Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Banned

I bet you still get spells on the new list, and not the old every 4 or 5 levels one.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who is columbo? some redneck icon?
Hey, he enjoys shooting. He must be a redneck.

You're pretty sheltered, aren't you?

It's pretty difficult to be a redneck when you grew up in the ghetto as a kid.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The live date for the time-locked progression server has now been announced as Tuesday 15th February - so earlier than the originally suggested date of March.
P99 Kunark on Monday 14th February at the latest, uve heard it here first.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
but ill still play there as the raiding scene will be much better than here hopefully
L.O.L.

ps: oh u finished the sentence with hopefully, so its just a small lol then, but still a lol.
Last edited by mitic; 02-02-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just like the time they put up the Discord FFA PvP server for a month, it was "classic content" with LDON camps and Adventure Stones (so you could port around the world using that,) as well as spells (like Breeze) which weren't in until Kunark, and even the spell levels were the newer version where you get spells every level as a caster as opposed to every 4....the list goes on and on.
the point of the temporary COMPETITIVE PVP SERVER WITH PERMADEATH was not to recreate a "classic experience". This is not comparable in any way. Discord was one of the last good things i remember Sony doing, and shame on you for shitting on it.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the point of the temporary COMPETITIVE PVP SERVER WITH PERMADEATH was not to recreate a "classic experience". This is not comparable in any way. Discord was one of the last good things i remember Sony doing, and shame on you for shitting on it.
I agree that Discord was one of the best things SOE ever did with the game, despite all the bs cheating and GMs not giving two shits about it. However, my point is; SOE's version of a classic server is not as classic as it sounds.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Alright ... LOTS of grouchy people on this thread...

I intend on playing... Sure the spell lists will not be classic... graphics not classic... and other stuff, but it seems like $OE has realized, FINALLY what the players really wanted. AND actually delivered. I feel if we don't support this server-- Live EQ will never make its way back to the good old days. If the Flippy Darkpaw Server is packed $OE might notice what a great game they had. Hell maybe they can take a different turn this time around...

IM IN ! Who wants to guild up on the new server? < P1999ers > hehe

BUMP this thread if ya wanta go live Feb 15 th. Ill be ready to go 24 hrs at least.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright ... LOTS of grouchy people on this thread...

I intend on playing... Sure the spell lists will not be classic... graphics not classic... and other stuff, but it seems like $OE has realized, FINALLY what the players really wanted. AND actually delivered. I feel if we don't support this server-- Live EQ will never make its way back to the good old days. If the Flippy Darkpaw Server is packed $OE might notice what a great game they had. Hell maybe they can take a different turn this time around...

IM IN ! Who wants to guild up on the new server? < P1999ers > hehe

BUMP this thread if ya wanta go live Feb 15 th. Ill be ready to go 24 hrs at least.
$OE FINALLY had there change a good while ago, and they blew there load. Have fun if thats what suits you to each his own. And another reason why I think they released in Feb. instead of March on the EQ anniversary is to pull players away from the Rift Beta thats hot and heavy from what I understand. Theres always a tactic with them. They could have spent that extra month tweaking the prog. servers. like ive said before..
Are we all just slaves to the system?
Us and them and after all were just ordinary men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJJ7ec1eAo
"Freedom cannot exist in the world of Capitalism any more than a fish can live out of water."
Last edited by muddy27; 02-02-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Lol you have this server here, and you're going to go to Sony's?

*facepalm*
Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

I keep walking away from EMU due to, due to issues... Overall this is the BEST EQ we can get. I enjoy lvling up new chars and seems like we have been SCREAMing at $OE for a long long time for this... Hate to see it pass us bye.

Whats $15 bucks? If its yet another butchery... No biggie. Hell I love being one of the firsts...

Good to see ya Face.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Closed Thread