Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Large Rat

I've tried everything in this thread including wineq2 and still getting crashes every day... How frustrating.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

As brought out in another thread, if you zone before you start fighting in a zone, it seems to prevent the problem. I have not crashed yet in maybe 10 days or so since doing this. Still I thought I had this problem licked before but didn't, so I am not yet proclaiming a fix.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As brought out in another thread, if you zone before you start fighting in a zone, it seems to prevent the problem. I have not crashed yet in maybe 10 days or so since doing this. Still I thought I had this problem licked before but didn't, so I am not yet proclaiming a fix.
same here!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Kobold

I am getting this randomly too, I am on a Windows 7 laptop.

what do you mean by zone before fighting in a zone? I zone into CoM, then I need to zone out then zone back into CoM again and then start fighting mobs there?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

I assume they mean if you log into a zone, zone to another zone and back before you start fighting (for example you camp out in CoM, when you log back in, hit EJ before you start fighting in CoM).
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebarsis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting this too... and it only seems to happen when I'm kiting mobs! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
K so I figured it's about time I've chimed in on this. Since P99's humble beginnings I've had this exact problem. Situation goes like this

-Engage Mobs (ie: have agro)
-Cast 1-2 spells/songs (standing still)
-Begin kiting (ie: run away)
-CLIENT CRASHES

It's happened with my Magician, my Bard, and now even lowbie druid I was just messing around on.

No idea what's causing the crash, but I've basically given up all forms of agro kiting. I've lost way too much exp, and with Kunark it's just not worth it to kite anymore. (ugh)

Is there anyway I can provide some sort of error message or readout from the client that will help?

Please note: My client ONLY CRASHES WHILE AGRO KITING. Rooting a mob and doting it has never caused a crash.

Cheers,

Jify
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

This happened to me all the time on my bard when I would AE kite. It has also happened to me on my mage before as well but maybe only once or twice for him in his whole career. I have found a fix that works for me and has worked for about a month with many AE kites during this time.

My computer has a quad core processor. I start everquest and under the processes tab in windows task manager I change eqgame.exe to run on only 1 processor core. This is done by right clicking and choosing 'set affinity'.

When I do this I have never crashed while kiting any number of mobs, and a couple times I forgot to set it and crashed everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened to me all the time on my bard when I would AE kite. It has also happened to me on my mage before as well but maybe only once or twice for him in his whole career. I have found a fix that works for me and has worked for about a month with many AE kites during this time.

My computer has a quad core processor. I start everquest and under the processes tab in windows task manager I change eqgame.exe to run on only 1 processor core. This is done by right clicking and choosing 'set affinity'.

When I do this I have never crashed while kiting any number of mobs, and a couple times I forgot to set it and crashed everytime.
How do you do that? Sorry computer illiterate here. Thanks.

Petitpas/Nagash
Old 05-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have been doing the safety zone technique and it has cured me of dropping to the desktop. Basically, when i first log in I make sure that i either log in an alt first and then log to my main or with my main zone atleast once before attacking anything. Do this everytime that you come in from server select and see if this cures your dropping. Works for me, I started doing this about a month ago and have not crashed to desktop once since.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you do that? Sorry computer illiterate here. Thanks.

Petitpas/Nagash
  1. If you are running windows hit ctrl alt delete, then click windows task manager. Or maybe windows task manager will just pop up depending on which version of windows you use.
  2. There should be a few tabs at the top, click the Processes tab, which will then show you a large list of processes you are currently running.
  3. Find eqgame.exe and right click on it. Choose set affinity and uncheck all but one processor. After you do this zone once in the game.

bonne chance! Si tu as plus de questions, n'hesites pas a demander!
(or is it n'hesiterai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Last edited by nalkin; 05-26-2011 at 09:03 PM..