Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-12-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

If a CT worshipping erudite cleric turned up in North Freeport's cleric/paladin guild area, what would you say their faction would be?

apprehensive! I always felt like that would make them kos
Old 02-13-2023, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

The gods are petty, jealous beings who view us mortals as mere pawns and toys. In just about every fantasy and real life mythos, that's what gods are.

Why would I actively want to choose to follow any of them knowing that?

At least we can beat many of them up for loot.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a CT worshipping erudite cleric turned up in North Freeport's cleric/paladin guild area, what would you say their faction would be?

Everyone knows about the race/religion rep modifiers, but people don't really mention the class modifier often.

For almost all combinations the class mod isn't a big factor since with few exceptions you are forced to pick evil dieties on evil races or classes and good deities with good races or classes.

Things get interesting in the few cases where you can pick an evil deity with a neutral race and neutral class. Half Elf Innoruuk Warrior is one of those weird neutral/neutral/evil combos where even your own guild barely tolerates you, you're sort of "neutral evil" in d&d terms.

Then you have the "true neutral" combinations of evil deity human, erudite, and gnome clerics. You're essentially chosing "neutral/good/evil" modifiers which cancel each other out in various levels depending on the NPCs. Since cleric NPCs have a very favorable modifier for the cleric class, That's why you're accepted even in the goody two shoes guilds.

So yeah, counterintuitively evil neutral race clerics should be considered neutral characters, not evil. Character's for game mechanic purposes.
Old 02-13-2023, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things get interesting in the few cases where you can pick an evil deity with a neutral race and neutral class. Half Elf Innoruuk Warrior is one of those weird neutral/neutral/evil combos where even your own guild barely tolerates you, you're sort of "neutral evil" in d&d terms.
On this server your race/class/deity faction modifiers are applied at character creation, rather than live.

Old half elf warriors of innoruuk had some pretty terrible modifiers which were not classic.

Quite a bit of work has been done on correcting the faction mods for the areas they interact with, so new half elf warriors of innoruuk are a little bit more tolerated in their typical haunts (barely!) than their older cousins.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-13-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure if bug/unintended, but weren't CT folks not KoS in PoFear at first?
Old 02-14-2023, 09:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On this server your race/class/deity faction modifiers are applied at character creation, rather than live.

Old half elf warriors of innoruuk had some pretty terrible modifiers which were not classic.

Quite a bit of work has been done on correcting the faction mods for the areas they interact with, so new half elf warriors of innoruuk are a little bit more tolerated in their typical haunts (barely!) than their older cousins.
That’s actually pretty fascinating. I’ve always wanted to roll the innoruuk half elf bard (they can wear dark elf cultural armor and it looks cool, literally just fashionquest) but always been too chicken due to factionary concerns (getting one hit by a roamer pathing by a bank 5 minutes before you wanna log and go to bed).
Old 02-14-2023, 10:33 PM
Aviak

There are definitely not enough people on Norrath who appreciate the loli goddess.

This is probably limitations of the program and database at the time but one missed opportunity is that imbued gems shouldn't have been just for crafting a single set of armor but instead have gem slots on all armor. Possibly expand jewelcraft(not that it wasn't one of the most well developed crafting skills in the game already) to allow crafting facets out of imbued gems that could produce some different effects so each deity has a few options for stats or possibly even procs/clickies.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:39 PM
Banned

Cool !

My half elf warrior is prexuz. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2023, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's easy enough to fix :]
Old 02-14-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My half elf warrior is prexuz. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting enough choice, as I kinda feel like the Freeport/Kelethin religions are overrepresented in the half elf population compared with the Qeynos religions. But I gotta be honest... I just don't understand Prexus. Their whole deal is like water? They worship the sea, and are into boats and whatever? Idk what that even looks like, maybe bc I've never been super impressed with water activities. Mountains are much cooler than salty seas if you're after some wholesome exercise imo.

And the Qeynos religions this weird water guy is competing with are pretty cool. Bertoxxulous and Rodcet Nife are fighting for the soul of this entire half of the continent, and they both make much more sense to me from a roleplay perspective. Plague worship is fucking metal and I've done a lot of Bertoxx rp, and Nife is literally just what you try to irl by fighting disease- easy to understand the motivation there. There's also Karana which is very whatever like Prexus. Think I've said before how I don't understand why we have a water god and a rain god, but mostly they're just not for me.

Obviously a Prexus warrior is exponentially cooler than an agnostic loser warrior, but I think maybe I need someone to exemplify good Prexus rp before I'd ever consider it on par with cool shit like Bertoxx and Nife. Erudites are big into Prexus too which I absolutely do not understand when Quellious is an option. Everyone understands the concept of peace, and compared with "the sea" tranquillity wins out every time imo.