Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pure repops would fix so much stuff.

No poop socking, CotH ducking, too many trackers, FTE with trackers, staring at a wall for 16 hours and calling it competition.

If it were pure FFA with no bag limits it would show who is the superior raid crew. The one that can get kills without zerging and losing tons of people, quickly mobilize between targets, and maximize their haul per Repop.

But last I heard the neckbeards complained that such a system would leave them nothing in-game to do if they don't have the opportunity to track for multiple 16-hour windows a week. Which is quite possibly the most pathetic argument ever made on this server.

100% for a pure FFA repop system that spawns everything together and no class system.
Yep, repops are the only solution IMO. Then you just have your script delete half the loot on the mob and do 4 repops a week. I really don't see how anyone could think this would not be a huge improvement, unless you have 2 brain cells like Clark.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha you're such a clown.

You're right nothing every rots, TMO doesn't have guild banks stuff with shit they will never need, they don't have alt armies for old world dragons, TMO never sells pixels nor have they ever killed mobs to prevent others access to keys or quest items!
Nothing ever rots, it just stacks up in their guildbank so it can them be donated for the cheeeeldren.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as you can see from Catherine's raid discussion thread, it gets kind of confusing which posts are actual rules, laws, or mere suggestions.
Yes, but exactly how far do you really need to define not getting instant FTE? "Don't get agro if you are tracking" seems to cover it. Sirken's blanket post doesn't assume anyone has done anything to faction up and leaves it as simple as don't fuck up.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing ever rots, it just stacks up in their guildbank so it can them be donated for the cheeeeldren.
I don't have my epic.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha you're such a clown.

You're right nothing every rots, TMO doesn't have guild banks stuff with shit they will never need, they don't have alt armies for old world dragons, TMO never sells pixels nor have they ever killed mobs to prevent others access to keys or quest items!
Clown. How often do you think Crown of Rile drops, Donal's? Wiz Epic staves? Mage Epic pieces?

Sure shit rotts. Its those rare items we need. Do you think Crown of riles or PD robes are going to alts? Does someone who sticks around to help those less geared members get gear not deserve a green scale from sev for some alt they play?

You just seem to think you deserve alot more than you do. Why do you deserve something over others? What makes you special...what effort do you put in?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF a staff member cant stay out of RNF, how can you possibly defend that rule?

staff members go all out with their slam dunk pics when someone is asking for rules clarification and somehow you cant point out that they might be fat?

get fucked ele
Quote:
confirmed mad
Old 10-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, repops are the only solution IMO. Then you just have your script delete half the loot on the mob and do 4 repops a week. I really don't see how anyone could think this would not be a huge improvement, unless you have 2 brain cells like Clark.
I'm a little less sold on 4 repops a week.

I do agree that if Repop rate increases and normal respawn eradicated, the item flow needs to be kept constant.

I think 5-6 repops a month or 1-2 a week should work fine without flooding too many items.

Would be fantastic to never heard the word "tracking" and "effort" in the same sentence again.

Sign me up for RepopQuest please. Actually playing for an hour during a repop is vastly superior to staring at a screen for 15 hours during a window... If you disagree, get a CAT scan.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of you really have no idea how unbelievably good you have it with the current staff. Most of us put part-time job hours into CSR work each week as an absolute minimum. It's not unheard or even uncommon to have 40-hour+ CSR weeks. We don't even like handling all your raid bullshit - as far as we are concerned, there is no reason you can't work it out on your own. I've seen better conflict resolution from toddlers. I sincerely wish that were a joke.

I am not fucking laughing.

The sad part is that we still go to great lengths to ensure that even the most obstinate, disrespectful, whiny piece of shit gets proper support both in-game and on the forums. We actually demand it from our staff, and require that personal bias be removed from any submitted petition. I request another staff member to check my work if I need to handle a situation involving someone I have built a rapport with, just to be sure I'm not unintentionally showing them favortism. Sirken will often pass petitions on to others if he feels he'll be unable to handle it fairly. Anyone basing their insinuations of "bias" on January's raid dispute talks are unaware that they never would have taken place at all if we hadn't been vocally empathetic to your guilds' situation prior to the changes. Literally nothing would have ever changed if we hadn't continually made it an issue with Rogean, until he grew concerned enough with our frustration to force changes beneficial to all of you.

I've fought hard for your ability to voice your opinion on these forums as long as it's done respectfully, something that hasn't always been possible with older staff. The old "don't talk badly about staff" rules were rigidly enforced prior to my insistence that only the most extreme or excessive opinions be removed. Maybe everyone has forgotten just how bad it's been at times in this servers history. The very same people talking about how horrible and biased we are only do so by the grace of our own ability to not be affected by caustic rhetoric and outright false accusations. You're welcome for the ability to do so, btw. I hope you continue to exercise and enjoy that freedom.

I can more or less see the real truth behind every last bit of Project 1999 drama that has ever occurred on this server stretching back to it's inception. I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that there is no actual favortism present on the server at this time, and that many of you have never truly experienced the atrocities you now insist ruin the server or affect your enjoyment of the game.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled kicking and screaming and crying while receiving excellent customer support by a caring customer service staff free of bias or an agenda. Please be sure to call for our immediate removal and public ass-fucking any time you're unhappy with a decision we've made, an error occurs, or a mistake is made. As always, we appreciate these tears, as they continue to fuel nilbog's tiny army of half-elf robots currently being prepared to take over the world - at this rate, we'll be able to cover every continent in 1 foot tall laser-equipped metal clad automatons of retribution and violence right around Velious release.
how about less dealing with Catherin the whiney cunt and more unbanning my account thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its almost like there is more to this game than the raid scence.......
I think for the most part the rest of classic eq is fun, but the raid scene is awful.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Repops take 1-2 hours. 4 repops a week means 8 hours a week raiding. The big problem with only 1 a week is that if you miss it you are kinda screwed there.
Closed Thread