Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humwawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next time, try to talk out a problem with the community instead of circumventing the issue - you want an FBSS - by pointing out an ingame workaround.
I thought that was the purpose of this thread. This is the forums. This is the community.
Nobody is trying to circumvent any issue. Do I want an FBSS? Sure, who doesn't.
Would I want to stack corpses farming a bunch of sashes for days effectively screwing potential frenzy groups over who might actually need the sashes? Hell no.
Like I said, this is not about you or any single person in particular.

Maybe you are right... maybe the main issue here is camp etiquette.
But why is an item even lore if people are just going to corpse stack it. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of making it lore to begin with? <--- This is the whole basis for my argument, and the reasoning for posting it in technical discussions.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

I'm pretty goddam sick of Frenzy.

I don't really care much about plat, but circumstances require me to. When/if I succeed in my plans, you won't see me anywhere near Frenzy for quite awhile.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not saying I should get a camp whenever I want it, but because of this 'exploit' I would call it, its almost impossible to even have a chance to get certain camps.

Therefore, the issues go hand in hand. This issue allows 1 man to perma camp multiple LORE items until he wants to leave. That isn't right.

I wouldn't care if 1 person soloed the camp if he at least had to leave every now and then to mule his items or sell them. If he wants to do it that way, he should have every right to. This just seems like cheating, which is normally considered an exploit.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Last edited by girth; 06-03-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Frenzy is my favorite camp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frenzy is my favorite camp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah its my favorite camp too, I won't lie. Edit - Mainly because its the one camp I can watch a movie while doing. /popcorn
Still much <3. I don't hate you guys at all don't get me wrong.

On a side note, I've had many chances where I could have stacked a corpse and kept farming it, I just never did out of respect for everybody else who wants a shot at it, whether it be another farmer or a group, and I have always respected the "line".
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Unless someone is right there rezzing that body or they've bound closeby, technically they aren't there to hold the camp under the guidelines. It would be an asshat move to do that and play that card, but its still technically kosher.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

I'm currently bound in Frenzy.

...I probably shouldn't admit to that.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is why we can't have nice things.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Developer

Storing lore, or no-rent items, on corpses was very classic. I am all for it. But I am only a dev here.

On live, when you had someone hogging a camp, you trained them until they left. Unless they could also FD. But this isn't live, and we very much have GM intervention here. Which is also not very classic. It was very rare that GMs intervened on live.

But then again. I am not a nice person, when it comes to people or guilds who perma-camp spawns. There are reasons I don't GM on the server.

Haynar
Old 06-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Whether it was classic bug or not, it was a bug, lore means lore, not lore and as many as you can stuff your corpses with. Things are made lore precisely to prevent this kind of behaviour.