Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ will be in the news again when someone's heart gives out after playing for 150 consecutive hours.
I know some bregans that are going to be taking a few days off at launch.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly we do go after more than 4 mobs I didn't think I'd have to list every single one. I gave an example of a top tier mob and a bottom tier mob. Clearly.

Clearly, you didn't answer my question. Clearly nothing makes TMO special, other than the effort we are willing to put in to get those mobs. So if people are inherently equal the ones who try harder will have more success (mostly). So again.. what makes you special?

Can I get a logical response from you; all you seem capable of his e-yelling.
Nothing makes me special.

Which is precisely my point. You shouldn't have to be "special" to experience end game content on a free to play version of a 15 year old game. After more than three years the same small minority shouldn't control the majority of content.

I'm calling you greedy. I've been calling you greedy. You're an entitled douche that thinks because they can throw the greatest amount of time at it, they have claim to it as long as the want. Something I was CLEARLY alluding to when commenting that TMO goes after more than 4 mobs.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing makes me special.

Which is precisely my point. You shouldn't have to be "special" to experience end game content on a free to play version of a 15 year old game. After more than three years the same small minority shouldn't control the majority of content.

I'm calling you greedy. I've been calling you greedy. You're an entitled douche that thinks because they can throw the greatest amount of time at it, they have claim to it as long as the want. Something I was CLEARLY alluding to when commenting that TMO goes after more than 4 mobs.
Alarti is a special boy.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Take a step back and realize that your position which is essentially "might is right" is unacceptable in virtually any other social interaction.

TMO is a bully that won't share
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

And to clarify just for fun...

They bully by being more willing to spend days staring a walls and waking up at absurd hours.

They won't share pixels in a free to play 15 year old emulator.

Who the fuck would want to "earn" that?
Old 10-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Again, your argument held water a year ago. Have you even played P99 since January?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take a step back and realize that your position which is essentially "might is right" is unacceptable in virtually any other social interaction.

TMO is a bully that won't share
This is a game of force. Not much more to it. A little bit of politics now and drama. But mostly force.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, your argument held water a year ago. Have you even played P99 since January?
I had assumed we were all discussing setting a Class R rotation in VP too as its been pretty well established that TMO are selfish children that can't share content after 3+ years of dominating it and have to be forced to let others experience it.

Altari has established that not *every single* one of their raiders is fully VP equipped so obviously he has no intention of spreading the pixel love.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
40 hours to CSR
40 hours to RNF
40 hours talking to umbrella on skype

not much time for exercise
confirmed mad, sad, fat
Thanks for highlighting everything I just said about why people like you don't deserve the privilege of playing here while demonstrating how much I care about people's ability to play here more perfectly than I ever could. We've been able to suspend/ban people for their actions on the forums for quite some time now, yet your account remains active, so at this point you're just screwing yourself before anyone is even able to gawk at your tinfoil theories and poorly constructed insults.

It's like you shoot yourself in an extremity every-time you open your mouth, and it just gets progressively worse as time goes on. Eventually Chest is going to get a call from the coroner explaining how you died from massive blood loss via the impossible ass-reaming you gave yourself while posting on this forum. Doctors will be baffled by this for centuries to come, the completion of the act itself remaining a mystery until the end of time.

I'd never thought I'd say this but I'm going to recommend Kagatob's Forumquest101 course. I've never actually sent anyone there, any he may not even take you, but with some luck and a bit of effort we may just save a young man's life. Good luck.

As a side note, my rant was only aimed at a small minority present on this server. The rest of you guys totally make it all worth it to let you keep enjoying this game we all love. I just kinda assumed everyone understood that, but then anthrax reminded me to never overestimate the intelligence of people on the internet. <3
Old 10-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a game of force. Not much more to it. A little bit of politics now and drama. But mostly force.
It shouldn't be that way in a free to play emulated version of a 15 year old game, especially after they've had unrestricted access to it for over 3 years now. Maybe I missed the memo though were Rogean detailed his plan to develop vanilla EQ raiding but only for people that could devote ungodly amounts of time to it.

Seems to me recent GM interaction doesn't support that theory though.
Closed Thread