Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadow,

Does dropping the resolution & effects in the game change the FPS at all? I don't mind playing the game on a low resolution without spell effects and such if it increases FPS. Or is the speed of the FPS completely dependent upon the PhoneMyPC Client?

Also.. your tests are being done inside your house via Wireless. Have you tried it outside your home from another WiFi hotspot? This will be the situation that many of us will be in - wanting to play at work/school/library/etc and connecting to our computer at home.

Also I'm running 1GHZ Rom on my Droid... do you suggest the 1.2ghz rom for doing this?

BTW man this is fricken genius, I was wanting to see someone pull this off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you can do this with EQ... you can do it with any game since it's a Remote desktop type solution.

Im installing a 2nd client that ill use to tweak the game settings (I dont wanna mess with my now perfect desktop setup that i play nightly!) and im going to try dropping to 1024x768 resolution (Oh yea, i forgot to mention those videos were all filmed with the display set to 1680x1050!!) and minimal partical effects.

Also I have a trip to home depot to make today, so ill do some 3g tests out in the field, though I do live in Los Angeles so we get 3g about anywhere at max signal. Ive tested 1.0ghz also, works well, 1.2 is obviously a LITTLE faster but the phone can become a little bit on the warm side, ill try and flash a 1.3 GHz kernel also later on and see how stable that is.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also having played with an incredible AND the droid, one in each hand yesterday running parallel tasks i must say i find the screen on the Incredible to suck ass. You can SEE the individual pixels, much like the eris my wife has, and it drives me absolutely insane.
That sucks...=/ I had been led to believe that the screen on the incredible was at least as good if not better than the one on the droid by all of those techno pundits. Here is an example of what they were saying...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...tc-incredible/

Quote:
Display
Winner: HTC Incredible

Both phones use 3.7-inch screens with similar resolution (the Droid has 480 x 854 and the Incredible has 480 x 800), but the victory goes to HTC for choosing an OLED screen over LCD. As Nexus One owners can attest, LCDs quite literally pale in comparison to the brightness and vibrance of a quality OLED. Unfortunately, they’re known for problems with outdoor viewability as well, but it’s a minor tradeoff in the big scheme of things.
lol I guess I will just wait for a bit in and see how all this plays out befor a make any decisions...=)
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo dawg, we heard you like Paladins! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard correctly!

I also have a paladin in EQ2, a paladin on Shards of Dalaya and a paladin on EZServer...=p
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard correctly!

I also have a paladin in EQ2, a paladin on Shards of Dalaya and a paladin on EZServer...=p
Ha!, nice. Not surprised [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a side note, I'm guessing the battery would last about an hour unplugged with the above specs, correct?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha!, nice. Not surprised [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a side note, I'm guessing the battery would last about an hour unplugged with the above specs, correct?
Yea about that.

Funny thing with the droid is i use it as a phone less and less and a computer more and more....
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

As soon as I read VNC I stopped reading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As soon as I read VNC I stopped reading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool bro. Guess you didnt read the very first line in the first post though, huh?

New Video: Running around oasis this time! Yep full movement up the beach to wave and sit with another group! Btw the FPS in game are better than the video shows, the ERIS i used to record with and youtube combined make it appear much slower than it actually is.

This is also running at 1024x768, 32 bit color, sky off, LOD on as the first performance tweaking tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWZM3EwDWY
Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

That is sweet man... awesome! 15 FPS is definitely playable. Let me know results of remote test...

BTW can you remap keys for the Droid? Wondering how you can get the "TAB" function there.

EDIT:
Eek! $10 for the PhoneMyPC app... stinker. Would have paid $2 for it, maybe $5. Darn.
Last edited by FatMagic; 05-14-2010 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

I have the bestest phone =)
I'm so proud!!!

Thanks for sharing the awesomeness with us ShadowWulf!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool bro. Guess you didnt read the very first line in the first post though, huh?

New Video: Running around oasis this time! Yep full movement up the beach to wave and sit with another group! Btw the FPS in game are better than the video shows, the ERIS i used to record with and youtube combined make it appear much slower than it actually is.

This is also running at 1024x768, 32 bit color, sky off, LOD on as the first performance tweaking tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWZM3EwDWY
well I'll be. Only thing I've ever seen of people doing stuff like this over VNC was was misery incarnate. that's pretty playable.
Closed Thread