt Three:

Lulled the room. Ran in by the tables in there, petted a hand and let it die. Relulled Construct (I think I had ONE crit resist on lull all day today, out of at least 50-60 resists), petted the third hand and buffed him and finished off remaining one. This time I wasn't about to send a pet at the Construct willy-nilly, though: http://postimage.org/image/ma0xx80hn/ (and yes, I did notice the pawbuster beginning to radiate!)

I mezzed it so my pet could kill that damn skeleton safely, and proceeded to tash, slow, cripple, and ToT the Construct in the meantime. Root wore off early and I got dragged over into the hot corner, but my pet was level 50, so things were moving along pretty well. Without weaponizing though, my pet was just holding even with the slowed Construct so far: http://postimage.org/image/j864reawb/

I started to learn how annoying higher-level fights can be, as the Construct resisted 3 stuns in a row on me. But then I had better luck, plus charm was holding: http://postimage.org/image/v9pgt1ucn/

After another 30 seconds of semi-stunlock and 1 nuke (for good measure) later, the Construct was dead: http://postimage.org/image/kaj2092n1/

I camped out my pet and IVUd to check out warlord. He wasn't up, but as I saw earlier, pawbuster was. I got him down too, although I nearly bit the dust when charm broke and I was distracted trying to relull the other two bodyguards and was a bit slow getting a stun off. WTS pipe MQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i sure do love harmony in KC.

quick tip, pull the hand room mobs to the box room (safe area) and pull the pawbuster to just outside the door to his room. on the stairs is enough room to fight him and not have to worry about re-lulling the other bodyguards. with harmo I'd just fight them where they stand, but if i had to relul each one and there was a chance for a crit, i'd just pull the mobs to a safe area, since there are many.

also, sucks you had to hat from the construct the first time, but did you have to hat from those skeles? you probably could have trained them out and saved yourself the hassle of recharging your cap.

sounds like fun tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread