Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Orc

Default Are the West Karana Bandit Camps really THAT popular?

Trying to find a better place to grind to 14 on my Druid than sitting in Blackburrow killing LB's/Green mobs for minimal exp and fangs. Plus, it seems to be plagued with random lvl 20+ twinks two-hitting things, probably for fangs(?). So I decide to have the bright idea of trying out WK; I've never really tried hunting there and it always seemed like it's dead from the few times I've been in it on this server (it was ALWAYS dead on live for me).

I look up the map, find the cozy bandit farm and start killing. Not two minutes into the killing, the ogre that's been two-shotting gnolls in BB for the past few days randomly shows up and starts killing mobs, which prompts me to assert myself into the camp by pulling another one (even though there are bodies strewn along the ground from my previous victims). Of course, I accidentally pull 2 at half mana because I got bullish and ended up wiping. *sigh*.

Ok whatever, let's go for round 2. Run back and loot my corpse and get into a groove of breaking the camp (no ogre in sight). Have the camp for about an hour (there are, surprisingly, a few CC calls in OOC). I return the CC with "Bandit Farm." No problem. Then randomly, during a med, some red con mage comes up and starts destroying the camp (I'm hidden at this point to avoid aggro, but bodies are still around to show someone's there). He cleans the camp. Well, ok, I guess the camp is broken now and the guy runs off somewhere else.

Get about another hour on the camp uninterrupted, end of screwing up another pull and dying. I am gone for all of 5 minutes (bound in Qeynos) on a CR and I come back to two lvl 9's at the camp (and all of these bandits are deep blue or white cons to me at 11/12). I suppose it's theirs now, but geez, are the bandits really THAT popular?

For people who might want to console me by saying, "Why don't you just group with them? You'd be able to get exp and kill mobs faster," I say to you, "No, solo exp is probably much better, I get to keep the loot (and sashes), and I don't have to put effort into typing and being cordial (I'm mostly a casual player who doesn't get time to group, and I'm ok with that).

In closing, let's try not to take camps from people when their bodies are still warm. And yes, I know I could've probably just talked to everyone about not taking from the camp, but I hate conflict and would rather just bottle it up until I explode on a post on some forum or something.

/end rant. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

60 Cleric - Toradol Ketorolac
53 Druid - Ivermectin

<Fires of Heaven>
Old 01-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Crushbone if you're willing to travel. Can stay there til around 18.. Then unrest is right up the road.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide.

There are plenty of hunting spots in Norath (including two other bandit camps in WK), so if the bandit camp you are at is too crowded just try somewhere else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crushbone if you're willing to travel. Can stay there til around 18.. Then unrest is right up the road.
didnt even read the post
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Orc

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll probably stick around Qeynos (my jam back in the day) for now and head to EK at 14 for charm-kiting.

All the other bandit camps were taken when CC'd. I figure it's just part of having less content than live and a steady group of people who play all the time. It is slightly cool to see competition, even at low levels. Brings back some good memories.

60 Cleric - Toradol Ketorolac
53 Druid - Ivermectin

<Fires of Heaven>
Old 01-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

every time i level a new alt in the qeynos area, which is all of em (<3 qeynos), i see that same crap. folks really should leave when the xp from killing them dries up. the bandits start turning "light blue" green at 15 i think?? and still give xp up till 17 though it gets very slow, like 6-7 bandits per 1% xp.

i move on to a few camps not on the map if i see people who actually get xp from the bandits trying to kill them, pricks gonna prick though i spose.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Banned

Sucks, didnt know they were that popular. I mean seeing how the sashes dont stack i didnt see it being a super occupied camp. I was looking to hit that shit on my alt for nostalgia fun times
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

They don't really need to stack to be effective turn-ins. I mean, at that level you've got a bag in every inventory slot, no clickies, no resist gear, no cap/hammer/nets, etc. etc. 1/2 bag for supplies, 75 bag slots for belts!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

There are a couple other bandit camps in WK besides the one closest to Qeynos that everyone always hangs out at. It's a huge zone. Explore a little and you might be surprised at what you find. If you're absolutely dead set on bandits and ALL the WK bandits are taken you can also find them in NK, Lake Rathe, and even as far away as Rathe Mountains.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Banned

Is the ogres name anything like "abacab"? Lol
Closed Thread