Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Default Truth about the current resist system (screenshots)

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BECOME BRAINDEAD THEN DON'T BOTHER READING THE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD. IT'S FULL WITH FLAMES/DRAMA AND STUPID SHIT. The only relevant thing in this thread is this first post with information.

I decided to log on and actually test resists for real and take some screenshots since there are numerous dumb retards on these forum spreading lies. Not a single one of them actually have a 50 char on beta with good resists. So I wouldn't even spend 1 second listening to a single word they say.

Anyway after reading their bullshit I decided to log and try root before I head out. When I get back home I'm gonna do similar tests with every spell I have.

I posted a comment on every root I casted if it actually hit me.

a) 0.1 seconds basically means that it's off before you even notice you've been rooted. It just stop your char and then you can click forward instantly to move again.

b) 0.5 is similar to 0.1 but like a micro second longer, both these is basically like having a full resist.

Here is the screensshots!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have no freaking clue how the so called TZVZ system worked cause I haven't played this game for 8-10 years. But I'm loving the way this system works. With high resists you can get CC'd but when you do it will last a really short time. There is also no way to lock someone down with a system like this which many people complained about. Sure if you have like 4 people spammin CC on you then you can probably locked down quite well. But CMON if you're in a 1v5 1v6 situation then you deserve to be locked down and killed. On top of that more then half the classes have ways off getting out of CC anyway so most of you will be able to escape 1v5 situations anyway. I know I will on a Wizard at least. Every class has access to instant dispell as well.
Last edited by Lovely; 10-22-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Old 10-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

good evidence, hopefully the trolls are silenced now
Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Aviak

Looks good to me. I'm looking forward to playing this game again, was trying it out last night and it played smooth.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

And as I posted in the other thread:

You're landing tons of roots over and over on yourself with 140MR which is a lot more than most rogues and monks will have in classic. Something like 100-120MR is what a well geared rogue will have and a monk will have probably 80-100. Don't even try to pretend like everyone on the server will have a Tranix crown plus Jacinth rings either.

With lower resist, they last longer and land even easier. You claim the duration is too short to matter, but this just leaves the door open for Null to change it to whatever he wants at any time before beta closes or after release.

If all it takes to get a free kill is one guy spamming you with a constant stream of roots and snares while another guy does damage, then it's gonna be mindless, no-talent, zerg based PvP.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

people who have had their first experience with eq pvp in this beta should not really be telling others "its fine, stfu and deal with it" since your talking out of your ass.

Quote:
But CMON if you're in a 1v5 1v6 situation then you deserve to be locked down and killed.
that quote is not eq it is the typical wow zerg mentality, maneuverability allowed small numbers and solos to still go up against zergs without being 100% certain of a dirtnap.

i dont really care a whole lot about cc spells one way or the other, this change will allow me to actually kill bards and i will just avoid anything more than 2 or so players at a time, the issue is not that it lands for 1 - 4 seconds on average, the issue is that it removes speed buffs and therefore when it breaks you are still effectively snared anyway.

even if you have jboots to hit once it breaks, your foes likely have sow.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

it will never be awesome , and wont ever be anything like it was

its good enough , we going to bicker and let them wait another month to roll the server? The resist checks work semi fine , spell dmg is reduced , stuff ill have to deal with

at least theres no 40% Rule
Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Yep, this is a indirect nerf to classes with SoW because root/snare overrides SoW even if it lands for .1 second. In classic, these spells would almost never land at all on someone with 140 MR.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

First of all Darwoth you're an idiot if you think I have a zerg mentality. I basically only solo PVP and I'm the only member in my guild and I don't plan on inviting anyone else either. I don't freaking care if 100 people chase me. You have loads of ways to escape. Most classes even have gate and if you don't have that then fkin buy a GATE POTION? It's not to hard.. Oh and if you don't wanna spend time farming PP or items you need to escape from these situations then you definitely deserve to die. The system you seem to like is one where a player can have FULL RAID GEAR and basically be invincible. I've already experienced that system in EQ PVP and it's beyond lame. Personally I prefer a challenge. I know ill have good gear on live and all the best utility items and I prefer to have a challenge with people actually landing spells on me. Then me running around in godlike and laughing at people who try to CC me. I understand why bad players would like a system like that. But hey some of us like a challenge.

2nd
Quote:
people who have had their first experience with eq pvp in this beta should not really be telling others "its fine, stfu and deal with it" since your talking out of your ass.
You have no clue what kind of EQ pvp experience I have. After playing EQ for 4 months I won the Test of Tactics on my server. Then I came 2nd in the SERVERWIDE Test of Tactics tournament where we lost to Afterlife in the final. On the way to the final we destroyed the TWO best teams the PVP servers had to offer. I could go on with numerous of more pvp achievements I had but I really dislike bragging on forums. Pwning you guys in game is enough for me.

Makeyoumad you're still just talking out of your ass like a complete idiot. Have you tried casting CC at 80-100MR or 100-120MR? No you haven't so you should stfu like usual. Also if you guys didn't realize it by now. RED99 is not CLASSIC EVERQUEST nor are they trying to make it CLASSIC EVERQUEST.

Also, any smart developer will cater for the majority of their playerbase and that's the casuals and not the hardcore players like myself. With that in mind I'm sure the majority of the people will want a system where they actually have a chance vs raid geared people instead of them walking around immune to all spells the casuals cast on them.

I know Darwoth is a hardcore player since he's online 24/7 on the beta and I assume this Makeyourmad guy is one as well. The only thing you two seem to care about is having an even higher advantage vs the casual players then what you already have with playing way more and having better gear + more utility items. Personally I hope the developers will just go with their own vision and not listen to everyone here on the forums since most here are just trying to get an advantage for themselves with their posts.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, this is a indirect nerf to classes with SoW because root/snare overrides SoW even if it lands for .1 second. In classic, these spells would almost never land at all on someone with 140 MR.
Why do you think Darwoth is crying? Cause he's a druid and want as much advantages he can against the average player.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Orc

lol, i see was have a "test of tactics" hero here. Of course that represents what EQ pvp was all about.

A classic pvp server should have classic resists. End of story, freak.
Closed Thread