Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Default VR Streaming pre-alpha Pantheon MMORPG Gameplay

Hey folks,

Just a reminder to those that are following the upcoming MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, the Visionary Realms team that includes Brad McQuaid one of the creators of EverQuest, will be streaming gameplay of Black Dagger Keep and a new dungeon.

Here's the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the reminder friend. Love seeing how Pantheon is comes along.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Banned

When is this being streamed?
Old 06-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Stream is going on now. Not sure how longs its been on just tuned in. If you look at the chat box ingame though it looks just like EQ lol.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:54 PM
Banned

Wow really good stream... Patheon : GET CHUNKED!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

good shit
Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

I missed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Sarnak

Check their YouTube channel. They posted it
Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I managed to watch the whole stream and even got some of my questions answered by Kilsin, who was hanging out chatting with the up to 1000 viewers during the broadcast. Kilsin currently my favorite dev right now. He trained everyone on stream and got DTed, it was great.

Important points mentioned:

- The death penalty will be somewhere between Vanguard and vanilla EQ, but nothing has been developed just yet. There WILL be CRs and they are going to make places dangerous.

- This game will have several different and highly interesting systems: perception system, extreme environment system, disposition system, atmosphere system, and more. (Discussed on the video by the devs, in small pieces)

Perception system: When you go through an area, you will trigger little messages that simulate your character noticing something about their environment. Sometimes this just adds color, sometimes it leads to something more. During the stream, they walked past a broken column and got something along the lines of "This pillar looks ancient". Later, they ran into a locked door, so they returned to the pillar and wandered around it until they saw "something gleaming in the rubble", and eventually a tiny golden key popped up that they used to get through the door.

Disposition system: Pertaining to mob diversity and behavior. I don't think it's currently running on the pre-alpha just yet. Basically, mobs will drop diverse loot and behave according to certain traits, ie a mob that is afraid of fire will cower if you bring a torch close to them. They will also spawn at different times, like a day/night crowd, or a seasonal set of spawns based on time of year, or event-driven spawns.

Extreme environment system: Harsh weather conditions WILL have an effect on your character, unless you're properly prepared.

Atmosphere system: Mostly for ambiance. In the stream, the group went up to the top of a fort/castle and we got to see an epic landscape. Rather than distant landmarks being rendered with unnatural crispness and clarity, they have it so the farther away things are, the dimmer and mistier they appear. This simulates real world landscapes. (Several games have this sort of thing already. EQ's atmospheres are rudimentary at best, so this will seem pretty awesome in comparison.)

Body type system: Some types of weapons will be less effective on certain mobs than others. (Right now an axe is bad vs skeletons, which is kinda weird even to some of the devs.)

- Mentioned in the previous stream is some sort of mana color system. No extra details on this stream, but on the last I believe they said there will be areas with colored auras that will help you regen a certain type of mana at a faster rate.

- No gender locked classes, we did not get an answer on race locks that I recall (but I might've missed it since there were so many people in chat). I'm guessing there will be race locks, because as someone rightfully pointed out, ogre wizards make no sense. (I had no idea gender locks were a thing, but evidently some idiot out there thought that would be a great idea.)

- They are going to make the crafting system more important to gameplay/the community (I'M THERE, YEESSSSSS)

- Zones will be HUGE, though you will still get the loading screen when transitioning between them. The devs want it to be an open world exploration.

- They're making a faction system at the moment.

- No maps, generally very few helper tools. There's an unobtrusive quest journal to keep track of things.

- Some classes will have teleport spells.

- Pets aren't in the alpha yet but they will eventually be in-game.

- Brad cried a little when they got him to nerf his Fiery Avenger before the stream.

- Right now they display dev numbers but it seems like a lot of numbers things will be hidden for actual players.

- There will be epic quests for classes

- There will be a volunteer guide system put in place.

- I think there will be PvP, but it's far off into the future at the moment. They're still working on class balance for PvE.

Conclusions

Pantheon so far is a lot like EQ, but there are elements in there that I recognize from DAoC (classic), like the body type system and so on. People who play more MMOs than I do would be able to comment more on it, but to me the game is looking pretty good. I'm going to keep watching their streams and asking questions.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 06-24-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Old 06-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I managed to watch the whole stream and even got some of my questions answered by Kilsin, who was hanging out chatting with the up to 1000 viewers during the broadcast. Kilsin currently my favorite dev right now. He trained everyone on stream and got DTed, it was great.

Important points mentioned:

- The death penalty will be somewhere between Vanguard and vanilla EQ, but nothing has been developed just yet. There WILL be CRs and they are going to make places dangerous.

- This game will have several different and highly interesting systems: perception system, extreme environment system, disposition system, atmosphere system, and more. (Discussed on the video by the devs, in small pieces)

Perception system: When you go through an area, you will trigger little messages that simulate your character noticing something about their environment. Sometimes this just adds color, sometimes it leads to something more. During the stream, they walked past a broken column and got something along the lines of "This pillar looks ancient". Later, they ran into a locked door, so they returned to the pillar and wandered around it until they saw "something gleaming in the rubble", and eventually a tiny golden key popped up that they used to get through the door.

Disposition system: Pertaining to mob diversity and behavior. I don't think it's currently running on the pre-alpha just yet. Basically, mobs will drop diverse loot and behave according to certain traits, ie a mob that is afraid of fire will cower if you bring a torch close to them. They will also spawn at different times, like a day/night crowd, or a seasonal set of spawns based on time of year, or event-driven spawns.

Extreme environment system: Harsh weather conditions WILL have an effect on your character, unless you're properly prepared.

Atmosphere system: Mostly for ambiance. In the stream, the group went up to the top of a fort/castle and we got to see an epic landscape. Rather than distant landmarks being rendered with unnatural crispness and clarity, they have it so the farther away things are, the dimmer and mistier they appear. This simulates real world landscapes. (Several games have this sort of thing already. EQ's atmospheres are rudimentary at best, so this will seem pretty awesome in comparison.)

Body type system: Some types of weapons will be less effective on certain mobs than others. (Right now an axe is bad vs skeletons, which is kinda weird even to some of the devs.)

- Mentioned in the previous stream is some sort of mana color system. No extra details on this stream, but on the last I believe they said there will be areas with colored auras that will help you regen a certain type of mana at a faster rate.

- No gender locked classes, we did not get an answer on race locks that I recall (but I might've missed it since there were so many people in chat). I'm guessing there will be race locks, because as someone rightfully pointed out, ogre wizards make no sense. (I had no idea gender locks were a thing, but evidently some idiot out there thought that would be a great idea.)

- They are going to make the crafting system more important to gameplay/the community (I'M THERE, YEESSSSSS)

- Zones will be HUGE, though you will still get the loading screen when transitioning between them. The devs want it to be an open world exploration.

- They're making a faction system at the moment.

- No maps, generally very few helper tools. There's an unobtrusive quest journal to keep track of things.

- Some classes will have teleport spells.

- Pets aren't in the alpha yet but they will eventually be in-game.

- Brad cried a little when they got him to nerf his Fiery Avenger before the stream.

- Right now they display dev numbers but it seems like a lot of numbers things will be hidden for actual players.

- There will be epic quests for classes

- There will be a volunteer guide system put in place.

- I think there will be PvP, but it's far off into the future at the moment. They're still working on class balance for PvE.

Conclusions

Pantheon so far is a lot like EQ, but there are elements in there that I recognize from DAoC (classic), like the body type system and so on. People who play more MMOs than I do would be able to comment more on it, but to me the game is looking pretty good. I'm going to keep watching their streams and asking questions.
Pantheon will be the EQ successor people were waiting for. In Otherwards.... GET CHUNKED!
Closed Thread