Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just going to suck if they disable ffa and everyone (due to the insane xp) has a level 50 cleric alt to oor heal on, you saying it wouldn't happen, i'm saying it will
This may come as a shock, however there are still a select few people that play one character at a time.

I'd rather have mains then oor clrs.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may come as a shock, however there are still a select few people that play one character at a time.

I'd rather have mains then oor clrs.
I used this argument back in the day and I believe it to still be true. However the population has picked up big time and their a lot of mains that are actually OOR including healers. Red99 isn't the same 90 players anymore.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Classic implementation aside

Go hang out in seb a little while Sam

See what you think
Old 01-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

TBH if it's classic then implement it. I mean you cant really argue against that. I still feel that some people not going to like this change as it opens the doors for some retarded shit.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Not that would likely happen but a guild of 60's would not be able to contest a raid mob if a guild of 52's are engaging the mob since they would be OOR and KSing is illegal on the server if you are OOR? Of course this is an extreme example but still that would be awkward.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Should just respect the general fte rule just like people are expected to do right now. If you are a guild at the top end, why the fuck should we allow you to KS people coming up? It takes a dedicated moderately skilled new player 1 week to hit 50, it takes about 2 days of plvling. If people want to contest at 52, that shit is classic.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that would likely happen but a guild of 60's would not be able to contest a raid mob if a guild of 52's are engaging the mob since they would be OOR and KSing is illegal on the server if you are OOR? Of course this is an extreme example but still that would be awkward.
This kind of scenario is never going to happen.

Even if someone got the necessary amount of lvl 52s to clear to trakanon and kill him (lol), a few lvl 55-56s with backup from lvl 60s would destroy them.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Banned

if anything there needs to be MORE FFA zones

watching level 54-55s camping VP keys and OOR healing during VS setup pvp is annoying as fuck

People shouldnt be able to access endgame content and zones without risk of pvp, period

Maybe increase pvp range back to 8 and then eliminate FFA zones, would have to go together though
Old 01-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if anything there needs to be MORE FFA zones

watching level 54-55s camping VP keys and OOR healing during VS setup pvp is annoying as fuck

People shouldnt be able to access endgame content and zones without risk of pvp, period

Maybe increase pvp range back to 8 and then eliminate FFA zones, would have to go together though
I agree. Level range is great because it allows people to xp without getting dunked on by high levels. Raid mobs and camping BIS != the same thing and shouldn't provide the same protection. I think when VS spawns KC should flag FFA, same with any zone. If the raid mob is up then the zone should be FFA. If you don't want to deal with it then dont try to compete for raid mobs, its simple.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

eqpvp.com set up an infamy system that was pretty awful at first but worked great with some fine tuning.

If you were an OOR cleric that healed some one, you would build infamy to the point where you were flagged FFA.

Would be cool to see Red99 implement something like this before Velious launches. Would solve so many future issues.