Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Then I'll only say that it was a part of the EverQuest experience that was available since the servers opened.

Changing corpses to a 3 hour rez timer was also part of original EQ.. I'm happy to see that come back.
Last edited by Humwawa; 06-03-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Then I'll only say that any level 50 who keeps a camp SOLO after farming 2 or more rare LORE items for themselves is a douche bag. At least when others are wanting to move up to said camp. Otherwise, keep it forever.

I'm level 45, I have spent days if not weeks in LGUK, and I have yet to see any camp besides bedroom, ass/sup, or minos. My guild and I thought it was SOO bad, that we stopped doing LGUK and have not been back. We have been doing Sol B because the solo farmers in LGUK are out of control.

Cannot even get frenzy/AM or lord at like 5am. The solo farmers are STILL there and still leaving items on corpses to farm more.

It's pretty fucking retarded when its easier to camp fire giant nameds than lguk nameds.

I've killed Tranix/Warlord/Magus at least 2-3 times each. I have NEVER even seen Frenzy or Lord yet. I only saw AM in a train. Its not from a lack of trying.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Last edited by girth; 06-03-2010 at 07:07 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

it's a viable exploit, it was in classic, so in the nature of the server it should probably stay in. People did the exact same thing with no rent items. Infact the only reason they changed it was because after a gm even in which they handed out http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=11000
people kept dying with them so they could use them constantly without losing them when they logged out.

Yeah it is a pretty crappy thing to do, but hey, some people are just pretty crappy people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

I'm a pretty hardcore Frenzy camper.

My reasons are mine, and I've almost finished with my goal. This means I'll stop taking it whenever I can, and holding it as long as I can.

For my part, I've never been asked to "yield" the camp, not by you, not by anyone. In fact, I've never seen Bootleg anywhere near Frenzy. And we were, I thought, friendly towards each other before.. whatever this is started.

I've been asked to List it, and I usually can't remember it by the end of the camp. I've left the camp to respond to a guild raid call and been chewed out by another necro because I forgot his "spot." That was you, Bones. =)

In short - there are several people who camp Frenzy, and as far as I know, there's no secret society that plans to lock it forever. You're just unlucky. Nothing is being done in Lower Guk that you yourselves cannot do yourselves, and this is simply a mask for a bigger issue - Camp Etiquette.

Do I die with FBSSes and save them on corpses? Yes. I do this and will stop when I've finished with the goal I've set for myself, which is almost through. You act as if I've been there the past three months, when it's actually been two days.
Last edited by Humwawa; 06-03-2010 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Clarified pronouns.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

It wouldn't be the only 'classic exploit' they left out/removed for the integrity of the server, IF they removed it.

45 Iksar Monk

Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Your server may have had the Guk rules you've mentioned. Mine was dominated by necromancers. I was one of them.

Which server is right, I wonder?

Regardless. What's the big deal? Nobody has said a single thing about this to me until this random post pops up, invoking GM intervention over something many people did all the time on Live servers. Next time, try to talk out a problem with the community instead of circumventing the issue - you want an FBSS - by pointing out an ingame workaround.
Last edited by Humwawa; 06-03-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humwawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been asked to List it, and I usually can't remember it by the end of the camp. I've left the camp to respond to a guild raid call and been chewed out by another necro because I forgot his "spot." That was you, Bones. =)
Lol, well I won't deny that I wasn't upset, but that was weeks ago and hardly the basis behind this post. I certainly wasn't upset at you.. Just a little ticked about sitting there all day waiting for the camp and not getting it in the end anyways. (I wasn't trying to "chew you out", sorry if that was the impression you got) The reasoning behind this post is the resulting corpse stacking that is going on. I am not trying to single you out, there are several people doing this and the camp is locked down 24/7, intentional or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humwawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In short - there are several people who camp Frenzy, and as far as I know, there's no secret society that plans to lock it forever. You're just unlucky. Nothing is being done in Lower Guk that you yourselves cannot do yourselves, and this is simply a mask for a bigger issue - Camp Etiquette.
To that I have to disagree. As girth already said. "It's not a matter of not trying."
There are groups in guk all the time who would kill for the frenzy camp, but its always being farmed, and groups simply do not stay formed for 12+ hours waiting in line for a camp like that. I promise you if frenzy wasn't being solo farmed 24/7 there would be exp groups there all the time. (Not that I am saying it shouldn't be allowed to be solo camped, but you see what I am getting at)
Quote:
Do I die with FBSSes and save them on corpses? Yes. I do this and will stop when I've finished with the goal I've set for myself, which is almost through. You act as if I've been there the past three months, when it's actually been two days.
I can't tell who this is directed at, but again, this is not just about you or any one person, and infact I know most of you guys who do it, and you are cool dudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit - Damn the thread is getting derailed already.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, derailing it was kinda my intent.

It's obvious the issue isn't body camping, but how the camp is held by classes able to solo it, and I suspect that which side you're on depends on whether or not you are one of those classes.

Sometimes I can't get Frenzy either.

I don't camp to save tons of money. I camp for a reason. I don't mean harm, I just mean to accomplish the purpose I've set for myself, and when I'm finished, I'll move on.

Will another solo class take my place. I can guarantee it.
Last edited by Humwawa; 06-03-2010 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Added a thought.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm a pretty hardcore Frenzy camper.

My reasons are mine, and I've almost finished with my goal. This means I'll stop taking it whenever I can, and holding it as long as I can.

For my part, I've never been asked to "yield" the camp, not by you, not by anyone. In fact, I've never seen Bootleg anywhere near Frenzy. And we were, I thought, friendly towards each other before.. whatever this is started.

My post isn't directed solely toward you, I just chose to mimic your opening because I highly disagree with what you said, and I'm not very creative so I stole it!

We have been friendly in game, and I still think we are, but that doesn't change my opinion on this matter. I cannot even get near frenzy for the most part, because its camped 30 hours a day 9 days a week and normally the people camping there(or AFK there) are VERY territorial.

I have not had specific issues with you in LGUK ham, in fact you've helped me out, remember letting me know Cav was up with his 2h in hand? I still think you're awesome for that. That said, I think what you're doing is kinda wrong, but I'm not a GM, so maybe in their 'vision' its not. In that case, good luck on finishing quickly and letting others get some goodies. =D

ps You haven't seen me there, because like I said - my guild gave up on trying to get any camp higher than ass/sup/cav/exe - which is crazy seeing as we group very late at night and play till morning quite often.

We want some FBSS's so bad at this point for our melee, we feel our best chance is to farm FGs to get some of that loot to trade for some FBSS's. That is pretty stupid considering we have had the ability to kill the frenzy camp for at least 3-4 weeks now.

45 Iksar Monk

Last edited by girth; 06-03-2010 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Frenzy was always a highly contested camp. Whether it was by a group or by someone soloing it.

Funnily enough i never saw someone soloing it on my server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Guess the necros there didn't have the guts :3

I enchant things...