Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

On live dispell was actualy considered a beneficial spell in regards to casting on PC's If you dispelled people with aggro you would get aggro after they died/zoned
Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, because it's classic. Would require substantially more work, so before that occurs, it is beneficial to have absolutes.

If pvp guard assist is initiated, guard should assist who has higher faction with npc's primary faction.

example specifics:
Player 1 and Player 2.
NPC: Guard Gehnus.
Primary faction - GuardsofQeynos

Player 1 - Amiable GuardsofQeynos
Player 2 - Warmly GuardsofQeynos

action:
Player 2 attacks player 1 within range of Guard Gehnus. Guard Gehnus kills Player 1 because Player 2's GuardsofQeynos standing is higher. (Current code is the opposite of this. It would protect player 1, because player 2 attacked first.)

Are there any caveats to this? Does anyone disagree with me? I recall something about if both players are low enough faction, the guard would assist neither party.
this sounds right to me

any detrimental spells should cause aggro
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, because it's classic. Would require substantially more work, so before that occurs, it is beneficial to have absolutes.

If pvp guard assist is initiated, guard should assist who has higher faction with npc's primary faction.

example specifics:
Player 1 and Player 2.
NPC: Guard Gehnus.
Primary faction - GuardsofQeynos

Player 1 - Amiable GuardsofQeynos
Player 2 - Warmly GuardsofQeynos

action:
Player 2 attacks player 1 within range of Guard Gehnus. Guard Gehnus kills Player 1 because Player 2's GuardsofQeynos standing is higher. (Current code is the opposite of this. It would protect player 1, because player 2 attacked first.)

Are there any caveats to this? Does anyone disagree with me? I recall something about if both players are low enough faction, the guard would assist neither party.
This needs to be brought up again. Velious is around the corner and faction plays a huge role in Velious PVP. Whichever player with the highest faction should be protected from attack by a player with lower faction.

For instance, if I am Ally with Claws of Veeshan, I should be able to sit in West TOV by my dragon pals and if somebody attacked me with less than Ally faction, they would agro a mob, if the mob was in assist range.

We need more input here. It has to be changed before Velious.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned

Bump, can anyone find any information about this? I've scoured message boards and different websites but can't find any definitive information.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe(from reading some other RZ thread) anything under apprehensive(IE: Dubious and below), no help would be given at all.

It has to be anything detrimental, from dispels to nukes to dots to melee attack and ranged attacks.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dispells are not detrimental, they are flagged beneficial.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Nizzarr, post that quote and link.

I remember dubious or even low dubious having this effect.

But I also remember a buddy PK trying to bank gank someone wearing ... something valuable and this distinct quote comes to mind.

"I almost had it... but the guards got him" which matches Nilbog's post from earlier stating that you could hit someone and the guards would just beat the shit out of them.

I also remember coming over the bridge in Neriak and my buddy's necro attacking my friend's dad shaman and getting lit up by the guards also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 9.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump, can anyone find any information about this? I've scoured message boards and different websites but can't find any definitive information.

Well ole pla, the doctor is in. Hopefully he will get an ear.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Guards were aggressive. IIRC someone with ally faction could attack freely near guards. Everyone else attacking would be killed by guards. If guards saw someone getting hit near them, they killed the thing doing the hitting (or casting) just like they kill skeletons.

You had to stay out of aggro range of guards to attack players.

Mage pets would not pull aggro to mage until much later though, they were broken so mages would just send pet to kill a low HP guy by the guards and I'm not sure, but I think if the non mage actually defended himself and attacked the pet he would get killed by guards, not sure about that. Definitely if he attacked the mage he would die.

The way NPC's aggro PC's on red99 are insanely non classic and reallly would make the game horrible if there was enough low level population for anyone to notice. As it stands I could probably level to 50 without spending any time near more than 2 players or so, so its a non issue at least practically.

For server to thrive though, guards need to work right.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

Yeah I remember something like that with pets being sent on people being very retarded for a while
Old 06-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=78740

Plays in with this.

NPCs should constantly be checking to see if something should be added to their hate list or not that is within range of them. It should also be inspecting other nearby NPC's hate lists.

My memory of having a charmed bat attack me in GFay causing the guards to attack me matches my post here and Nilbog's reminder to me of guards assisting players in killing others depending on faction.

It is starting to get real F'ing classic in here bros.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't DoTs agro the guards in classic? I swear I remember trying to level up conjuration skill on my ranger by casting DoT on myself, and the guards killing me...

Red99
Closed Thread