Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you have to hat from those skeles? you probably could have trained them out and saved yourself the hassle of recharging your cap.
Well does one ever really HAVE to hat from anything? My rune and berserker strength were down and I was near 50% hp IIRC, since in my rush to get away from the two dogs I picked up that invisible skele and a pathing buddy of his. I guess KC, of all places, would be the zone to err on the side of danger, since I am bound right outside and could fetch my body in seconds and could almost assuredly find a rez. But I'd still end up having to wait off rez effects and tip for the rez... so it is almost a wash even in the easiest of all zones to get a rez in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And here i thought my fights with the construct and warlord were chaotic, lol. Is interesting to see different strategies and tactics. I did these two completely different...I'm on my phone and it's annoying to type or else I'd tell my fun, cap intensive stories, lol.
For whatever reason, I'm a bit careless in KC. Probably familiarity with the zone making me overconfident. I had never been in HS except in groups in west where I just followed the leader and stabbed stuff, and I'd never been in seb except to get COTHed down to Trak... so I have better thought out and less eventful kills in those zones, it seems like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I definitely want to hear your stories when you're able to type them out, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[S] A Drolvarg warlord [52 Warrior, Karnors]
Just logged on (I had camped just outside the door to warlord room) to find 3 bodyguards and the warlord up. I lulled the three bodyguards, peeked into the room between ticks and dropped a dazzle on the warlord. Tashed him, mezed a bodyguard and petted him (glad I've had better luck finding level 51 bodyguards than the first time I saw a warlord up a couple days ago), debuffed warlord, used pet to break mez and pulled back to the door.

Things were going well, but I nearly sealed my fate, as you can see in this screenshot when I was TRYING to root the warlord... but actually fettered myself for a single tick. Heh: http://postimage.org/image/rpz7b16uj/

I got root on him after that though, but I was having issues staying out of melee range. I think the camera angles with third person in the little hallway were tricking me into thinking I was farther away from him than I actually was: http://postimage.org/image/mm7xmtvqj/

Fortunately this just meant that my pet, which I actually weaponized and hasted, was annihilating the warlord and not getting scratched himself. Somehere in there I did deal with a break, and the warlord resisted my first stun... but I had two loaded at the time so things were under control before he got more than two rounds off on me (WTB forlorn deeds!).

Finished up in not-great shape, like 60% hp and 20% mp, but considering I made a couple of mistakes along the way, oh well: http://postimage.org/image/bgo7sv5wr/
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-05-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

i guess my point with KC is that its so so easy to run to the zone out and live. even if LCY is camped, unless you pull half the zone, they'll probably think of it more as you pulling for them, rather than you training them. i usually just run out and jump off the walls into the water. this buys me just enough time to run/swim to the zone out

i need some new stories :P really gotta try my hand at the crypt. see if i can kill the ph's without strings (i think i can). but it'll be a fun challenge. maybe try FGs with a bat+midnight mallet, etc
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a good (and by good I mean TERRIBLE) story:

I'm in seb now, mainly looking for gangrenous scarab at the moment. This morning I ran back into the area behind there and was exploring a bit though, and ended up in what I thought was the room where the froglok bartender can spawn. Ilis wizard (I KNOW what ilis wizards are, but wtf it didn't cross my mind when I started the fight is beyond me) and a 45-ish shaman in the room. I charmed the sham, figuring I'd just suicide him and sit him to interrupt dots, and then suicide the wizard into the next room and camp aggro or something.

Lulled, petted, etc. Then when mez was still on pet, I tried to mez the ilis. Resist. Oh look, he's casting some ice nuke. Ran over to him but the stun was a bit slow, so I'm already down berserker strength and rune 5 and 40% of my hit points.

Pet got on him, rooted him near pet. Charm broke, got things back under control easily enough without losing BS again. Charm broke again before I could put rune back on. Ilis resisted stun. I misclicked my next spell and he landed another ice comet on me.

Oh well. There are clerics in zone and no see invis up between ent and my body. By the way, it turns out I was not in the room I thought I was. I was in a nothing room, NOT a room a named can spawn in.

Anyway, I go drag myself over to the top of the stairs right by where gangrenous can spawn and figure I'll loot my gear and re-clear the PH (stupid PH bug has popped like 8 times) while I look for a rez. But apparently, while playing in third person and invisible without see invis on myself, I was standing a bit too far back and I managed to aggro the two iksar necros there. Stunned them, thought there was only ONE of them on me so I single-target mezzed... then I got punched in the back for 136 a couple more times and was dead again.

So I invis back in there again, drag both my bodies to the room (it's a safe room, I think) at the entrance to the jail area and right click my geared body to loot up while I look for a rez... except it looted my naked body instead.

So now I'm not only asking for a rez, but I'm trying to find a cleric who will come to me to rez, and quickly too, since if I stood up from looting my naked corpse, it would poof and I'd be out a couple blues of xp.

Fortunately I did get a friendly cleric who got an invis from his group and came over and rezzed me. The name escapes me at the moment, but omfg thank you.

I would feel like a failure who is just lucking his way to these kills, but it really is pretty tricky to do these fights sitting at a kitchen counter on a crappy laptop with my wife and son distracting me all the time. Lol. Most of my deaths don't come from things just being tough, really, but from me not being careful enough in all of these places that I've never explored before while only 3/4 paying attention in the first place! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

The ilis in upper seb are PH. The stationary one in the disco is Gruplinort; the moving one further back is the commander.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I would feel like a failure who is just lucking his way to these kills, but it really is pretty tricky to do these fights sitting at a kitchen counter on a crappy laptop with my wife and son distracting me all the time. Lol. Most of my deaths don't come from things just being tough, really, but from me not being careful enough in all of these places that I've never explored before while only 3/4 paying attention in the first place!
Funny you mention that. I have died some ridiculous deaths even though I have done some cool fights as well. Accidentally falling from HS ent to HS basement and getting owned by the mobs comes to mind. The things I plan out and think through I usually beat, but carelessness and overconfidence has owned me more times than I would like to admit.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[S] Gangrenous Scarab [51 Warrior, Sebilis]
Took long enough to get the pecker to pop. I've been killing his PH (and any casters that popped in his room) for over 2 days now, probably 15+ PHs, and just now did he pop. Had one black sapphire and a bunch of normal gems off the PHs to show for it, and Daire got his ranger the mask off the beetle.

The fight wasn't pretty, though at least it wasn't entirely my fault for doing stupid things this time... I just had a mez resist, two stun resists, and a mez interrupted before I finally had control of things at the start of the fight.

I didn't think to look for my screenshot button until after I had parked mobs, charmed and buffed my pet, debuffed the bug, and put BS and rune back up: http://postimage.org/image/bm0trkk6b/

The rest of the fight went smoothly. I forgot to get a SS of the corpse/loot because I was re-rooting the mobs and talking to Qwin, but he'd vouch that his ranger got a shiny new beetle mask off of this poor scarab just seconds after this: http://postimage.org/image/didgumbs5/

The rest of sebilis will be a treat, I'm sure, since everything is harder plus I have absolutely no idea where I'm going or which mobs are PHs for the nameds and all that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

bump for awesome idea and for future reference on something of Trys'

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[S] Froglok Armorer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
Figured out which frog was his PH with /loc and the wiki, and he popped on the third clear. I had just been hanging out in the hallway outside, camping in and out invis (a dar someone had used as a pet was pathing, so no see invis there), and when named popped I lulled the krup and armorer, petted the bok, weapons, buffs, mez armorer, debuffs. No charm breaks, dead armorer.

I forgot to SS the loot screen again, but at least I remembered to take one before I camped/gated: http://postimage.org/image/t7r8g6eld/

One more kill for disciple! Although I'm going to do the whole tier I think, and then make 60, then worry about master [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like you aren't having many problems with the Disciple rank Tecmos, so with two more levels the master rank shouldn't be too bad.

Definitely try to pick up Bedlam! A great spell.

P.S. Find me a Blade of the Black Dragon Eye Trys!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Now I know that it gets to be like a broken record with how I keep saying "I've never been to any of these places" ... but if it weren't true, I wouldn't end up with fun (I think it's fun, anyway) stories like this to share:

I figured I'd go check out the froglok pickler, see if he is up or if I can get him to pop. After dealing with some see invis frogs on the way in, plus a poorly-timed, accidental right-click on a PC corpse, I find the room. Krup shaman, krup knight, dar knight. I figure I'll just suicide the shaman on the other two then see what I need to do from there to get the other two deaded.

Just about the time I get stuff rooted where I want, debuffed, etc., the krup shaman breaks charm. And at the same time, guess who comes hopping around the corner as a surprise guest? The commander.

I think I got lucky, cause my first mez stuck on him so he never even got to me before I locked everything down and gated out. But yeah. Was QUITE a surprise to see a level 55 from the next tier come into view as I'm trying to clear out for the pickler. Fountree had /ooced earlier that he was up, now that I think about it, but I didn't think he'd be pathing around to other named spawns, so I just forgot about it.

Good times!

Aren't you guys glad you encouraged me to share my stories? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit - and on a related note, it IS remarkable how an enchanter can just galavant around in the depths of the nastiest dungeons in the game with almost total impunity. I find myself wishing I had a necromancer or a shaman also, so that I could do the challenge with another class to see how it plays out differently.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-07-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Closed Thread