Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Thumbs up Have a childs tear taking up bag space?

Hey there! TrendyDru here with another fantastic business opportunity!

Do you:
1. Have a Child's Tear from a Golem in PoFear sitting in your bank taking up precious space?
2. Like helping people less fortunate than yourself?
3. Have more plat than you need?
4. Often see Child's Tears go to waste on guild runs in Fear?

If you answered yes to at least 2 of the above items then YOU sir/ma'am are in luck! I am currently in need of a Child's Tear and posting here would be a good way to get the word out.

Who I am:
New-ish to P99. Currently 51 Shaman and avid P99 Twitch.tv streamer. I like to party and have good times here on P99. Since I started playing P99 I've tried immersing myself into the P99 community as much as possible (less the forums) and have gotten several people started on our lovely game who have viewed it though my stream.

You're probably thinking "Bro? why would I just GIVE you some poor Child's Tear? you sick, sick man." Well let me just say, that child deserved it. a level 1 does not belong in Plane of Fear. and I am trying to be a corner stone in the community here so I'm hoping the people I've helped would stack enough charisma and kharma in order to help me with something that I'm in need of.

F.A.Q
Why don't you buy it yourself?
- I don't have the 60k people are asking to MQ.

Why don't you join a raiding guild to get it?
- I currently run the guild <Beards of Norrath> and its comprised of the people I've gotten into P99 thought my stream, and using that to assist them in getting their little legs moving with starter gear and anything else they might need to survive in the harsh lands of Norrath. Plus I don't want to "loot n scoot"

Bro, do you even rep?
- actually, yeah. My True Spirit rep is quite a ways into Warmly and could easily be maxed within an hour.

So that's my schpeal. If you or someone you know has a Child's Tear or your guild wouldn't mind letting me tag along your Fear raid for something like this it would be amazing and GREATLY appreciated!

Contact me in-game on Trendyhammer or my twitch. Twitch.tv/TrendyDru

Thanks guys!~
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Reminded me of:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck in your quest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

If this works you'll have to let me know. I tried to get into fear to loot the tear and it was always perma-claimed by someone looking to sell the MQ. I had my shaman at fear portal for 2 months before I gave up.

People that have the tear usually have it on purpose - to sell it. Kinda sucks but can't complain too much. Epic at 50 for 55k isn't all that bad, considering how rough other classes have it. Just wish I could have done it myself.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 05-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman epics often fund weeks of hate stones / sky stones / corpse summons / peridots. I understand why they are sold so often. It helps pay off guild funds for awhile.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you join a raiding guild to get it?
- I currently run the guild <Beards of Norrath> and its comprised of the people I've gotten into P99 thought my stream, and using that to assist them in getting their little legs moving with starter gear and anything else they might need to survive in the harsh lands of Norrath. Plus I don't want to "loot n scoot"
Allow me to translate for the OP ...

I don't want to:

A) leave an alt in my family guild and join a Fear-capable guild
B) work to get my family guild capable of raiding Fear
C) save up 60k plat
D) play without top tier gear

In other words, I don't want to play Everquest, I just want to do whatever I feel like but have one of the best items in the entire game handed to me.

Now don't get me wrong: people on this server can be super nice, and I've been given a couple of really nice gifts (one from a complete stranger). But not the epic; those things are no drop for a reason!

As a Shaman myself who has been here (and been 45+) longer than you, joined multiple guilds (only to see them disband), gone on multiple Fear raids (before the disbanding), and never gotten a tear, I'd love to get handed one. But you won't see me begging (or complaining about my poor guild luck): I'm just looking to join yet another guild. And no, not to "loot and scoot", but to help them achieve their goals and get help with mine in return ... because that's what Everquest is all about.

Epics are supposed to be hard. They're supposed to make you work together with other (high level) players to acquire them. If the developers had wanted you to just be able to get an epic on your own, they would have put the Iksar child in West Commonlands. They didn't, because epics are supposed to be, you know ... epic.

So my advice is: embrace that. Or play your way, but just don't expect to get the best toys without "earning" them by playing nice with others.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Sort of a sad thread to be sure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Kobold

At least he was eloquent and creative about it.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminded me of:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck in your quest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
monkey island gifs? swish does it all
Old 05-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

MQing tear takes some faction work, that's what you are paying for.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to:

A) leave an alt in my family guild and join a Fear-capable guild
B) work to get my family guild capable of raiding Fear
C) save up 60k plat
D) play without top tier gear

In other words, I don't want to play Everquest, I just want to do whatever I feel like but have one of the best items in the entire game handed to me.
I wouldn't define the above as "not wanting to play EverQuest" at all. I'm not saying dude should just get handed a tear, but let's be real, you're making a ridiculous statement here.

Anyway, JBB is arguably a better investment for a shaman than their epic. Torpor certainly is. Their epic is Earthcaller, not Swiftwind.

Also, a dude.
Closed Thread