Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Aviak

Default Tip your Porter

I always port for donations, but lately it seems like I am getting swarmed by "Hey man, I need a freebie, I'm broke" Then some level 50+ with pimped out gear stands in front of me, not tipping...

Or a guy who actually claimed to be penniless, then after making understand the stupidity of his claim, he tells me to go "be noble in real life"

Really not trying to R&F, but people please spread the word, time is money... If someone wants a free ride, take the boat, if not, determine how much plat you would pay to save your time running.... that is what you should tip.

When not on my druid I tip a minimum of 30pp. The exception to this rule was when I first started out, even then, I tipped 4-5 pp .. whatever I could....

In the end, I am always wiling to help the less fortunate, if they are the less fortunate... don't be cheap, it makes you look like a DB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Aviak

I really have nothing to add to your post, I agree with you 100%. I just wanted to say that I love your signature picture lol. My friends and I were talking about that one the other day when we went out to our trunks before mission and there was alittle tiny owl sitting on one of them, looking just like the one on the right.

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

This is why I generally don't port lower levels. You want nostalgia, good you came here. Run from Surefall Glade to Kelethin like I did in 1999 and when I started here I did the same. I didn't get a port or anything like that.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Always try to tip.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Sarnak

Just charge up front if you're that hard up for plat.

Problem solved.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Aviak

Default Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just charge up front if you're that hard up for plat.

Problem solved.
Obviously you are unable to comprehend the purpose of the post. Its not about plat, its about principle.... I'll port you for nothing, if you are naked, or a true broke noob.

Don't be cheap ... if you got 100pp sitting on you... give 10-20pp to the guy that just saved you an hour run. Especially when you can recoup that 10-20pp after a kill or two at higher levels...

Most importantly, don't tell someone you can't afford to give a tip of appreciation when you are all decked out in twink gear... it is insulting to the person you are asking a service from.....

This isn't exactly college material, not sure how else to explain it for you :P
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Run from Surefall Glade to Kelethin like I did in 1999
Its this kinda stuff that makes Classic EQ the awesome game it is. It may be a pain, but adventuring like that is half the fun.

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not about plat, its about principle.... I'll port you for nothing, if you are naked, or a true broke noob.

Don't be cheap ... if you got 100pp sitting on you... give 10-20pp to the guy that just saved you an hour run.
If you're not going to charge a fee, you lose the right to complain about not getting paid.

It isn't rocket science, it really is that simple, not sure how to explain it to you more clearly for you to be able to understand... if you want plat, just charge, if you don't want plat, don't charge.

What you do NOT do is specifically NOT charge and then complain that people aren't paying you a fee which you didn't ask for in the first place. etc etc.

It's common sense.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 03-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not going to charge a fee, you lose the right to complain about not getting paid.

It isn't rocket science, it really is that simple, not sure how to explain it to you more clearly for you to be able to understand... if you want plat, just charge, if you don't want plat, don't charge.

What you do NOT do is specifically NOT charge and then complain that people aren't paying you a fee which you didn't ask for in the first place. etc etc.

It's common sense.
You're being a dick for no real reason, he doesn't charge for ports because he's a nice guy and he doesn't want to put a flat fee for those who cannot afford it. He's simply saying that its sad when people who can afford to pay don't.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:

It's common sense.
I don't ever see druids' or wizards' demand a specific payment for rides. Do you just assume that's because these people are sitting around all day giving free rides for the hell of it?

You don't tip the pizza man either, do you? Or tip after getting a hair cut? Or tip your waiter / waitress? Aside from certain restaurants, rarely are you ever required to tip. Do you think it's funny to not tip someone, or did someone really teach you somewhere along the way that not tipping is just fine with most people? I mean hey, I don't ever remember the pizza guy or my barber specifically asking for a tip, fuck'em then, right? Hahah. That's a pretty shitty attitude to have.
Closed Thread