Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It shouldn't be that way in a free to play emulated version of a 15 year old game, especially after they've had unrestricted access to it for over 3 years now. Maybe I missed the memo though were Rogean detailed his plan to develop vanilla EQ raiding but only for people that could devote ungodly amounts of time to it.

Seems to me recent GM interaction doesn't support that theory though.
all you gotta do is join TMO (or maybe IB , not sure who's winning atm)
Old 10-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually Chest is going to get a call from the coroner explaining how you died from massive blood loss via the impossible ass-reaming you gave yourself while posting on this forum.
Lulz
Old 10-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Anthrax doesn't even post a quarter of the shit he actually wants to post.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for highlighting everything I just said about why people like you don't deserve the privilege of playing here while demonstrating how much I care about people's ability to play here more perfectly than I ever could. We've been able to suspend/ban people for their actions on the forums for quite some time now, yet your account remains active, so at this point you're just screwing yourself before anyone is even able to gawk at your tinfoil theories and poorly constructed insults.

It's like you shoot yourself in an extremity every-time you open your mouth, and it just gets progressively worse as time goes on. Eventually Chest is going to get a call from the coroner explaining how you died from massive blood loss via the impossible ass-reaming you gave yourself while posting on this forum. Doctors will be baffled by this for centuries to come, the completion of the act itself remaining a mystery until the end of time.

I'd never thought I'd say this but I'm going to recommend Kagatob's Forumquest101 course. I've never actually sent anyone there, any he may not even take you, but with some luck and a bit of effort we may just save a young man's life. Good luck.

As a side note, my rant was only aimed at a small minority present on this server. The rest of you guys totally make it all worth it to let you keep enjoying this game we all love. I just kinda assumed everyone understood that, but then anthrax reminded me to never overestimate the intelligence of people on the internet. <3
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had assumed we were all discussing setting a Class R rotation in VP too as its been pretty well established that TMO are selfish children that can't share content after 3+ years of dominating it and have to be forced to let others experience it.

Altari has established that not *every single* one of their raiders is fully VP equipped so obviously he has no intention of spreading the pixel love.
TMO, believe it or not, has no say whether or not Class R kills mobs in VP. The staff has maintained that they consider VP a Class C privilege and an incentive for other guilds to move to Class C. We're obviously fine with that, but don't say that we have any iron grip on raid content any more. It simply isn't true.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

As much as i want to be wrong this server is going to be a absolute clusterfuck once velious comes out.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO, believe it or not, has no say whether or not Class R kills mobs in VP. The staff has maintained that they consider VP a Class C privilege and an incentive for other guilds to move to Class C. We're obviously fine with that, but don't say that we have any iron grip on raid content any more. It simply isn't true.
It's only not true because you been forced into sharing by GM imposed ruleset. However, that same rule set that keep your from gobbling up all the lower tier raid content also discourages class r guilds from attempting class c content as there is no mechanism to allow them to revert to class r status should they fail.

A better system would be to have all content FFA for a time period after it is introduced and then have it all revert to a rotation past a certain point.

TMO/IB could fight over it for the first year then it would enter a rotation for everyone to experience.

VP being over 3 years old and basically only being farmed by the same small minority is dumb.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's only not true because you been forced into sharing by GM imposed ruleset. However, that same rule set that keep your from gobbling up all the lower tier raid content also discourages class r guilds from attempting class c content as there is no mechanism to allow them to revert to class r status should they fail.

A better system would be to have all content FFA for a time period after it is introduced and then have it all revert to a rotation past a certain point.

TMO/IB could fight over it for the first year then it would enter a rotation for everyone to experience.

VP being over 3 years old and basically only being farmed by the same small minority is dumb.
False. The only thing that really kept more guilds from competing before was the very long variance windows. Also the sim repops helped. The Class C/R/FFA cycle helps, but honestly the things that made the biggest difference for guilds killing more than they did before was the shortening of windows and the repops.

Sure the cycles have supplied an average of about 3 to 4 mobs a week to other guilds, but BDA and Taken were getting 1 or 2 a week before the changes at times. Not consistently all the time, but they had success at times for the mobs they competed for. If the windows were 16 hours then they could have focused efforts on more than 1 mob a week. If Sim repops happened then they would have gotten more kills being prepared for them. They also wouldn't have the restriction of going to a certain class and being locked into a rotation and could kill any mob on a repop if that was in place before.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

If were devolving to tmo bashing, tbh they were a p chill guild back in 2010
Old 10-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

You guys really don't understand what made the biggest change to helping all guilds in this discussion. Go look at the raid.php it isn't because 3 mobs are marked R this week. It's the windows and repops.
Closed Thread