Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like an anti-marijuana advocate. Sometimes the lesser beast is regulation. They can't "stop" account sales, with the dozens of accounts that top end guilds share for tracking/camping uses, you can't really use a shared ip as grounds for banning. And in the case of Platlord, we've seen that a 3rd party website is a very tangible way for people to conduct business on this server absent of the rules and regulations enforced through this site
This seems true for now, so the next best thing is (unfortunately, for people like OP) to allow it like it is now, risks and all. The more traded accounts that end up banned the better. Make it known that the evil that is character selling/buying does not come without great risk, and hopefully fewer people will do it.

Any action to make this practice safer is a step in the wrong direction.

Red99
Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see 0 point to this tbh. Just because you got an account and geared it doesn't mean you wouldn't fire up MQ if that was something you did. Like I said, you both are blowin the clean whistle, but the only proof here is that the account at one point was used for MQ, so unless this was a ping-pong account before Cthulu sold it to you, then it greatly narrows down the guilty party
But I have other accounts as well that are not banned. If I used MQ2 with that account, wouldn't it stand to reason that I would have with my other accounts as well?

Why would I wait to risk getting banned until I dumped all of the money that I had into one account?

Yes I know that it doesn't clear my name from using MQ2, but I think that it at least makes it appear less likely.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you seriously crying about having to start the game EVERYONE else has? just because you lost something someone else gave you? you're a little bitch dude lol. please just quit now
Jesu Christe you are an imbecile with zero reading comprehension skills.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

As far as all of the attempts to help me, I will definitely consider them.

I am not totally broke, so while I won't be spoiling myself with Fungi Tunics and Tstaffs anymore, I can at least reasonably gear up whatever character I make.

Thanks for the support, everyone.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I want to see if Chtulu will actually refund me. If he does I will stay. If not, I'm gone.
Man, you sound annoying. Maybe you should leave, Your jacket is on that rack... Yeah the one of there by the door.

You bought a cheating account and the account got banned. Deal with it, quit crying. Next time do your research and remember even with research, you take a risk by doing something many of this server, including the staff frown upon.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if you're implying that I am potentially the one who used MQ2, you should probably look at the story as a whole. Why on earth would I buy an account, twink it out, and then hack with a program that is totally detectable by the GMs... and even then within 3 or 4 days of owning the account. It just makes no sense.
You obviously didn't know the rules on account trading or what could transpire. So who's to say you knew you couldn't use mq on this server too?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

If you want to try new characters just farm/load up on these http://wiki.project1999.org/Brazier_...ntal_Summoning

and go ham. If you're careful and safe and use it in a zone with wide range of mobs, you can do 8-20 or w/e very easily.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously didn't know the rules on account trading or what could transpire. So who's to say you knew you couldn't use mq on this server too?
I knew that account sales were frowned upon.

Frowned upon =! against the rules.

I know that MQ2 is against the rules. I didn't even know what MQ2 was until I saw people on this forum talking about it.
Closed Thread