Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-16-2015, 04:13 AM
Aviak

Default HALP! Fresh install~~

Hello P99,

It's been a while. I haven't been online since... about a year ago, but I got the itch again, and installed on my NEW COMPUTER!!!!

P99 ran fine on my old computer of 9 years, but will not get past the server login on my new rig. Specs are as follows:

Windows 10
AMD FX 4350
NVidia 650ti

I am able to get to the server select screen. Once I pick p99 and click on enter server, my screen will first turn black, then minimize black (to take up about 2/3 of the top left part of my screen), and then return me to game login (login screen with a hot pic of FV smiling at me).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and will come with a few free ports (main dr00d). Thanks guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sir, pls halp! My sarvar is dawn!!

You reminded me of our comical clients we have at my work lol. Anyway, I have p99 installed on several comps and the only one it never worked on is my FX6300 machine. I confirmed there being a couple other people on here a while ago with FX processors experiencing a similar problem as well.

Basically I can get it to run on an AMD APU (Llano) and an several Sandy Bridge Intels, but straight up no luck on the FX. It's possible there's an issue there with the Visheras. It's been a while since I tried but what you are describing sounds pretty similar to what I had experienced.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Aviak

wonderdream,

thanks for the reply. since it appears to be an fx problem... i guess i'm screwed. i've been searching for solutions and am not coming up with much. tried new resolutions, windows vs non, multi core fix, etc. and nothing. alas, my google fu is too weak to fix this problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks again, would love to hear more ideas on this.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Kobold

What about running on Windows 7 64 bit?
Old 10-20-2015, 04:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about running on Windows 7 64 bit?
Seems like a dramatic move to downgrade back to w7 just for eq (everything else is working fine)... I'll give it some thought tho.

thanks for your suggestion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]