Rallos Zek (FFA PvP) 11 11.70%
Sullon Zek (deity PvP teams) 10 10.64%
Firiona Vie (PvE roleplay) 39 41.49%
Discord (permadeath FFA PvP) 6 6.38%
Other (pls explain) 13 13.83%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Also FV rules would be exceptionally good idea for trade items.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:58 PM
Banned

FV-PVP Itemloot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2023, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Reverse FV where everything except for tradeskill ingredients, tradeskill products and vendor bought items become no drop.

Economy based on banded armour and combine weapons as brad intended.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-21-2023, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Other: Hardcore mode PvE Roleplay
Old 02-21-2023, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely a FV style server. My favorite thing about the server though would be almost impossible to implement. I loved that it was only one character per account. It forced people to really focus on one character, and while maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, I think it added a serious community element to the server. I’d also like it to be like early days FV with no common tongue etc.

I just don’t see how that would be possible to establish with a free account creation. I guess they could somehow make accounts tied to your VPN, but even then, there are so many work arounds to VPN restrictions.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d also like it to be like early days FV with no common tongue etc.
Jesus Christ was that a real thing? I missed out.

WTB Time Machine
Old 02-21-2023, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus Christ was that a real thing? I missed out.

WTB Time Machine
Yep! When the server first launched it was very “hardcore roleplay”. Many of the elements that made it that way were changed later, such as evils being unable to group with non-evils. The lack of common tongue was really only interesting initially, as people set up language exchange groups to get everyone caught up to speed, but it was pretty neat the first couple months or so.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep! When the server first launched it was very “hardcore roleplay”. Many of the elements that made it that way were changed later, such as evils being unable to group with non-evils. The lack of common tongue was really only interesting initially, as people set up language exchange groups to get everyone caught up to speed, but it was pretty neat the first couple months or so.
Curioser and curioser!

Do evils and others start out with cursory skills in their allies tongues?

It would be custom, but it would be very cool to have a limited language set.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

The language part is the part I like the least here. When the server first came out you could only increase a language by 1 point every hour which seems very lame. I guess maybe it would be fun to get creative with the emotes in game, but what really makes EQ great is how social it all is.

It was so disappointing going from EQ to WoW in 2004 and not being able to talk to my pvp targets. So much roleplay happens between people of opposing factions; why would you ever want to limit that social interaction?

It's not so bad because it's something you can work on and improve over time and eventually be able to talk to the bad guys. The 1 singular skill point per hour is what gets me.

regardless, even with this one lame thing it would be a more interesting experience. hard agree with the people saying ban people with non-rp names btw. this has gotten so out of hand on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2023, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The language part is the part I like the least here. When the server first came out you could only increase a language by 1 point every hour which seems very lame. I guess maybe it would be fun to get creative with the emotes in game, but what really makes EQ great is how social it all is.

It was so disappointing going from EQ to WoW in 2004 and not being able to talk to my pvp targets. So much roleplay happens between people of opposing factions; why would you ever want to limit that social interaction?

It's not so bad because it's something you can work on and improve over time and eventually be able to talk to the bad guys. The 1 singular skill point per hour is what gets me.

regardless, even with this one lame thing it would be a more interesting experience. hard agree with the people saying ban people with non-rp names btw. this has gotten so out of hand on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get more skillups you just have to zone(or camp?) to see them.

An ogre should only be able to speak to and be understood by darks. Ogres are dumb.