Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

I don't care about all this crying. As far as I'm concerned whoever is going to engage with the fewest players deserves the pull.

I am interested in fraps of kill if you have, Or a run down of strat/fight? What clickies did you use?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Has anyone here ever managed to solo Phinigel? I was wondering if a cleric with puppet strings could do it?
Find best possible pet to drag down to lair. Someone else would have to pull Phinney up or distract seahorses. DA tank Phinney while charmed pet hits from behind (Phinney should only dispel who he's attacking) When both DAs wear off just self heal with quick heals as long as you can til pet can dps him down.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone here ever managed to solo Phinigel? I was wondering if a cleric with puppet strings could do it?
Find best possible pet to drag down to lair. Someone else would have to pull Phinney up or distract seahorses. DA tank Phinney while charmed pet hits from behind (Phinney should only dispel who he's attacking) When both DAs wear off just self heal with quick heals as long as you can til pet can dps him down.
If your strat involves someone else's help doesn't that (at least logically if not by the rules of the contest) disqualify it as a solo?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your strat involves someone else's help doesn't that (at least logically if not by the rules of the contest) disqualify it as a solo?
people post asterisked kills plenty, where the pull was assisted or invis pulling was used (when this worked).
Old 06-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Fire Giant

I bet I could probably be able to solo pull Phinigel with the pet, but I don't think I'd have a single chance to solo Phinigel, even more that I'd have to use Rez Box pull and i'd be oom on engage. He dispels way too much to land either a normal CH or a BP CH on a pet, pet would just brake then I would be eaten alive. In the case someone would help with the pull, it would be the same thing, dispells too much and DA tanking doesnt work since it would just attack the pet. Phinigel probably takes 15mins to kill with a epic mage so I don't think there's any mob that could damage Phinigel fast enough in any case.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 06-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By chance fraps it? Pretty awsome. Didn't think that was doable. How long did kill take?
It shouldn't be doable.

Quote:
There was trouble with this coding for quite some time durring my internship for SOE pre-velious. It was refrered to jokingly as the rules for disengagement (sp?) it was met under the following conditions:

1.) if target= >25% HP and distance = not visible (outside of the max clip plane of a player) then /disengage (retain aggro list)
2.) if target - >25% HP and distance from spawn = > not visible from pathing then /disengage (retain aggro list)
3.) if mob <50% and Player >50% and distance between mob and player increasing at not visible from pathing for more then 60 seconds then /disengage (retain aggro list)
http://www.project1999.com/forums/ar...p/t-44743.html
Last edited by Ikonoclastia; 06-17-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

You could solo him with a monk if you were allowed a pocket bard for resists, maybe even without one. Liia could maybe pull the pet thing off with bracer of hidden and blazing arms chain clicking.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

The dispell does 4 slots at a time I think.

I *thought* his dispell was only single target, but here it is AE. Which would allow for you to tank it and let pet crush from behind.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

was only 2 slot the last time i killed him, used monk bard and cleric and iirc the cleric just stood around watching.