Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's safe to say that there are far more people who didn't exploit when they could have, than people who did exploit.

I say ban their ips.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Large Rat

I didn't do it and so didn't get banned, but a few of my friends who played the game did. Kind of a shitty consequence for a bug that was left in the game for so long. It's understandable, I suppose. It seems like a lot of people in this thread are being overly vindictive though.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyLune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of a shitty consequence for a bug that was left in the game for so long.
- If you witness, discover or hear of an exploit it becomes your responsibility to report that exploit. Some exploits could include: Loot dropping improperly for large monetary gain, pathing exploit allowing you kill NPCs at ease, or a quest rewarding you experience and giving you back the quest item to turn it in over and over for experience. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in this matter. It is important for us to stomp out any issues as quickly as we can so that things stay legit.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057
Old 04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyLune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't do it and so didn't get banned, but a few of my friends who played the game did. Kind of a shitty consequence for a bug that was left in the game for so long. It's understandable, I suppose. It seems like a lot of people in this thread are being overly vindictive though.

People are vindictive because these fools contributed towards ruining the economy by exploiting a bug. Just because the bug was left in game for so long doesn't reduce anything which your friends did. They knew full well what they were doing, that it was clearly against the rules and would result in being banned if caught. They made the decision to continue to exploit the bug and accepted the potential consequences.
I have no pity at all for people who are banned for breaking the rules. I'd personally like to be able to enjoy the game and part of that means being able to buy stuff from other players at reasonable prices. I have a little less than 200 plat to my name, most of that coming from killing wisps on Wisp island (Erud's Crossing). People are not going to sell desirable items cheaply when people are so flush with platinum, overbidding for items and grabbing everything up, driving the value of platinum down and prices up. Those of us working at getting gear and platinum honestly are screwed in such an environment.
So, good riddance and I hope that this sets an example for others in the game.. Exploit bugs, you will get caught and banned.

If you are looking for sympathy.. It's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.
-----------------------
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are looking for sympathy.. It's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.
I be lol.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
but a few of my friends who played the game did.
Get better friends?

Perhaps not the kind that ruin the economy for all the players by their selfishness.

If they want it easy there are plenty of custom servers to choose from. No need to screw this one up.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no pity at all for people
So, good riddance
That's fine and dandy and probably looks good on paper Mr. righteous crusader, but how about people like me who woke up this morning to find their accounts banned for no reason?? I only started playing on this server a few days ago and I only play a lvl 20 mage Icyhot with only about 100 plat to his name I got from selling trash. The only place I saw anything about 'mass bannings' and 'exploit' bugs was reading this thread while the server was down. So far nobody's given me a single straight answer why my mage was banned. does that seem fair to you??? it could have easily happened to YOU. Don't be so quick to pass judgment.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I'm sure most, if not all, of those wrongfully banned will be fixed if they go through the proper channels.

Our GM team doesn't fucking suck.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Aviak

I take it a list isn't going to be posted of the offenders?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

I got banned, and I didn't exploit. I posted in the petition section.
Last edited by starguitar33; 04-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: correction
Closed Thread