Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Skeleton

Default Good time to go to classic Runnyeye

We are a Monk and Shaman (currently level 14) who would like to explore classic Runnyeye for the first time. Having never experienced it I'd be keen to know what level range is a good time to venture in either as a duo or for potential to join a group? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

No one is in Runnyeye, if you are going you are going to need to bring your own group, people dont go there because its challenging and not worth the effort, now that the servers are split its almost guaranteed no one will step foot in there.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 11-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

The first level is easy mobs low level.
The lower levels past first are in their teens I believe and there are a LOT of mobs pathing around. Quite dangerous but extremely rewarding if you're able to kill them.

I recommend getting 4-6 people to pull it off.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

I tried runnyeye sat night. Borxx makes it pretty difficult. He wanders from the King/lord room on the bottom floor to somewhere on the second floor. High aggro radius and level 35'ish make this area pretty dangerous.

Sure would be nice if some higher levels would go slay him to open this spot up.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

It's my understanding that this is pre-revamp runneye and much lower level than normal, like blackburrow+ (11-14 tops?)
Old 11-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Is there nothing in runnyeye to entice people there? The items are bad?
Old 11-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Aviak

The issue is more than likely the fact that we STILL after 10+ years are using the new code introduced post PoP that completely changed npc enemy caster AI and made them fucking dangerous.

Classic casters were very to the point -- Force shock, Tash, Malo, root, gate, and very little else other than self healing with gimp heals. npc casters on live were considered bonus exp mobs because they were weak and couldnt put up the fight a krup knight could in comparison.

But here super caster AI makes most dungeons like paw and runnyeye and their ilk much more torturous than intended.

I hope one day we'll go back to FROOOOAAAK *you resist Force shock* but i wouldnt hold my breath.

The chain drops and deeper wisdom items (chrysoberyl talisman etc) are very good, and defintely worth a peak.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried runnyeye sat night. Borxx makes it pretty difficult. He wanders from the King/lord room on the bottom floor to somewhere on the second floor. High aggro radius and level 35'ish make this area pretty dangerous.

Sure would be nice if some higher levels would go slay him to open this spot up.
Back in 1999, Borx wandered to the very top floor and many people would be 2-3 shotted by him upon zone in to Runneye that were lower levels, including myself lol...but it was really hilarious they programmed him to path to the top floor back then...he would also come very close to the Misty Thicket side too (near the first set of goblins by the slime).
Old 11-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by roks1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue is more than likely the fact that we STILL after 10+ years are using the new code introduced post PoP that completely changed npc enemy caster AI and made them fucking dangerous.
I want to hear more about this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to hear more about this.
Me too
Closed Thread