Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Scarab Boots

I turned in Cracked Giant Scarab Carapace, 2 Scarab Legs, and 17 gold and got another Small Scarab Helm. Should have gotten Small Scarab Boots.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

I wonder if someone turned in the wrong amount of gold. I bet if you hand him 12ish gold right now, you get a Scarab Boots.

Mobs remember what has been handed to them. Whoever turns in the final ingredient gets the reward.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if someone turned in the wrong amount of gold. I bet if you hand him 12ish gold right now, you get a Scarab Boots.

Mobs remember what has been handed to them. Whoever turns in the final ingredient gets the reward.
Makes sense I guess... so even though I turned in a Cracked Giant Scarab Carapace, 2 Scarab Legs, and 17 gold, maybe it completed the previous quest somehow and it will only give out one reward at a time?
Old 02-10-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes sense I guess... so even though I turned in a Cracked Giant Scarab Carapace, 2 Scarab Legs, and 17 gold, maybe it completed the previous quest somehow and it will only give out one reward at a time?
Everquest doesn't keep track of what quests you have or havent done. What Videri is talking about is NPCs do keep track of what people have given them. It is how multiquesting works.

Player A gives item A to the NPC and gets no reward, but NPC still has item A. When player B gives item B to the NPC, he gets the reward for turning in item A and item B. Both items are then destroyed on the NPC.

Videri is suggesting someone turned in the scarab carapaces for the helm, but didn't turn in the gold. So when you did your turn in, the mob checked the gold first, saw there was enough, and gave you the helm, destroying the carapaces and gold. Now, that NPC has all the quest items for the boots, minus the gold.

I am not 100% sure how NPCs handle money that has been given to them. I am not sure if they just keep all of it and deduct the amount necessary for the quest when you complete it, or if all their money is destroyed on completing a quest.

Either way, this isn't a bug, just an unfortunate consequence of multiquesting. NPCs do get in to a vicious cycle of bad quest results if someone has royally scewed up a quest turn in, and following players try to do quests without knowing what the NPC has in it's inventory. They will stay that way until a server reboot, unless players try to clear out their inventory.

EDIT: Yeah I don't think killing a mob resets their quest item inventory. So you would have to try turning in items to get them back to normal.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-10-2022 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-10-2022, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

It tracks coin too. When soulfires were still a thing you would turn in a large amount to the girl walking around in Qeynos then just give a single coin each time instead of two single coins per turn in.