Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea "/dynamic off" didn't make any noticeable difference. Tried both zoning and relogging entirely to be sure.

Not sure what the problem is honestly. As I said my CPU is MAXING OUT at around 70% usage on the main core running eqgame.exe (that's standing in the entrance to the EC tunnel looking back through ALL the players in the tunnel w/ max range clip and actor clip)
I suspected it might not work for you, I have a similar system with a 7700k and 1080ti but I haven't had any problems with slow downs on that, just on my laptop.

I think some people are having problems with both the lighting and something else possibly related to the FPS cap.

Are you using WinEQ? Are you using any of the frame limiting options in WinEQ, if so have you tried turning them off or bypassing WinEQ entirely and using the default launchtitanium.bat? What about the CPU fix, I think from Duxa's installer, is that something you're using? Do you use Rivatuner or another program to limit FPS?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you using WinEQ? Are you using any of the frame limiting options in WinEQ, if so have you tried turning them off or bypassing WinEQ entirely and using the default launchtitanium.bat? What about the CPU fix, I think from Duxa's installer, is that something you're using? Do you use Rivatuner or another program to limit FPS?
No to all of that except I WAS using MSI Afterburner/RTSS to limit my FPS to 50 right now cuz I'd rather play @ a locked 50 than constantly be dropping from 60 down to 50.

As of this moment I've managed to get the game running @ a locked 60FPS by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and forcing to game to run @ 8x MSAA w/ 8x SSAA also enabled. Basically forcing the GPU to work overtime though I will say it DOES look rather nice w/ that much antialiasing lol.

EDIT: Interestingly SHADOWS enabled is an absolute MONSTER of a GPU-resource hog. Running w/ forced 8x MSAA+SSAA and shadows ENABLED puts me around 40FPS @ EC tunnel w/ my 1080Ti pegged @ 99% usage. Shadows DISABLED w/ the same settings and I get a fixed 60FPS and my GPU usage is only 35%. I'm 99% sure this was never the case in the past. I've tested shadows on/off several times in the past and left them disabled not due to performance but simply because I find the shadows in EQ to be rather sub-par and poor looking (again IMO)
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 10-06-2019 at 07:52 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Weird. My next step would be to backup the current EQ install, and try a fresh install just to check it out. Reinstall drivers with a settings wipe. If that didn't help, I might do a system install, but, I'm crazy like that. Are you on 10, 7, or something else?
Last edited by Daud; 10-06-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weird. My next step would be to backup the current EQ install, and try a fresh install just to check it out. Reinstall drivers with a settings wipe. If that didn't help, I might do a system install, but, I'm crazy like that. Are you on 10, 7, or something else?
Actually I just did a fresh system install back in early August in preparation for WOW Classic, lol. So everything is fresh.

Now I just gated back to EC and hey whaddya know? I'm stuck between 40-50FPS again for no reason. Meh w/e luckily it only seems to be happening in heavily populated areas (EC tunnel / raids) so it won't really effect 90% of my gameplay on Green.....
Old 10-07-2019, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Any news on this matter?

I have tried the above mentioned + one core + went through the possibilities mentioned in the graphic section on wiki. All with no luck.

I still lack like hell after this last patch. If more than 3 PCs/NPCs are within my view it becomes unplayable for me, and thats like everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Add: Been trying with WinEQ 2 as well now and still laggy and unplayable.

Let me repeat myself; I have never had issues like this before. Last patch fucked something up good :|

Is it the fixed FPS or the change in lightning, I donno. However, the latter seems likely, as my lag is more intence if more than 2 PCs/NPCs are in my view.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

I too have tried WinEQ2. I tried changing all of my settings as well. No change. Constant stuttering (lag) and flickering of lights on the map. Did not occur prior to the patch distributed on 10-28/29.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I've done that suggestion a bunch of time before without getting any echo from the devs - I'll repeat it again here.

Please try changing the 60 FPS lock to 99, at least for 1 patch interval. So we can see if this fixes everyone's issue.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I definitely noticed lag when characters are in view and also weird lighting and flickering broken ground textures, particularly on the lower right of the screen when I move my camera around.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Player lighting definitely has a framerate hit, but there's something funny going on beyond just that. I'm getting terrible framerate hits in areas full of animated trees (most especially Kunark zones like Warsliks wood and the forest part of Dreadlands as example) whether there are players visible or not. Last night in West Commons with hundreds of players in near vicinity it was running at a higher framerate than I had a couple days ago in Warsliks with nobody at all in sight. Dreadlands is quite funny. I can spin and look into the "desert" part of the zone--good performance. I turn around, without changing location, and look into the "forest" section and framerate dies. Dunno what's causing it, but whatever's going on it's not JUST the player lighting effect. If the lighting is affected by the large number of surfaces in forest areas (and especially by the motion of Kunark trees) that could affect it.

Danth
Closed Thread