Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... I can only speak for myself. I don't really know them that well just joined randomly when I grouped with them in MM the other day. But what I can say is that it is possible to have a low level twink that isn't in a raiding guild.

So don't go persecuting people with no evidence. In any case I trust that Rogean knows what he is doing when he bans people.
I'm not persecuting anyone or making any assumptions about any guilds. However, there are ways of telling RMTers from regular twinks. When a cleric has horrible gear in just about every spot and an epic, it isn't that hard to figure out.

That said, I've grouped with many members of DW in the past couple weeks and as a whole they've been very decent folks. Just an unusual number of obvious RMT. No need for me to sugarcoat that, it's been confirmed by the guy who runs the server.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not persecuting anyone or making any assumptions about any guilds. However, there are ways of telling RMTers from regular twinks. When a cleric has horrible gear in just about every spot and an epic, it isn't that hard to figure out.

That said, I've grouped with many members of DW in the past couple weeks and as a whole they've been very decent folks. Just an unusual number of obvious RMT. No need for me to sugarcoat that, it's been confirmed by the guy who runs the server.
You just described my cleric a year ago. wasn't rmt'd. just bought when prices on epic mq's were low. bad logic is bad.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We've recruited a very large number of people. If they're not sporting an epic when we invite them, and we don't spend more time with them, then they won't get caught by us. When you invite 80 people, the chances are far greater that some of them will be jerks. But we do TRY to chat with them before invites.

It's a numbers thing. And honestly? This sort of thing never occurred to me. It's old school EQ... it's hard to imagine cheaters CARING to play it, lol. I mean, part of the charm of old EQ is that it's slow to play, requires patience and strategy, etc. etc.

PLEASE, please, please, if you see someone you suspect is one of these people, tell Healover or Dibbons or myself. We don't tolerate this knowingly, let me assure you!!

On the subject of giveaways. I feel really slightly amused as well as irritated by that. We have giveaways of things like a savant's cap. A sarnak emblazoned tabard... come on, people. This is newbie junk easily acquired. To a level 20 person, that may be junk, but to a lvl 2, it's EPIC. Let's not blow this out of proportion. A sarnak tabard isn't a fungi tunic and a fine steel weapon isn't an FBSS.

I was given a book of Obulus by a random stranger. He was SO pleased and grateful that I was remembering the newbies in the far land of everfrost (so often forgotten by high level buffers), that he just GAVE it to me. That's the way old EQ was. THAT is what I remember about EQ. That spirit of kindness and sharing and giving is my strongest memory and impression of EQ in the early years. Because I was given this tremendous (TO ME) gift doesn't mean either me or that wonderful person has anything at all to do with RMT. I assure you that I don't. It offends and outrages me.

So please lets not use kindness and generosity of "midrange junk" gifting to newbies as an excuse to demonize everyone in the guild. Because I gave someone some blackened iron doesn't make me an evil person. I say it makes me the opposite. But that's just me.
Last edited by Nimmanu; 02-15-2015 at 10:13 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Oh my! I just made a (correct) observation.. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

Respectfully withdraw from further conversation.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Orc

I apologize if I sound upset. I'm simply standing up for my guild, which I feel very attached to. I care about it, and it's hurtful to see a GM blanket paint it in what seems a casual and uncaring manner.

Those of us good, decent, caring people were painted by that brush. I feel awful! My stomach is twisted in knots thanks to the people who did that while wearing our tag. It's a painful and unpleasant feeling to be exposed to drama and unfair accusations due to horrible behavior by people you can't control.

I'm proud to wear the tag I do, and I want to remain so. My answer to that is to stand up for the guild I feel very good about being part of (and no dirtbags can change that!!). This guild belongs to the good ones in it, not those others.
Last edited by Nimmanu; 02-15-2015 at 10:26 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

From another board which shall remain nameless:
Quote:
I myself have managed to escape unscathed. The majority of my customers who only utilize my services and follow my recommended security procedures also escaped. As far as I can tell none of my methods have gotten anybody banned. So as of now, I am still in the game. What stock I had/have is already almost depleted as it was purchased following the wave buy some who had lost and some were purchasing for first time.
Yes that's right. In less than four hours after the bans people were just so desperate for their RMT fix that they decided to descend on this plat seller's store en masse and completely empty him out.

These tears are delicious. Thanks for all your hard work, Rogean.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes that's right. In less than four hours after the bans people were just so desperate for their RMT fix that they decided to descend on this plat seller's store en masse and completely empty him out.

Lol to that guy that thinks the newb ranting in RnF about being scammed is the reason this all went down. Some people are just morons.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is great
Old 02-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's hurtful to see a GM blanket paint Dark Winter. We have good members.
I'm proud to wear the tag I do, and I want to remain so. This guild belongs to the good ones in it, not those others.
Rogean confirm the # please.
but wasn't it like 93% of that guild was RMT.
So blanket painted that one pretty spot on.
93% bad 7% good and Nimmanu says paint it good.

Great call Doil Boil. You was spot on.

If you don't want to be known as one of the biggest RMT guild. I'd rename.
Currently you are <RMT Winter>
Old 02-15-2015, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This made my Evening/Morning