Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Did anyone else..

Think after reading about the suspensions that they should perma-ban all the accounts, so the population would decrease, so they would start allowing 2 boxing?

God i was crossing my fingers, but i really doubt that will happen.

(As a side note, i only want to box because my ranger ass doesn't get groups. 20 Ranger LFG!)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

I find this ironic because if everyone was boxing it would do a hell of a lot more to hurt the server than the cheaters did for the most part, lol
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

Default Did anyone else...

...start hoping this idiot doesn't reproduce after reading his post?
...want to punch him in the mouth?
...wonder why the hell this is posted in Server Chat?
...really hate stupid people (like Dirtnap)?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Dunno why people despise boxing so much hehe. I highly doubt it would do as much harm as say... the drama created by raid guilds.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno why people despise boxing so much hehe. I highly doubt it would do as much harm as say... the drama created by raid guilds.
Boxing removes the social aspect from the game. Have you ever played on EZ server? No one groups for the most part. You're expected to roll around with your own small army and in most cases that works just fine. The reason EQ has so many nostalgic memories for me is because you're forced to interact with people to succeed.

And you'll just argue "then don't box," but that doesn't change how it affects everything in the game. For example: raids can be accomplished with half as many people who are all dual-boxing (and this is assuming they would only allow two accounts per person). This means guilds who already control the majority of raid encounters have even more power to be spread out and ready for anything that pops. They essentially double their raid force in a matter of months.

And that's just one instance of why boxing is a bad idea.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It rapes just about everything in the game at every level.

Want to go EXP at EC orc camps on your lowbie? They're both claimed by someone 2-3 boxing and he doesn't want your help, go away. Maybe Oasis? Oh, there's 2 or 3 people each 2-3 boxing and killing 95% of the zone, and they don't want your help, go away.

Maybe you want a MM group? Well guess what, 1 or 2 people 2 or 3 boxing have it all locked down, go away.

Maybe you want to camp some sweet loot in LGuk? Too bad, one guy has a character sitting at every decent camp. No loot for you from Guk tonight. You can go check other zones, but he has characters there, too.

It's simply impossible for a server with this many people on it to support boxing.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think after reading about the suspensions that they should perma-ban all the accounts, so the population would decrease, so they would start allowing 2 boxing?

God i was crossing my fingers, but i really doubt that will happen.

(As a side note, i only want to box because my ranger ass doesn't get groups. 20 Ranger LFG!)
We can call you Travis Two Box of the League of Antonican Tards.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It rapes just about everything in the game at every level.

Want to go EXP at EC orc camps on your lowbie? They're both claimed by someone 2-3 boxing and he doesn't want your help, go away. Maybe Oasis? Oh, there's 2 or 3 people each 2-3 boxing and killing 95% of the zone, and they don't want your help, go away.

Maybe you want a MM group? Well guess what, 1 or 2 people 2 or 3 boxing have it all locked down, go away.

Maybe you want to camp some sweet loot in LGuk? Too bad, one guy has a character sitting at every decent camp. No loot for you from Guk tonight. You can go check other zones, but he has characters there, too.

It's simply impossible for a server with this many people on it to support boxing.
sounds like you are ready for red 99
Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

I am surprised at all the hate. Maybe if some of you guys stopped hating on rangers so much, i might not be wishing for boxing allowed on this server.

I think boxing any more than two characters is retarded, as it removes the social aspect of the game.

There isn't any issue of people boxing all the content by themselves by only allowing two characters at a time. As well as not allowing people to camp more than one thing at a time.

Lastly, the community here is just so great. I mean look at the warm posts in this thread. I really wish i could find more of these nice people everyone talks about on the forums to new players. Or is that just a lie everyone tells to get new blood?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am surprised at all the hate. Maybe if some of you guys stopped hating on rangers so much, i might not be wishing for boxing allowed on this server.

I think boxing any more than two characters is retarded, as it removes the social aspect of the game.

There isn't any issue of people boxing all the content by themselves by only allowing two characters at a time. As well as not allowing people to camp more than one thing at a time.

Lastly, the community here is just so great. I mean look at the warm posts in this thread. I really wish i could find more of these nice people everyone talks about on the forums to new players. Or is that just a lie everyone tells to get new blood?
It's not really about hating on boxing exactly. When I started out here I didn't really understand it either, but after spending some time playing on EZ where you MUST box to get anything done, as grouping up with other people is fairly rare, it's easy to see how it could lead to completely changing how P99 goes.

I mean sure, it probably wouldn't get nearly like it is on EZ, but it's still really easy to imagine the impact it would have.