Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default Realtime auction logger (hourly refresh, may increase)

Hello all,

I have a new logger up at my site - unlike the wiki logger this is updated much more frequently and includes the actual /auc listings (one for each unique seller found).

You can view it at:

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/

For this to show current info users will need to submit their logs in real time. To simplify that, I have added a Windows exe (as well as *nix shell scripts) that will scan your defined log directory and send in the newest lines of your logs to the auction server.

You will not need to refresh the page to view updated auctions, some javascript will handle that for you.

There is also a search box, this search accepts all types of regex arguments (if you are unfamiliar, I will list some common ones):

To see all auctions for sale of a certain item (in this case a flowing black silk sash), filter by some custom "sale" verbage and the item name, by typing the following into the search box:
Code:
(wts|sell|wtt).*(fbss|flowing black silk)
To see all auctions of people wanting to buy a FBSS, you could enter:
Code:
(wtb|buy).*(fbss|flowing black silk)
I still have my EQ Atlas mirror with restyling up at:

http://ahungry.com/eqatlas/
Last edited by tristantio; 09-25-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

VERY cool. I think the most useful part about this will be helping to link up with people selling what you need and vice versa. Nice work bruddah.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent work indeed! Look forward to using it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Skeleton

awesome work!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

nice man.. thanks for the work.

is there a way to actually post WTS or WTB an item on your site?

maybe a way to list wares so when people search they see everybody who is currently trying to sell that item.
Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 02-17-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be providing a windows exe soon (open source) that you can run to automatically send a copy of your log file to my webservice (this will allow us to collect /auctions from zones outside EC and for times I'm actually playing and not idling in EC).
Be sure to post a link to the sourcecode so we can review it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Giving people additional safety in executing your file.

Btw - if you can, please write your tool in a language that can be built with gnu compilers, allowing for builds on different platforms. I.e. no Visual whatever shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Orc

Good job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be sure to post a link to the sourcecode so we can review it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Giving people additional safety in executing your file.

Btw - if you can, please write your tool in a language that can be built with gnu compilers, allowing for builds on different platforms. I.e. no Visual whatever shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually use Linux as my main machine, so it will definitely be standard C (only depenency is libcurl).

I actually have a one-liner using tail, grep and curl to send the updates from my machine currently (parsing done on my webserver courtesy of perl - I'll put up that source also).

Since requiring windows users to install a cygwin setup or something equally involved would have been too much work, I opted to write a compiled binary for them so they can fire and forget it (its still being worked on).
Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

/devil's advocate 1

Trist is gonna hack soooo many of your accounts.

/devil's advocate 0

Cool!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Sites do not seem to be up.