Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am i the only one to think BGs killed wow pvp, those city raids and taren mills crazyness...

When they patched in BGs in June 2005 or so and world pvp died, packed my bags and left
I think the original Alterac Valley implementation was good. If anything, more people showed up north of the mill area.

I think what really killed it for me was multi-server queues. You'd end up with 5 people naked fishing that weren't even from your server. At least the original wsg/av forced travel to the area to join queue, and play with players from your server.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Server was buggy as hell, im just glad i dident invest to much time before i found out how big of shit it really was.

Line of Sight is shot to hell on that server
Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiefist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started a cow druid and got to lvl 8 last night! Was hearing in global chat how surprised people were some skills actually worked.

Forgot how much more of a grind it was to level up in vanilla. They really made WoW such a kiddie game as it stands currently.
This.

Wow catches a lot of flack especially on thius server, but it's actually pretty challenging, old style.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hmm, interesting read this thread.

I've just been searching for a new private wow server and there were plenty of "vanilla, TBC, etc servers on the lists, but the figures show they are emptying fast. It isn't uncommon fo there to be less than a handful of people on.

IME, all wow emu have bugs, but launching oneself as an austronaut is a new one. The worst I've encountered are small jumps that have you falling through the the skin into a void and finally death. Line of sight problems are really anoying on most of them.

I'm boring and usually roll a dwarf hunter as first toon. I really loved the skilling up of every skill and the real training of your pet. I didn't mind the grinding then, but X servers later and I don't know that I coud do it again considering the continual disappearance of private wow-servers. Sorry, I don't want to hex you but has been a continual experience for me.

I'll pass on your server as it is 300ms+ delay for me and that was what killed me on blizz and private servers, especially in pvp.

Good luck with it.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

So I'm trying to get this downloaded right now. Not sure how long it will take, the torrent seems to be slow as heck. Have any of you actually stuck with this server? Has it gotten more stable and less buggy? Has the population increased or decreased since August?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm trying to get this downloaded right now. Not sure how long it will take, the torrent seems to be slow as heck. Have any of you actually stuck with this server? Has it gotten more stable and less buggy? Has the population increased or decreased since August?
I played until 2 weeks ago. Population was around 100 steadily. It's hard to tell, because /who is capped at something like 49 players in response, so you have to break it down like who 1-10, who 11-20, etc, and add them up.

More stable? Yes. Less buggy? Yes. They were fixing bugs every weekend, but now I don't know because a week or two would go by when they were like "We fixed stuff" and wouldn't be more specific than that.

I only stopped playing because I got involved with Project Gorgon and that is one hell of a time sink for an incomplete alpha with 4 zones/10 dungeons.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Wow emu's always have the worst pathing ever. And that's hard to get past when that was one of the reason why WoW was an evolution in mmos. That and they tend to get shut down or turn in to ghost towns pretty damn quick.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Might do Undead Rogue or Trollolololio Shaman
Old 10-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

What's the average server pop there?
Old 10-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the average server pop there?
shit, dont bother.
Closed Thread