Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Large Bat

Default Solo enchanter charming spots

I'd like to put together a list of the great spots to solo as an enchanter, using the charming method. The basics are to try and find two mobs of similar strength, pit them against each other, keeping the non-charmed mob rooted, and when they (hopefully at the same time), run low on hp (<15%), break charm with an invis, and finish both mobs "manually".
The advantage of this method is to get full xp for both kill, while spending very little mana (the charm, the root(s), and a couple nukes/dots to finish the mobs off).

For this to work best, one should find a spot with melee only mobs. Casters are a pain, since they will nuke you while rooted, nuke you on pull, and nuke you when charm breaks, whereas keeping max distance from melee is usually enough to re-root/re-charm without getting hit, occasionally with the help of an aoe stun.
Mobs that run away when low on hp are even better, since you won't have to worry about getting hit when they are low either.
Finally one wants a spot relatively free from adds. It's very possible to deal with some adds, either by keeping them mez/mem bluring at the end of the fight, or keeping one CCed while the 2 first duke it out, with your help to accelerate the process, so you're left with one mob full hp and one halfish hp for the 2nd round, but for the sake of efficiency, no adds is better.

Here's the spots I've found during my leveling career - currently 30. Pro tip - these are generally the same areas druids will seek to charm animals or root/dot in, so look out for your friendly druid neighbor to exchange crack for SoW it pretty much take the danger out of the equation. (Duo-ing with a druid is even more fun, but that's not the purpose of this post).

12-15
Ak'anon, the minotaurs next to lesser faydark zone. There are 4 spawns there, without being twinked this is about all I could handle, but it was great xp.
I've also tried CB, in the back, Lego's and slavers, it's doable when not crowded but much more dangerous.

14-17
Lesser Faydark, Nybright Sisters

15-17
Oasis caiman and crocodile if the zone is not too crowded. I don't recommend the deepwater, they hit hard and are difficult to recharm.
I found derv camps in nro, oasis or sro are also very doable as long as you're lucky with lull to break the camp at start (but careful with these nasty casters).

16-20
Orcs (Warriors, keep away from the priests!) off the highway in oasis. I positioned myself between the lake and the highway, it's easy to pick up warriors from there, and there is only one mummy roamer to watch out for.
Orc warriors, ghould and tarantula in the oasis next to the NRO zone also very good, but keep an eye out for these pesky sand giants.
Also upper guk spiders is nice xp, though a bit more risky.

20-23
I've had the best luck in Eastern Karana, camping near the bridge to Northern Karana, picking up Dark Stalker, Gorge Hound and Griffawn.

23-25
The spiders on the other side of Eastern Karana, at the end of the canyon to highold pass. You will collect a LOT of silk.
The overthere, camping near WW zone is also doable then, but pulls are long, I didn't quite like it, and you often compete with bards swarming.

24-31
Warsliks Wood Giant Fort

25-27
I've found a sweet spot in WW, up the river from the giant fort (the branch of the river heading toward OT zone) there is a ruin with 2 groups of 3 iksar manslayers and pariah. These are really easy to kill, plenty of room to run around, no adds (none of these nasty goblins that seem to pester the rest of the zone).
Note that the tunnel going to LOIO in WW are also very doable - also plenty of iksar renegates, but just not quite as handy as the spot above.
LOIO is also very doable at this level around the windmill, or camping on the ledge taking a sharp left coming out of FV. Pulls are a little more dicey, and the undead make it a bit more painful.

25-30
bunch of Iksar Exile in the tunnel from Swamp to TT

25-40
Mistmoore solo, just progress deeper into the zone.

27-30
In LOIO, I camped at the base of the Sarnak tower situated next to the Fort back door. It's a fairly safe area, and there are plenty of pulls between you and the lake (but a lot of undeads).
at 29-30, the Fort back door entrance is also very doable, but careful with the mobs coming out of the fort, and the Sarnak Dragoons will make you sweat.

30-35
South Karana Spire Gnolls

33-37
Split Paw

34-41
Unrest Hag Tower.

34-41
Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

38-42 :
The Overthere - somewhere on a ledge (++ for War braids).

42-46 (Beguile's fine to use for all these spots - no mob higher than 37)
DL yeti caves
Bouncers in Oggok (also drops that nice 15CHA offhand) + good money with 2 fine steel weapons on most guards
RM Hill Giants - Good money, but overcamped.

42-52
DL around KC (bit more dangerous - some higher level mobs for which Beguile's too low)

44-48
CoM entrance, when not camped.

44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

46-52 Kedge Keep

49-55 Burning Woods. Near SF zone.
This is not the easiest spot, mobs are scarce, long pulls, and nasty sarnak casters, but doable

49-52 - Spectral Keepers in TT

50-55 -
Hole Entrance (+Loam drops)

50-56 - CoM

53+ HS

While talking with lower level enchanters, a few things I've discovered people didn't know - some i didn't know myself until someone told me.

If for some reason you're going to keep your pet for multiple fights - like duoing with a cleric. Giving a torch to your pet will increase dps by forcing dual wield. works nicely on sword pet as well.
Don't forget to mana tap these casters (51+)
Berserker spirit is a nice little rune free of reagent.
You can heal your pet by breaking charm and mezzing it, or by breaking charm, blurring and letting it go back to it's spawn point, if you can easily recharm it.
Get a clicky see invis of some type, instant charm break is worth it.

Also always welcome chat in game - and interested in small type groups, duo or trio. I've had great group with all healer types.

I've played my cleric most lately, and get to enjoy the other side of the cleric/ench duo - love it. I don't think there is any better xp out there for a cleric. I've had the chance to play with some fantastic enchanters, which showed me I had a lot of room for improvement playing Ronie!

Dianae - 55 Cleric <Harmony>
Ronie - 52 Enchanter <Harmony>
Last edited by Dora; 07-01-2014 at 07:19 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Make an Enchanter guide. The more guides, the better.

Add to the end of ( http://wiki.project1999.com/ ) a page name, and edit it to start. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like putting the following into your address bar (http://wiki.project1999.com/Dora Enchanter Solo Spot Explorer)
Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

If you're good at the game, you can do these 1-2 levels lower, but:

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

I've posted a few times about these if you want to look up rationale or tactics. They are incredibly low-effort exp spots that give close to, if not the best solo exp for those levels.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

25-40: Mistmoore solo, just progress deeper into zone
34-40: Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

I've posted a few times about these if you want to look up rationale or tactics. They are incredibly low-effort exp spots that give close to, if not the best solo exp for those levels.
Knight / Hag tower is the shit. Though getting through 40 on those would be rough they are light blue then. But 34-39 it is pretty tough to beat.

2 hags on 7min timers, have something like 650 HP, so if you catch them before they rune themselves it's an easy nuke to kill em.

Knight or werebat/greater darkbone spawn every 25min or so.

Currently due to zzz axis bug, the werebat roamers from bar room lives in tower so there is that mob to contend with as well.

I got my cleric from 36-39 there in a few hours on Saturday. It was nice.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Kobold

I did the giant fort in warsliks from 24ish to 31 (I think) charm soloing. It was super fast and decent money. It really slows down though if there are multiple people there, which is the biggest drawback.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

Just hit 34 and I love Unrest. I'm definitely going to try this out, thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
34-40: Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.
Seriously crazy exp to be had here, even without a partner to snare. There are several spots along the coast nearby Tracker Azeal that you can pull to and fear without getting a single add. If you're in the right spot, the mobs will run off towards Azeal and then turn around and run back to the coast over and over. I don't even bother breaking charm to get full exp per kill, for me it was faster to just chain pull and eat the penalty. There were only a few times where I got adds doing this, and it was trivial to just mez them until I was ready. I was here from 36-42ish, getting more than 20% per hour the whole time. Pretty sick. Eventually you'll only be pulling snarlers, which is when it starts to slow down a lot.

I think spirocs in TD would be doable solo at 42, but probably pretty risky and I'm not sure how the exp would be. I would stick to charming the lower level ones so you can keep using Beguile as long as possible. They are also pretty heavily camped.

Could probably do entryway stuff in City of Mist at 42 as well. Maybe Bloodgills in LOIO, haven't tried those yet. Spectres in oasis/feerrott might work, too.

At 44 you can easily kill every single guard in Paineel, 6-7 of which will still be dark blue. The exp is slow but you can make some decent plat, and it's safe and relaxing. At 46 I'm planning to see what I can solo in The Hole, should be interesting!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

CoM is the charm soloing king if it's not mega packed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Duoing 46-56 kedge is my favorite exp.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 04-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

14-17ish
Lesser Faydark, Nybright Sisters

30-35ish
South Karana, Spire Gnolls

33-37ish
Split Paw (before double-doors)
Closed Thread